By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Fusioncode said:
I really hope that Lucas didn't honestly believe WiiU would still pull holiday numbers in January. According to Lucas, the turnaround had already begun in Japan with Wii Party U. BUT the system dropped like a rock to 14k this week, probably going to stabilize under 10k soon. All of the WiiU's momentum is gone in Japan. And the hilarious part is that the WiiU has the next gen market all to itself, the PS4 hasn't even launched there yet.

Not sure how Lucas is going to defend this one. He assured everyone that the revolution has already begun in Japan and now look at it. Maybe now people will stop worshipping a guy who's had ONE correct prediction, and like fifty failed ones. Lucas probably predicts every single Nintendo system will dominate the market, of course he got lucky once. Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Where are the 500M for the Wii?

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Around the Network
Zod95 said:
Fusioncode said:
I really hope that Lucas didn't honestly believe WiiU would still pull holiday numbers in January. According to Lucas, the turnaround had already begun in Japan with Wii Party U. BUT the system dropped like a rock to 14k this week, probably going to stabilize under 10k soon. All of the WiiU's momentum is gone in Japan. And the hilarious part is that the WiiU has the next gen market all to itself, the PS4 hasn't even launched there yet.

Not sure how Lucas is going to defend this one. He assured everyone that the revolution has already begun in Japan and now look at it. Maybe now people will stop worshipping a guy who's had ONE correct prediction, and like fifty failed ones. Lucas probably predicts every single Nintendo system will dominate the market, of course he got lucky once. Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Where are the 500M for the Wii?

I was talking about his original Wii will pass 360 in 2007 prediction. Of course he got the 240-500m prediction wrong, oh wait no he didn't get it wrong, Nintendo simply chose to postpone the revolution. Because the Wii didn't go from 17m to 11m in 2011. No that didn't happen, it wasn't like the Wii was just a shiny new toy that everyone quickly abandoned once a slightly shinier toy showed up. Because Nintendo wasn't catering to a market that ditched it at the first oppurtunity. It wasn't like Sony and MS actually built a core fanbase with the PS3/360 that would follow them to the next gen. All those 90 year olds who owned the Wii were just begging for a next gen upgrade. Thanks Lucas for opening all of our eyes to Nintendo's genius. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Wii U is tumbling down in Japan. Where is your input, Lord Lucas? My faith is shaken. Help me indulge in more delusions. Help me. Help the Wii U.

JL is GONE, just like we all predicted. We all said he would run away once the numbers came in and we were proven right.

Didn't expect WiiU to tumble in Japan quite so hard, 14k is not good, it means the baseline will be sub 10k again.

Yeah, I am definitely a Wii U owner and I'm not pleased about the really low sales. I mean, I realized very quickly it was an unpopular console, and had accepted that. But I didn't expect it to do -sooooooooo- badly. They should seriously eat the loss and do a huge price cut on it because I think the holiday sales numbers were in part driven by the fact that there were things like $199 Skylanders bundles and things like that. They're already going to take a soaking this gen on the console side of the business, might as well get an install base out there.

Around the Network
Seece said:
JL is GONE, just like we all predicted. We all said he would run away once the numbers came in and we were proven right.

Didn't expect WiiU to tumble in Japan quite so hard, 14k is not good, it means the baseline will be sub 10k again.

I figured it would do around 25k, and slowly drop to 10k after a few weeks. Going down this quickly is not a good sign considering it was at 20k the same time last year. Now it's cheaper, has a much stronger library, and is being heavily bundled. None of that improved sales aside from the standard holiday boost. 

I'm not sure why Lucas feels the need to make every single one of his posts the size of a freaking novel. Can't he pop in here and write a few sentences about the numbers? Even his diehard supporters are getting tired of his absence as most of them have disappeared from this thread, only the detractors remain. 

Fusioncode said:
Seece said:

I figured it would do around 25k, and slowly drop to 10k after a few weeks. Going down this quickly is not a good sign considering it was at 20k the same time last year. Now it's cheaper, has a much stronger library, and is being heavily bundled. None of that improved sales aside from the standard holiday boost. 

I'm not sure why Lucas feels the need to make every single one of his posts the size of a freaking novel. Can't he pop in here and write a few sentences about the numbers? Even his diehard supporters are getting tired of his absence as most of them have disappeared from this thread, only the detractors remain. 

I thought even 30k was possible, 14k really does show it was an artificial bump. JL genuinely did not expect this, so when he was telling us he wouldn't leave the site that was because he was sure WiiU was going to win. Now more than ever that's not the case it's scared him away!!

IF DK wasn't out this Q, overall it'd be down YOY, not the start certain people were hoping for to 2014. It's possible WiiU will still be below 6m by E3.

Seece said:
Fusioncode said:
Seece said:

I thought even 30k was possible, 14k really does show it was an artificial bump. JL genuinely did not expect this, so when he was telling us he wouldn't leave the site that was because he was sure WiiU was going to win. Now more than ever that's not the case it's scared him away!!

IF DK wasn't out this Q, overall it'd be down YOY, not the start certain people were hoping for to 2014. It's possible WiiU will still be below 6m by E3.

I wish I could find the post, but Lucas was 100% sure that the big turnaround had already begun in Japan over the holidays. I really don't want to dig through this thread and his massive walls of texts. I really don't see what Lucas can even say at this point, even his most fanatical supporters have to be questioning him now. No way can they still believe WiiU will be market leader this gen. 

Fusioncode said:
Seece said:

I wish I could find the post, but Lucas was 100% sure that the big turnaround had already begun in Japan over the holidays. I really don't want to dig through this thread and his massive walls of texts. I really don't see what Lucas can even say at this point, even his most fanatical supporters have to be questioning him now. No way can they still believe WiiU will be market leader this gen. 

ctrl+f is your friend :P

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5897743
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5847034
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5890906
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5890962

And a little DV8 nugget - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5933875

Seece said:
Fusioncode said:
Seece said:

ctrl+f is your friend :P

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5897743
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5847034
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5890906
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5890962

And a little DV8 nugget - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5933875

johnlucas said:

Keep your eye on Japan. It has already broken free from the 7th gen shadow by consistently & greatly outselling the PS3.

And yet the PS3 has outsold the WiiU this week. All without a single major release. Interesting.