By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
You're all relics of an era gone by.

We're too old and out of touch to understand Lucas' genius. 

Hence you quibble over this shit and whether or not Nintendo's an earnest company and decide to shit on them and the rest of the indutsry and argue and argue and argue because you lack gumption in your gut.

Nintendo's nothing but sugar and teddie bears.

None of ye are living. WHERE IS THE SPIRIT OF LIFE?

We should drink more spirits! 

Whats demuring Nintendo and the like gonna get you? Jack shit.

We need to stop bullying Nintendo.

Sony's a Shit company who wants to make you feel with their fucking technologaaaeeeee,Microsofts a big shit of company who wants to own everything and Nintendo's that weird little company that nobody gets that sits in the mines and drills all day to find the crust of their cream.

Sony sucks, Microsoft sucks more. Nintendo is just misunderstood.

fix your priorities people.

Nintendo > Lucas > Jesus > Ouya > Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony and MS

How'd I do?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Ohh.. someone had a massive meltdown in this thread while I was away.

Retagging for entertainment purposes.

Could this thread replace the UNITY one? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=175899&page=35

It has 34 pages already in just 2 days! Who knows how big it could get!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

@Dr.EisDrachenJaeger

A) You have no idea what 'demuring' means.

B) People aren't maligning Nintendo by saying it's not going to be the market leader this gen. Not at all. I love Nintendo. That said, they are already almost passed in console installbase after a month and a half despite a year's head start.

C) Your use of language lacks clarity. It takes more than just a willingness to go out on a verbal limb to pull off what you are trying to pull off, stylistically. 

Shit post of the Day goes to....Dr.EisDrachenjaeger

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Could this thread replace the UNITY one? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=175899&page=35

It has 34 pages already in just 2 days! Who knows how big it could get!

Since  JL is  busy doing whatever  he is doing  to even care about this thread, that one has potential to become bigger than this one.. Poor  JL..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Anfebious said:

I do agree that it was dumb to release the console so hastily. But maybe this article can help understand why they did it: http://www.dromble.com/2014/01/07/dolphin-tale-story-of-gamecube/

I always thought it's just tactics from Nintendo when they say, we don't compete with Sony and Microsoft, we are in a different market segment. I mean, of course Nintendo prefers if they are also market leader by pure sales numbers and they would love to have those NES days back but ultimately, most important for Nintendo is to have a sustainable business.

I always thought, it's just PR talks but after reading this article, I'm convinced now that Nintendo is really only focusing on themselves, to have a sustainable business. Sales numbers mean nothing if the profit is swallowed by multi-million marketing campaigns, gargantuan development costs, an expensive internet-network and a business model which is too short-term. Ultimately, Nintendo doesn't care if they only rank 3rd (in sales numbers) as long as they have a sustainable and successful business.

Fight-the-Streets said:
Anfebious said:

I do agree that it was dumb to release the console so hastily. But maybe this article can help understand why they did it: http://www.dromble.com/2014/01/07/dolphin-tale-story-of-gamecube/

I always thought it's just tactics from Nintendo when they say, we don't compete with Sony and Microsoft, we are in a different market segment. I mean, of course Nintendo prefers if they are also market leader by pure sales numbers and they would love to have those NES days back but ultimately, most important for Nintendo is to have a sustainable business.

I always thought, it's just PR talks but after reading this article, I'm convinced now that Nintendo is really only focusing on themselves, to have a sustainable business. Sales numbers mean nothing if the profit is swallowed by multi-million marketing campaigns, gargantuan development costs, an expensive internet-network and a business model which is too short-term. Ultimately, Nintendo doesn't care if they only rank 3rd (in sales numbers) as long as they have a sustainable and successful business.

Nintendo do things their way. That's always been the case. Sometimes it flies high as with the wii or it can crash and burn as with the GameCube. That's the risk they take by taking this path.

I do agree that massive amounts of revenue are eaten up by developement and marketing etc,. The amount of MS Xbone ads you get on British TV across pretty much all channels all day can probably pay off third-world debt. People love to count the money coming in and forget the enormous expenses going out.

Another factor is the guy from Capcom stating the developement is 10x more work on Xbone and PS4. If this is true that's 10x more work for less gain. How all this pans out is going to be very interesting and there are plenty of articles pointing to this as a real problem within the industry going forward.

Nintendo (I think) tries to avoid a lot of these hurdles by keeping the hardware relatively low power and not building massive network systems like the current buzz word, "cloud" servers.

However, consumers really don't care about such things. They just want the games at a reasonable price and to hell with with what happens behind the scenes. There is nothing wrong with that.

Ultimately how well a console sells is the defining factor of it's success. As it stands the wii u is not even close to being sustainable. On the other hand it doesn't need to sell as well as the others do to turn profit.

As you pointed out when you compare the massive cost of developing games plus the infrastructure to support these games, these consoles need to sell a whole lot more hardware and software than the wii u to be sustainable, even with the help of subscription fee's.

The wii u can survive with a poor 30m lifetime sales. The others probably would need twice that.

So, I've been obeying master Lucas' orders and kept my eyes on Japan. Surprisingly, the Wii U's sales are plummeting dangerously quickly in the one major territory where it still has no competition, where Wii Fit U has been out the longest, Wii Party U has sold decently and where JL said the "revolution" would start.
When will people learn not to make bold predictions based on incomplete data? So many people seeing uncontested holiday numbers that weren't even that high to begin with and jumping up and down claiming a great turn-around and massive, inbound momentum, now made to look like fools yet again.

Wii U down about 33% yoy in Japan for the week (selling about 14k), I'll still "keep my eyes on Japan" though, in anticipation of imminent greatness.

I just don't understand it at all. Maybe Donkey Kong will fix it, surely it will.
As per standard procedure though; none of this probably matters, the case is still strong and the Wii U will start "outselling the competition HANDILY" any day now and stay there for the entire generation.
For my part; I'm seeing more and more proof for my theroies every week so I don't need to do an extended write-up on the current situation since I already accounted for it in all my past posts.
I can just lean back and watch the numbers roll in. Which is good, cause I'm going away for almost a week!

I really hope that Lucas didn't honestly believe WiiU would still pull holiday numbers in January. According to Lucas, the turnaround had already begun in Japan with Wii Party U. BUT the system dropped like a rock to 14k this week, probably going to stabilize under 10k soon. All of the WiiU's momentum is gone in Japan. And the hilarious part is that the WiiU has the next gen market all to itself, the PS4 hasn't even launched there yet.

Not sure how Lucas is going to defend this one. He assured everyone that the revolution has already begun in Japan and now look at it. Maybe now people will stop worshipping a guy who's had ONE correct prediction, and like fifty failed ones. Lucas probably predicts every single Nintendo system will dominate the market, of course he got lucky once. Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!