By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo please let Platinum make a Starfox game.....PLEASE!!!!!!!

DanneSandin said:
Cubedramirez said:
DanneSandin said:
I can't see why Platinum would be better qualified than any other frankly. What game have they made that is similar to star fox? Nintendo fans only like 'em now because they have 2 Wii U games coming up.

Madworld was amazing. I am huge fan of Bayonetta on the 360. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance was contained insaneity and maddness mixed in with cocain.

That's why we want them. Because they making exciting and fun games. 

But the question is if they can make a star fox game, and I havent seen any evidence to support that. Like some one else said before me I think theyre better off making Kid Icarus or Metroid. Under Nintendo supervision.

I stated in an earlier post that I believed F-Zero and Metroid would be ideal games to be outsourced to them, so no disagreement there. You say that Nintendo fans only like them because they have two titles coming to the Wii U and I am just stating that fans of gaming in general love them because of the games they've released already and I provided examples. Starfox would be best developed by the original team who did Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron 2. They would have to adopt a faster style but what they did in terms of presentation was epic and I'd love to see a Starfox game on that scale. 

Around the Network

There are worse choices for sure, so why not I guess. I'd like to still have EAD involved in overseeing development though.

I know I said I quit forums, but this is important to me.

Let Platinum do it.

Platinum is known for making really high quality, but generally short to medium length games. Most of the time, while they are rated well, they don't usually sell over 1 million (Bayonetta being the exception). If Platinum Games made a Starfox game, I don't think anyone here doubts that it would be amazing.

The question is, is it worth it? Well I think it is, a Platinum Games Star Fox would likely sell better then most of the recent Star Fox games, and could even push 2 million units (which is more then Adventures). Now this might not be much for Nintendo, but this is a lot for Platinum Games. This will

• Benefit Platinum Games since it will sell better then most of their games
  • Push the WiiU graphically, increasing interest
  • Push sales because Starfox will attract some gamers
  • Push sales because it's another exclusive
  • Benefit Nintendo because they will make money off Royalties, and be able to use their staff on other projects.
Metroid Prime pushed Gamecube system when Retro Studios took over, Platinum Studios could do the same for Star Fox. If not Starfox, have them work on F-Zero or.....Kirby.......

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

UncleScrooge said:
attaboy said:
UncleScrooge said:
Lol funny how people judge Starfox by game length Starfox had *replay value* people! You can take different routes, see alternative endings, meet various supporting characters, play on higher difficulty, etc. Super Mario Bros. 3 can be finished in 3 hours as well!

I'd love to see a new Starfox! Just give it great local multiplayer and some (co-op) mission modes and I'm in.

Starfox had like three different routes you could take and the alternative endings were virtually the same ending!  And it doens't even have a difficulty select option!  The difficulty depended on which route through the planets you took! 

Don't get me wrong.  I loved Starfox and its sequels and  I still do.  For the most part, Starfox was Thunder Force, Gradius, etc. with a behind the ship perspective instead of side scrolling.  After the endings, the only incentive to replay was going for high scores.

Yeah but it's a highscore game by nature. That doesn't make it obsolete. And Starfox 64 had many different routes - part of the fun was to play through the game in new ways (like going from blue to read, back to yellow, finding secret warp zones, earning medals, beating Starwolf - or not and watch them come for you later, etc.) Oh and there was a hard mode in the game. 

I see where you are coming from. But I think they can work around this: Give it more levels, different endings, different airwing models, a mission mode, co-op stuff, local and online multiplayer, online leader boards,... there's lots of ways to enhance the content I think.

Agreed. I don't understand why everyone is being so simpleminded about a game series that hasn't had a new release in two console generations, THREE if you rightfully want to forget the abominations of Adventures, Assault and Command. Stop looking at a freaking N64 game from 1996 and talking about how it damn short it is in 2013, and use your imagination.

What if we're finally allowed to play as the other pilots, and they each have their own stats? Fox would be the jack of all stats, Falco would be the lightning bruiser, Krystal would be the fragile speedster, Slippy would just plain suck statwise but have other advantages like being able to dial in R.O.B. for an airstrike from above the atmosphere or analyze weak points for massive damage or something. And like I said in an earlier post, new types of missiles, lasers, boosters, shields and mines. And even a version of the story from Star Wolf's POV where you can play as Wolf.

A203D said:
attaboy said:
A203D said:
While I think Platinum Games would do a good job on Star Fox, it dosen't seem logical in my opinion.

Why would Nintendo allow a third party developer to work on a first party game? Nintendo will probably be able to make a Star Fox game cheaper and faster with the experts who've made all the previous games.

Not to mention Platinum Games can make their own game with a similar style to Star Fox, yet it can be a different IP; which I feel would accomplish the same goal, and that IP would belong to Platinum Games, not Nintendo.

Namco and Sega worked on first party games..... Remember Starfox Assault or F-Zero GX?  Capcom even made several portable Zelda games, including the amazing Minish Cap.

Just saying.

Ahh I see, I wasn't aware of those titles. I suppose there is a possibility Platinum Games could do it.

Plus Retro Studios makes Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country Return games, plus they helped with Mario Kart 7. Rare made all of the original Donkey Kong Country/64 games, and Rare made Starfox Assault. Ninja Theory made Metroid: Other M, Namco is currently co-developing Smash Bros. 4, CAPCOM made Oracle of Ages/Seasons as well, and let's not forget that Game Freak is not a 1st party company and they are responsible for all the major Pokemon games.

A lot of Nintendo games were not developed by Nintendo.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

It they made another Star Fox game for the Wii U I think it would have to be more of a free roaming space combat simulation instead of being like their past games which used a on rail shooter style of game play. It would certainty need a very extensive online gaming component to add re-playability to otherwise a short gaming experience.

I think this should happen...
Or give the game to Treasure if they aren't interested in another Sin & Punishment...
Give F-Zero back to Sega too...
I'm really curious to see what games will be announced at E3 next year or in future ND's with major titles like Pikmin, Donkey Kong, and Mario out of the way...
Nintendo better not disappoint...

Have a nice day...