By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiimote Batteries: Suggestions?

So, the stock batteries for my Wiimote are dying. How should I replace these? What makes the most sense?

Rechargeables

Wii Charge Station

All suggestions welcome. 

Around the Network

That Nyko Wii Station is what I got. Worked well for almsot a year now. Good quality.

Rechargeables make the most sense because you can use them for everything, not just wiimotes.

And really, is there a logical reason to have throw away batteries when rechargeables are available? I'm still hoping the non-rechargreable will eventually be banned.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Rechargeables ftw

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I have  rechargable batteries, its works fine and its cheaper then the wii charge station

Around the Network

regular duracell batteries will work fine
however, rechargeable batteries may be cheaper in the long-run

Yeah, with the Wiimotes, chargeable batteries aren't really an option, they're a necessity

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Charge station is good, that's what my household got.

Yeah, I have like 12 rechargable AA batteries...so I can have batteries in my Wiimotes all the time plus spares for those long gaming parties.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Nyko Station has worked well for me. Charges two wii-motes, and it keeps a long charge. I have never had to switch out remotes, not even during long gaming sessions.