By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiimote Batteries: Suggestions?

I've got the Energizer rechargable 2500mAh batteries. I picked 4 of them up on sale with the charger for $10, they last a while in the remotes and also keep a decent charge when they're just laying around (although, I usually just let them trickle charge in the charger when I'm not using them). I'm pretty happy with them.

I would have gotten a Nyko Station, but I've got some silicon protectors on my Wiimotes, so that's not an option.

Around the Network

I bought 36 AA batteries for $5.

Its probably cheaper to keep on buying those for years than to buy rechargables.

Get the Nyko Charge station, I saw it for $25 somewhere on sale, and if you need more than 2 battery packs you can buy extras for $10 each. Had mine for 6 months and it still works fine.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

stof said:
Rechargeables make the most sense because you can use them for everything, not just wiimotes.

And really, is there a logical reason to have throw away batteries when rechargeables are available? I'm still hoping the non-rechargreable will eventually be banned.

Maybe we should start a petition to get them band here on VGC

Rechargable is the best way with out doubt.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Four rechargable batteries
while you are playing 2 are recharging ^^

Around the Network

ironic, using sony products on nintendo systems

The nyko charge station is great.

I have both battery packs in my 2 wiimotes and my 3rd wiimote (in the wii guitar) runs on rechargable AA's. It's a good system.

Or, what you can do is take the batteries out of the wiimotes after you use them. Believe it or not, they consume power while they're "off". =]

The BuShA owns all!

I have rechargeables but they still drain like crazy. I don't really know if there is a great solution. There are workable solutions, better solutions, and maybe even a best solution, but they all suck in the end.

I like the new Rayovac Hybrid NiMH rechargeables since they are generally a little cheaper than the bigger 'name' brands and they hold their charge when not in use (versus traditional NiMHs which slowly discharge over time). And as mentioned above, you can use the batteries in any device that required AA batteries. I almost exclusively use rechargables batteries for all my devices -- including my Wiimotes.

(P.S. If you want to be really cheap - like me - bring the charger into work and charge your batteries there! ;) )

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer