By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What is the biggest reason immigration anger's you? Why are we all so mad?

this would be simple if the border was secured. too bad prez dingle berry's admin doesnt give a shit about it bc it means voters for them.

Around the Network
RedInker said:
the2real4mafol said:
RedInker said:
As long as they come to work then Im not bothered by immigration. With an aging population we need more workers. The UK could easily handle a population of 100 million with proper planning.

We would have to import so much more food if we had that many people. about 3/4 of the UK is used for farmland already. To have another 40 odd million people we would have to use a decent amount of that farmland for cities unless we started chopping down our remaining forests. Not like it's possible for many of them to go to Scotland, most of it is mountains or lakes. You are right that it is possible with proper planning but i think it would stretch our needs a bit in terms of food, water, energy and services and also put too much pressure on our land. 

We wouldn't need to build on that much more land to be honest. Currntly only 6.8 percent of UK land is built on. There is a load of brownfield sites that could be knocked down and redeveloped. Food wise we would import more but I would also imagine that people would be strongly encouraged to only buy food that they will actually eat. We are all guilty of buying a load of food and then throwing it out because we didn't eat it. Fruit and veg is usually what I end up throwing out. Japan has a population of over 100 million and doesnt have much land for farming, they have no problem feeding their citizens. Water shouldn't be a problem. As an Island if we build some desalinisation plants we won't ever be short of water.

I understand we could sustain that many people but would we want to? Overcrowding is a huge problem in Japan. And i agree food waste is a problem but this is true among much of the developed world unfortuantely. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

NiKKoM said:
I see a lot of people scared that the immigrants grow in numbers and then bringing their own thoughts and culture into the country and overdominates the standard.. Things like Sharia laws is what people are scared of..

Why single out Sharia law? that makes it sound like only Muslims immigrate. Every other race moves around too you know. For the UK, 350000 left the country last year while 515,000 came in. And they are a variety of ethnicities and races. 

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Unfortunately I think it's a dark part of human nature/evolution.

We're a tribal species by nature, you put a human in the wild and physically we're rather mediocre and would get eaten alive by many predators in the wild, so the successful humans were likely those who roamed in packs (tribes) and were loyal to the tribe.

But that create tribalism, and humans tend to feel threatened by other tribes, I think that evolutionary hardwiring still exists.

Granted we've made tremendous progress and our brains have evolved tremendously too, but it's very easy to fall into the traps of xenophobia, racism, "us versus them" type thinking.

the2real4mafol said:
NiKKoM said:
I see a lot of people scared that the immigrants grow in numbers and then bringing their own thoughts and culture into the country and overdominates the standard.. Things like Sharia laws is what people are scared of..

Why single out Sharia law? that makes it sound like only Muslims immigrate. Every other race moves around too you know. For the UK, 350000 left the country last year while 515,000 came in. And they are a variety of ethnicities and races. 

Cause its what the thread is asking? People aren't scared or anger cause the french bring their baquets with them or the chinese introducing peking duck... I'm  sure people in islamitic countries are scared that when people from the west immigrate they will try to bring their western thoughts and believes into the country..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
the2real4mafol said:
NiKKoM said:

Cause its what the thread is asking? People aren't scared or anger cause the french bring their baquets with them or the chinese introducing peking duck... I'm  sure people in islamitic countries are scared that when people from the west immigrate they will try to bring their western thoughts and believes into the country..

Yeah probably but i don't understand it. We are all human at the end of the day... 

Because people come to Canada, and instead of trying to fit in with our society, we change society to accomodate their beliefs and traditions. We spend too much money helping them get settled, when in my opinion, if they want to come here they should already know English (or French if they're headed to Quebec) and have enough money to get started on their own. If they can't accomplish these simple things then they shouldn't be allowed in.

Immigration should anger no one. illegal immigration should anger everyone.

That said why is it that we see Mexican's on the corner selling fruit or flowers or some other thing or who will actually work for food/money while we see white people on the corner holding signs asking for money or food? I happen to be white myself and this bugs me to no end.

Just my two cents there but...

