By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What is the biggest reason immigration anger's you? Why are we all so mad?

If Mexico were a functional nation, this wouldn't be an issue. Instead it's one of the most oppressive and unstable places in the Americas.

This is not as simple an issue as people make it sound, either. It's actually pretty hard to land a minimum wage job these days. The competition over ones that give promotion opportunities or have enough hours to actually make a living is unreal, and once healthcare comes into effect they practically won't exist.

It feels like illegals circumvent all the red tape because they *don't* have a concentation camp number.

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
RedInker said:
As long as they come to work then Im not bothered by immigration. With an aging population we need more workers. The UK could easily handle a population of 100 million with proper planning.

We would have to import so much more food if we had that many people. about 3/4 of the UK is used for farmland already. To have another 40 odd million people we would have to use a decent amount of that farmland for cities unless we started chopping down our remaining forests. Not like it's possible for many of them to go to Scotland, most of it is mountains or lakes. You are right that it is possible with proper planning but i think it would stretch our needs a bit in terms of food, water, energy and services and also put too much pressure on our land. 

I wonder if that's actually true.  Food scarcity is pretty much all logisitics.

For example, while the UK imports 40% of its food.   It makes 12 Billion pounds a year exporting.

I wouldn't be shocked if the UK could be self sufficent if people ate locally.

It definitly could if the EU called off it's witch hunt on superiorly made crops to hurt eastern and northern europeon agricultural economies.

PDF said:
I was talking to a Britt not to long ago and I was amazed at his disgust with the Muslim immigration in his country. He sounded more conservative than the US republican party. I didn't realize that other countries are facing similar immigration "problems"

To me its not a problem. I think its sad that people think it is but it comes down to tradition vs progress. People are afraid that they will lose their traditional culture if they continue to accept others. Just like always people are afraid of the unknown.

Here's the thing.   Americans believe in freedom of expression... if anything we're overly proud of it.   As such, your average American will shout something your average Europeon might only talk about to close friends.  When it comes to Xenophobia and Racism... there are a lot of Europeon countries that are actually a lot worse.

I mean hell.... look at how Italy treats their first Black Minister.  I mean shit.

'http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/28/world/europe/italy-politics-racism

It's not immigration I have an issue with, it's our own citizens (UK). Without decent immigrants, there are a lot of jobs that wouldn't get done. If UK citizens were happy to do what they might think are 'lesser' jobs, then in the case of immigration, it would go down once people realised there are no jobs there.

Hmm, pie.

As a mexican I would like to ask the mexican immigrants in the called United States... why do you do it? why do you leave such a beautiful country?

Around the Network

We decide who comes to our country and under the circumstances they arrive. The illegal immigrants are nothing more than queue jumping free loaders that bring crime, poverty and disease to our shores. Illegal immigrants without ID or papers should be rounded up and deported back to where they came from. The illegal immigrants rarely assimilate into the mainstream society. Immigrants that come legitimately with ID, money should be welcome with open arms.

I see a lot of people scared that the immigrants grow in numbers and then bringing their own thoughts and culture into the country and overdominates the standard.. Things like Sharia laws is what people are scared of..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Sharia law is undemocratic and takes away people's freedom and liberty. How dare a minority group try and enforce their evil, abhorrent, archaic belief system onto the majority of the citizens? You come to a foreign land you should obey the laws and not try and push your belief system that the majority oppose. Until they become citizens of their new adopted homeland, the immigrants are guests and they should obey the laws of the land they live under.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Until they become citizens of their new adopted homeland, the immigrants are guests and they should obey the laws of the land they live under.

Isn't that also a part of the scare.. that immigrants who become citizens and have voting power are going to vote for someone with their thoughts and believes.. slowly introducing sharia law into a country..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Immigration is the natural way of things in the US. The white Europeans overpopulated the natives and in turn ( and in time ) it seems they themselves will be surpassed by non-Europeans.
I believe this is what angers many Americans and is the major argument on white supremacy sites.

Fascism is on the rise in Europe and I think it will spread. Desperate people do desperate things. What I found funny is that some member of a European Right Wing group was talking on TV the other day and he said most of their groups do not even consider the US to be a white country anymore and will be "cut off" in their "New World Order".