By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have to admit, I wasn't really interested until I watched this.

Tagged games:

Mythmaker1 said:
Something about this is off-putting to me, but I can't for the life of my describe what it is. The gameplay looks interesting, though, but I can't make anything cohesive out of it. I'm curious about this game, but I can't see myself buying it.

Have you played the demo ? Those were pretty much my thoughts before I actually played it. I didn't knew what it was but I couldn't stop thinking "I just don't get WTF this is."

Now I still don't get everything about the game but I can say is just fun and entertaining. Better than most of the oh so called "AAA" games we saw in the past gen.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:

WiiU is getting the gaemz. Now advertise that shit

This. If Nintendo doesn't advertise the hell out of this game - and I mean advertise it well - then they're idiots. Edited parts of the trailers alone would work wonders to get people interested.

On that note, I'm quite pleased to see that the game has resulted in a 180º of many people's interest. I've been enthused about it since it was still known as Project P-100 but now I am rabidly ecstatic over it.

Is the female super hero the same person who voices Juliet in Lollipop Chainsaw?

VGPolyglot said:
Is the female super hero the same person who voices Juliet in Lollipop Chainsaw?

Yep, it's Tara Strong alright. IMDB doesn't have data for W101 yet but this link gives the info for the four main heroes:

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/The-Wonderful-101/

I had initially thought that Wonder Red was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker, the voice of Viewtiful Joe, but apparently not.

You can download a 60fps video here, better quality but it's 789mb

http://platinumgames.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/wiiu_wonderful101_trailer_012213s.mov (right click 'save as'))

For those uncertain as to what the game is, it is an action adventure. It bears some superficial resemblance to Pikmin but only in the perspective and the fact that there are 100 characters under your control.

Pikmin is a strategy game at heart with plenty of exploration and adventure but it focuses on management of time and resources and affords you individual control over each of your units, even through the range of actions for each unit is limited.

Wonderful 101 does not (at least not in the demo) give you much, if any control over individual units. You are fighting essentially as a single entity with the individuals in the unit determining the group's strength and move set. You have a much more diverse range of moves than in Pikmin, including defensive, offensive, jumping and special moves with combos playing a prominent role. Like Viewtiful Joe there are exploration and puzzle solving sections interspersed with small, medium and large set-piece battles. At the end of each section you get a score based on how well you completed the section based on speed, combos, defense etc.

Not sure if that helps?

Around the Network

Can this game sell 1 million lifetime? I sure hope it does and we see Wonderful 1000 later in Wii U lifetime.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

carlos710 said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Something about this is off-putting to me, but I can't for the life of my describe what it is. The gameplay looks interesting, though, but I can't make anything cohesive out of it. I'm curious about this game, but I can't see myself buying it.

Have you played the demo ? Those were pretty much my thoughts before I actually played it. I didn't knew what it was but I couldn't stop thinking "I just don't get WTF this is."

Now I still don't get everything about the game but I can say is just fun and entertaining. Better than most of the oh so called "AAA" games we saw in the past gen.

Can't say that I have. Hasn't been much opportunity to, though I wouldn't turn it down if it came.

I think I've finally nailed down what about that video I didn't like: it's unfocused. So many ines and ideas being thrown about, and so many varied types of gameplay, and nothing actually being communicated. Maybe that was the idea behind that video, but it really didn't sell me on the whole concept.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

After the diect this jumped to one of my most hyped games.

Watching that trailer did two things:

1 - Made me think I'd just witnessed the entire plot from beginning to end.

2 - Made me REALLY want to see if that is the plot from beginning to end, thus making me interested in it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Watching that trailer did two things:

1 - Made me think I'd just witnessed the entire plot from beginning to end.

2 - Made me REALLY want to see if that is the plot from beginning to end, thus making me interested in it.

Apparently Kamiya (the director) has confirmed that there were no spoilers in the trailer.