If you come here illegally you have broken the law and have taken the place of someone who has tried to get here the right way which is via the immigration system. Say what you want about how inefficient it is bypassing it ruins it for those who do it the right way. Be you Mexican, Canadian, Asian, Columbian, European etc. etc. etc. you have no right to be here illegally.

Mexican's just happen to get the brunt of it due to the massive numbers of them who take advantage of our porous borders. I mean seriously why is it that people think it is the United States' responsibility to harbor the disadvantaged of Mexico? The rich and powerful there benefit from the flight of those who otherwise are a drain on their own resources.

I'm not saying every person coming in from Mexico illegally is a dredge or lazy any more than I am saying those who come legally are all model citizens but it is a measurable standard by which we can gauge a person's benefit to our own society. Not to mention many who are fleeing Mexico bring many of the problems associated with Mexico like crime and drugs.

And as we had to do in the 80's we now have to decide whether our sovereignty is still important and what to do with millions of people who have broken our laws and what to do with them... The children they brought with them and the roots they have laid down.

Also, the politics involved are meant to take advantage of the admittedly precarious position these people are in as NO ONE votes against themselves. These people don't want to be shipped back to Mexico and we can ALL appreciate why. But do they want to be Americans or Mexicans who simply occupy America? If you are going to come here at least learn to integrate and leave what you were trying to escape from back where you came from.

It's a hard issue to tackle and I think it won't be fixed any time soon if ever.

MDMAlliance said:
No form of immigration angers me. Not even when they "don't contribute anything." My parents are (legal) immigrants. What angers me is intolerance for immigrants.

You don't mind when people just sit around and do nothing but expect everything? Or not even that; people just blatantly breaking the clearly stated law? Why would you say that? How are either of these things okay?

I'm completely perfectly fine with (legal) immigration. When you come into any country legally and literally work for it, you deserve respect and to be apart of the society, if you want to. People should allow you to come in, not push you away.

But, when you "hop the border" you are doing something illegal. If you really want to be apart of our, or any, country do it the right way. And make sure you don't sit on your butt and expect, expect, expect.

NintendoPie said:
MDMAlliance said:
No form of immigration angers me. Not even when they "don't contribute anything." My parents are (legal) immigrants. What angers me is intolerance for immigrants.

You don't mind when people just sit around and do nothing but expect everything? Or not even that; people just blatantly breaking the clearly stated law? Why would you say that? How are either of these things okay?

I'm completely perfectly fine with (legal) immigration. When you come into any country legally and literally work for it, you deserve respect and to be apart of the society, if you want to. People should allow you to come in, not push you away.

But, when you "hop the border" you are doing something illegal. If you really want to be apart of our, or any, country do it the right way. And make sure you don't sit on your butt and expect, expect, expect.

Let's say that what bothers me isn't that they're an immigrant and "don't contribute."  It would simply be the "not contributing" part alone.  There are people who were born here that contribute nothing.  I don't think being an immigrant should be a reason to discriminate.  Some people say about how our money and hardwork pays for these people, or that they need to earn their right to live here... but I think it shouldn't be thought about that way.  

Who really has the right to say that you can or can't live somewhere?  We may claim ownership of land, but the way we even gained this "authority" was through dirty means.  People who "don't contribute" to society tend to not have all the benefits a full legal citizen has anyway.  

I also don't think most people who are here illegally just sit around and do nothing.  That's not how you survive in this country.  Where would you get the means to survive as an illegal immigrant?  Most of them don't have connections to the place they go to.  There are also a lot of complications when trying to do things the "right" way.  What constitutes the "right" way is a flawed set of rules in the first place.  The "right" way can change.  

Ironically, this country (USA) was formed from NOT abiding to every single law.  The people have, or is supposed to have, some influence on what becomes law.  I'm not saying everyone has to agree with me, but I think I'm making it pretty clear that just being an immigrant doesn't bother me or make me upset.  There are a lot of reasons why things are the way they are.  I would say it's much more likely you'll see people who aren't immigrants sitting on their butts than the immigrants.  Think about how much effort it takes some of these people to even get here.  Some of them may not do much, but I'm willing to bet that most of them try hard to do what they can.