By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo please let Platinum make a Starfox game.....PLEASE!!!!!!!

BossPuma said:
Wright said:

No, thanks. I don't want my Starfox with a lenght of three hours.

Starfox 64 could be finished in that time ....

Guess I have a different memory from when I played it as a kid xD

Around the Network
attaboy said:
Would Starfox work in this day and age? I mean, look at the time when Starfox was at its best. It was basically an on rails shooter with scripted events. The game was also very short. You could finish the entire campaign in one setting. Would gamers be willing to pay money for a similar experience now? Every attempt to change things up and expand has failed. I have fond memories of the N64 and Snes titles. Hell, I have fond memories of Starfox Adventures and not so fond memories of Starfox Assault. I don't think it can be done.

Bring back Wave Race instead!

Agree that star fox is outdated. Only nostalgia is what the most voiced people want. What msot don't realise is that msot the star fox fans moved onto xbox and playstation. In order for star fox to suceed in a modern world it needs to evolve and take the best elements of n64 and star fox adventures (even though people think that this isn't a real star fox because it wasn't onrails shooter lol).

Throw in some freedom like freelancer had on PC and add a deap story element to it and I think you could evolved star fox well.

They basically need to attract a new audience to expand the franchise. The old fans who still own a Nintendo console or plan to own one, will buy it anyway unless its garbage game like assault.

Wright said:
BossPuma said:
Wright said:

Starfox 64 could be finished in that time ....

Guess I have a different memory from when I played it as a kid xD

tsk tsk tsk, you forgot people will argue there is multuple paths to get to the end, so you MUST play it several times to do it all lol. But in all honestly if you just want to get to the end it can be done in like 1.5hours or so.

Wright said:

Starfox was never known for its game length. I'm pretty sure you could be the first one on SNES in under an hour, and the n64 version was maybe 2 hours max

attaboy: I'm hoping they can evolve the franchise, Assault (in my opinion) was the right step, both the story and on foot gameplay was weak. I think Platinum could improve those aspect.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

Nintendo: No.

Platinum certainly does great work. I'd love to see Nintendo publish another couple projects by them now, which could be Starfox or any other title.

Yes. And then have Sega do F-Zero, please.

And I'll take Endless Ocean 3 then, yes.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

How would Starfox superfans feel if the franchise burst off the rails into a full-out spaceflight game?

A tilt controlled spaceflight game on the Wii U's tablet would be ah may zing!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

attaboy said:
Would Starfox work in this day and age? I mean, look at the time when Starfox was at its best. It was basically an on rails shooter with scripted events. The game was also very short. You could finish the entire campaign in one setting. Would gamers be willing to pay money for a similar experience now? Every attempt to change things up and expand has failed. I have fond memories of the N64 and Snes titles. Hell, I have fond memories of Starfox Adventures and not so fond memories of Starfox Assault. I don't think it can be done.

Bring back Wave Race instead!

Doesn't seem to hurt games like the Call of Duty, Uncharted and others, most of those games have single player campaigns that are built around scripted events/missions with the occassional deviation.

The only difference is that with Star Fox, the action will/should be more vehicle focus. You can also throw in new play elements like being able to order squad mates to perform certain actions on the screen along with the normal Star Fox 64 type chatter. Not to mention, unless Nintendo is stupid, they should know that adding in a Battle mode similar to the one on the N64 with online capabilities and different maps will draw players or extend the game's playability. Don't know if Platinum would be the right studio but if Nintendo was serious about getting the series back to where it was with the first few installments they would realize that they don't have to completely change the franchise's foundations of Star Fox and Star Fox 64 it is just as simple as building something on top of it.

Heck, I'm sure most Star Fox fans would be fine with a low priced eShop title that total single player was just 2.5 hours with a online multiplayer mode.