By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiimote Batteries: Suggestions?

I just use regular batteries. They last a long time (considering I rarely play my Wii ...)

Around the Network

Nyko charge station is great. Great price also.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

stof said:
Rechargeables make the most sense because you can use them for everything, not just wiimotes.

And really, is there a logical reason to have throw away batteries when rechargeables are available? I'm still hoping the non-rechargreable will eventually be banned.

Rechargable batteries have a self discharge which means they end up needing to be recharged even if they are not put to use. While it varies between battery and capacity, after about a month and a half, most NiMH batteries will be at around 50-60% charge and after 3 months, would pretty much need to be recharged completely. This makes them unsuitable for low powered devices, in particular things like smoke alarms, but also a nuisance for devices like clocks and remotes which only need their batteries changed very infrequently (in some cases, years).

Steve 3.2 said:
I like the new Rayovac Hybrid NiMH rechargeables since they are generally a little cheaper than the bigger 'name' brands and they hold their charge when not in use (versus traditional NiMHs which slowly discharge over time). And as mentioned above, you can use the batteries in any device that required AA batteries. I almost exclusively use rechargables batteries for all my devices -- including my Wiimotes.

(P.S. If you want to be really cheap - like me - bring the charger into work and charge your batteries there! ;) )

What he said.  Plus, they have a full charge when you buy them....that's why thy're called hybrids.

Good call on taking the charger to work....perfect solution. 

super_etecoon said:
Steve 3.2 said:
I like the new Rayovac Hybrid NiMH rechargeables since they are generally a little cheaper than the bigger 'name' brands and they hold their charge when not in use (versus traditional NiMHs which slowly discharge over time). And as mentioned above, you can use the batteries in any device that required AA batteries. I almost exclusively use rechargables batteries for all my devices -- including my Wiimotes.

(P.S. If you want to be really cheap - like me - bring the charger into work and charge your batteries there! ;) )

What he said. Plus, they have a full charge when you buy them....that's why thy're called hybrids.

Good call on taking the charger to work....perfect solution.

Me thinks we may have a winner. I like the sound of these Hybrid batteries.