By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What is the biggest reason immigration anger's you? Why are we all so mad?

Marks said:
Because people come to Canada, and instead of trying to fit in with our society, we change society to accomodate their beliefs and traditions. We spend too much money helping them get settled, when in my opinion, if they want to come here they should already know English (or French if they're headed to Quebec) and have enough money to get started on their own. If they can't accomplish these simple things then they shouldn't be allowed in.

Yeah it's exactly why cricket has overtaken hockey in Canada and street signs are printed in Cantonese and Falafel Hut is putting Tim Horton's out of business.

/sarcasm.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:

Let's say that what bothers me isn't that they're an immigrant and "don't contribute."  It would simply be the "not contributing" part alone.  There are people who were born here that contribute nothing.  I don't think being an immigrant should be a reason to discriminate.  Some people say about how our money and hardwork pays for these people, or that they need to earn their right to live here... but I think it shouldn't be thought about that way.  

Who really has the right to say that you can or can't live somewhere?  We may claim ownership of land, but the way we even gained this "authority" was through dirty means.  People who "don't contribute" to society tend to not have all the benefits a full legal citizen has anyway.  

I also don't think most people who are here illegally just sit around and do nothing.  That's not how you survive in this country.  Where would you get the means to survive as an illegal immigrant?  Most of them don't have connections to the place they go to.  There are also a lot of complications when trying to do things the "right" way.  What constitutes the "right" way is a flawed set of rules in the first place.  The "right" way can change.  

Ironically, this country (USA) was formed from NOT abiding to every single law.  The people have, or is supposed to have, some influence on what becomes law.  I'm not saying everyone has to agree with me, but I think I'm making it pretty clear that just being an immigrant doesn't bother me or make me upset.  There are a lot of reasons why things are the way they are.  I would say it's much more likely you'll see people who aren't immigrants sitting on their butts than the immigrants.  Think about how much effort it takes some of these people to even get here.  Some of them may not do much, but I'm willing to bet that most of them try hard to do what they can.

You are giving many people the benefit of the doubt. And the truth is, you just can't do that. People immigrate illegaly because they don't feel like going through the process. That's ridiculous. (I'm sure there is another reason, but I can't think of any.) If you really wanted to come over to another country, do it the right way. Do everything how it's supposed to be done. You'll feel good that you are here legally, and no one would be bothered by anything. (Other than the completely ignorant people.)

And yes, I agree that there are useless people on every single side of every single party. I never disagreed with that. It's a perfectly true statement, just one that I happened to not bring up. Sorry.

And don't bring up "this country was founded blah, blah, blah." It doesn't affect my argument. That was the past. Some things were done wrong, some things were done well. That has no affect on people's decisions in the present. As it should be.

NintendoPie said:
MDMAlliance said:

Let's say that what bothers me isn't that they're an immigrant and "don't contribute."  It would simply be the "not contributing" part alone.  There are people who were born here that contribute nothing.  I don't think being an immigrant should be a reason to discriminate.  Some people say about how our money and hardwork pays for these people, or that they need to earn their right to live here... but I think it shouldn't be thought about that way.  

Who really has the right to say that you can or can't live somewhere?  We may claim ownership of land, but the way we even gained this "authority" was through dirty means.  People who "don't contribute" to society tend to not have all the benefits a full legal citizen has anyway.  

I also don't think most people who are here illegally just sit around and do nothing.  That's not how you survive in this country.  Where would you get the means to survive as an illegal immigrant?  Most of them don't have connections to the place they go to.  There are also a lot of complications when trying to do things the "right" way.  What constitutes the "right" way is a flawed set of rules in the first place.  The "right" way can change.  

Ironically, this country (USA) was formed from NOT abiding to every single law.  The people have, or is supposed to have, some influence on what becomes law.  I'm not saying everyone has to agree with me, but I think I'm making it pretty clear that just being an immigrant doesn't bother me or make me upset.  There are a lot of reasons why things are the way they are.  I would say it's much more likely you'll see people who aren't immigrants sitting on their butts than the immigrants.  Think about how much effort it takes some of these people to even get here.  Some of them may not do much, but I'm willing to bet that most of them try hard to do what they can.

You are giving many people the benefit of the doubt. And the truth is, you just can't do that. People immigrate illegaly because they don't feel like going through the process. That's ridiculous. (I'm sure there is another reason, but I can't think of any.) If you really wanted to come over to another country, do it the right way. Do everything how it's supposed to be done. You'll feel good that you are here legally, and no one would be bothered by anything. (Other than the completely ignorant people.)

And yes, I agree that there are useless people on every single side of every single party. I never disagreed with that. It's a perfectly true statement, just one that I happened to not bring up. Sorry.

And don't bring up "this country was founded blah, blah, blah." It doesn't affect my argument. That was the past. Some things were done wrong, some things were done well. That has no affect on people's decisions in the present. As it should be.

I wasn't really trying to argue with you and was more trying to build on my own on why I am not angered by any type of immigration.  Because it's not about the immigration.

I haven't seen any reason from these post that would convince me why any of you would even be mad about immigration!

I haven't seen any reason from these post that would convince me why any of you would even be mad about immigration!

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:

I wasn't really trying to argue with you and was more trying to build on my own on why I am not angered by any type of immigration.  Because it's not about the immigration.

This thread is about immigration, so I don't get where you are trying to go with this.

Poor? Lol alot of illegals make great money
You must be living under a rock kid. People in general love free stuff even if its a pack of chewing gum. And to the famous "they only do the jobs we dont do" this isn't the 90's anymore. There are illegals that work in almost all type of jobs from low to high paying. This is 2013 buddy so get with the program.

NintendoPie said:
MDMAlliance said:

This thread is about immigration, so I don't get where you are trying to go with this.

I was saying that whatever anger I would have towards a person would not be a result of the immigration.

Immigration is necessary. We're old.

I don't know why people things immigrates steal their jobs.

50 immigrates creates 52 jobs, it was proven.

The problem with amnesty is that it's a slap in the face to the people who are waiting for a chance to com here on a guest worker program of immigration lottery. It's a slap in the face to my friend who went to school in the US for 7 years and then was sent home because he didn't find a job within 10 months of graduation with his MS in Computer Science. (It's harder to find a job if you are foreign since it costs the employer money to sponsor you.) Our government should encourage people who go to school here to stay instead of going home to compete against us. They should also want immigrants who respect our laws and borders here, not the criminals. (And yes, if you are an "illegal" immigrant you are a criminal.)

If you believe that these folks can be successful and contribute to society then pay a visit to West Valley City, UT.

I am not racist at all. I do believe, however, that some cultures are superior to others. We have a culture (used to) that breeds success. (Now we punish success, but that is another discussion.)

I believe the way to handle this problem is start jailing people who hire the illegals (rarely happens) and pay more for goods that higher wage earners produce. I suspect, however, that if we cut the indefinite unemployment "benefits" people will start taking other jobs.

BTW, people in line for the free backpack likely go get in line for taxpayer money after that. They clearly are not working if they have time to stand in that line. These are the folks who will further drain the welfare system. Do we really need them here?

I think the government should instead sit down with the families of people killed by illegals (usually hit by drunk ones) and explain why their loved ones are dead because they failed to do their jobs.

Remember everyone, we gave amnesty in 1986 to a million illegals and they promised us NEVER AGAIN. The government does not (and will not ever) tell the truth. We should wait for them to secure the borders like was promised in 86 before allowing this to occur again.