By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo please let Platinum make a Starfox game.....PLEASE!!!!!!!

I like the sound of that.

Around the Network

100% agreed. And they need to start making that game NOW.

As long as it's not Namco, you won't see me complaining...

Have a nice day...

I'm all for it, bein dying for another real Star Fox game.

Petition anyone? 

Around the Network
NoirSon said:
attaboy said:
Would Starfox work in this day and age? I mean, look at the time when Starfox was at its best. It was basically an on rails shooter with scripted events. The game was also very short. You could finish the entire campaign in one setting. Would gamers be willing to pay money for a similar experience now? Every attempt to change things up and expand has failed. I have fond memories of the N64 and Snes titles. Hell, I have fond memories of Starfox Adventures and not so fond memories of Starfox Assault. I don't think it can be done.

Bring back Wave Race instead!

Doesn't seem to hurt games like the Call of Duty, Uncharted and others, most of those games have single player campaigns that are built around scripted events/missions with the occassional deviation.

The only difference is that with Star Fox, the action will/should be more vehicle focus. You can also throw in new play elements like being able to order squad mates to perform certain actions on the screen along with the normal Star Fox 64 type chatter. Not to mention, unless Nintendo is stupid, they should know that adding in a Battle mode similar to the one on the N64 with online capabilities and different maps will draw players or extend the game's playability. Don't know if Platinum would be the right studio but if Nintendo was serious about getting the series back to where it was with the first few installments they would realize that they don't have to completely change the franchise's foundations of Star Fox and Star Fox 64 it is just as simple as building something on top of it.

Heck, I'm sure most Star Fox fans would be fine with a low priced eShop title that total single player was just 2.5 hours with a online multiplayer mode.

I remember when Starfox came out.  I thought it was the greatest thing ever because of the new technology being thrown in my face.  No other game that I was aware of at the time had that kind of 3D presentation.  I remember when Starfox 64 came out (I got it again on 3DS, too).  Again, the first game I'd played with a rumble Pak and so much voice over.  It was breaking new ground.  It wasn't the flying or the awesome characters that made Starfox awesome.  Replaying Starfox 64 on the 3DS showed me just how limited that game really was.  I just don't see a retail Starfox being able to do this, anymore unless it introduces some kind of new breakthrough technology to showcase.

attaboy said:
NoirSon said:
attaboy said:
Would Starfox work in this day and age? I mean, look at the time when Starfox was at its best. It was basically an on rails shooter with scripted events. The game was also very short. You could finish the entire campaign in one setting. Would gamers be willing to pay money for a similar experience now? Every attempt to change things up and expand has failed. I have fond memories of the N64 and Snes titles. Hell, I have fond memories of Starfox Adventures and not so fond memories of Starfox Assault. I don't think it can be done.

Doesn't seem to hurt games like the Call of Duty, Uncharted and others, most of those games have single player campaigns that are built around scripted events/missions with the occassional deviation.

The only difference is that with Star Fox, the action will/should be more vehicle focus. You can also throw in new play elements like being able to order squad mates to perform certain actions on the screen along with the normal Star Fox 64 type chatter. Not to mention, unless Nintendo is stupid, they should know that adding in a Battle mode similar to the one on the N64 with online capabilities and different maps will draw players or extend the game's playability. Don't know if Platinum would be the right studio but if Nintendo was serious about getting the series back to where it was with the first few installments they would realize that they don't have to completely change the franchise's foundations of Star Fox and Star Fox 64 it is just as simple as building something on top of it.

Heck, I'm sure most Star Fox fans would be fine with a low priced eShop title that total single player was just 2.5 hours with a online multiplayer mode.

I remember when Starfox came out.  I thought it was the greatest thing ever because of the new technology being thrown in my face.  No other game that I was aware of at the time had that kind of 3D presentation.  I remember when Starfox 64 came out (I got it again on 3DS, too).  Again, the first game I'd played with a rumble Pak and so much voice over.  It was breaking new ground.  It wasn't the flying or the awesome characters that made Starfox awesome.  Replaying Starfox 64 on the 3DS showed me just how limited that game really was.  I just don't see a retail Starfox being able to do this, anymore unless it introduces some kind of new breakthrough technology to showcase.

On rails is limited in that once you've gone through the set pieces several times, it loses its luster. But the fact is several games from the recent Tomb Raider, Last of Us, Call of Duty games and especially several mobile/indie games are based on pushing the player forward in a similar way as Star Fox's on rail missions. The main thing now however that the previous games now lack is the excitement of things happening around the player. A modern Star Fox game will require missions in which they fly through massive interactive levels such as crumbling cities or other destructable environments, epic boss fights and action sequence set pieces that catch players off guard but are still fun when they occur like different Landmaster missions, flying chases and stuff like that to survive or compete with more recent games.

I get for some this type of game play you can grow out of but the truth is that wasn't just cutting edge technology that may the previous Star Fox games classics. People want action, variety and somethings that several recent Star Fox games lacked in the name of trying to do something different... fun and excitement.

NoirSon said:
attaboy said:

eShop would be awesome. Starfox64 barely lasted 4hrs anyways, so a 3h Starfox for 15-20€ would make me really happy :)

KHlover said:
NoirSon said:
attaboy said:

eShop would be awesome. Starfox64 barely lasted 4hrs anyways, so a 3h Starfox for 15-20€ would make me really happy :)

My thoughts exactly. I don't know how well a full retail Starfox would do nowadays but as an eShop title, it would be a no brainer to buy!

Unless they went all out on a huge adventure type game with both air/space battles and ground combat (think Starfox Adventures but with a much larger focus on flying and less on collecting bullshit items like "bafomdads"), I honestly think the best route for this franchise is as a PSN/XBL style throwback to the SNES/N64 originals.

An all new game for the 3DS that doesn't suck like Command did would be welcome as well.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.