By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft committed to supporting Xbox 360 with new content, Will support the ageing platform for "years".

Nsanity said:
This thread went downhill fast...

happens when the words don't tell the same story as the actions..

Around the Network
iceland said:
Why does Sony get credit for 3rd party games that are only exclusive because it isn't financially viable to port over to the 360? Tales of Xillia, Ni no kuni, Disgaea, etc. have nothing to do with Sony supporting their console. Not attacking anyone I just never understood that.

Another thing I don't understand is how do people not count XBLA titles, like really? A game is a game to be, why shouldn't we count them? MS has been all about XBLA, if you exclude them you're only doing a disservice to yourself.

Anyways I think it'll be interesting to see how both companies support their systems in the upcoming years.

Bolded: it helps some posters with their agenda.

The XBLA part is the saddest/funniest part. There is so much incredible content on there. Hell, my most played SP title of the last few years is State of Decay but according to most of the huge Xbox 360 enthusiasts in this thread, it's not really a real game. Saint Seiya and Mugen Souls though.. those are real games.

J_Allard said:

The XBLA part is the saddest/funniest part. There is so much incredible content on there. Hell, my most played SP title of the last few years is State of Decay but according to most of the huge Xbox 360 enthusiasts in this thread, it's not really a real game. Saint Seiya and Mugen Souls though.. those are real games.

State of Decay is the most fun to play game of the year after GTAV. Alhtough I haven't played GTAV, I know it's gonna be the best.

XBLA has been my go to location to shop for hidden gems. You can't expect people with high school mentality to show appreciation for games cross platform.

MonstaMack said:

But in all seriousness, I don't see MS putting a lot of support into the 360 after Fable Anniversary. It doesn't make much sense to give too much support (call me crazy) to your last gen console *IF* you want more people to buy XB1s.

MS doesn't either, clearly, which is why Sony will always beat them

The PS5 Exists. 

When you think some Sony fans on VGC can't possibly mount an even higher horse you spot them up in the air, riding PegasuS.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
iceland said:
Why does Sony get credit for 3rd party games that are only exclusive because it isn't financially viable to port over to the 360? Tales of Xillia, Ni no kuni, Disgaea, etc. have nothing to do with Sony supporting their console. Not attacking anyone I just never understood that.

Another thing I don't understand is how do people not count XBLA titles, like really? A game is a game to be, why shouldn't we count them? MS has been all about XBLA, if you exclude them you're only doing a disservice to yourself.

Anyways I think it'll be interesting to see how both companies support their systems in the upcoming years.

Well, State of decay was compared to the last of us on launch, and it did not benefit from that.

I played 350 hours on Mugen Souls, it was fun, it's just not for everyone. 

And most good games on XBLA goes multiplat after 6 months.

The only first party game they have coming out is Fable HD...that is pretty sad.  They already cut off support for the 360 and we will probably only see half assed exclusives on it now.

RenCutypoison said:
J_Allard said:
iceland said:

Well, State of decay was compared to the last of us on launch, and it did not benefit from that.

I played 350 hours on Mugen Souls, it was fun, it's just not for everyone. 

And most good games on XBLA goes multiplat after 6 months.

State of Decay did just fine. 2nd fastest selling game of all time on XBLA IIRC.

And no, most good XBLA games do not go multiplat after 6 months.

The Mugen Souls comment was sarcastic. In these list wars people downplay incredible XBLA games but trump up obscure/irrelevant Japanese titles.

You never see this kind of responses in a thread about MS unless it can be spinned into something negative. I didn't know 1st party only games were the only type of support allowed to a console. Even if it's 1st party like Project Spark it gets disregard because it's also on X1 and Windows 8. I guess GTA5, Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Dark Souls 2, etc. shouldn't even be considered games.

Wright said:
sniper989 said:
I'll believe it when I see it, they have barely given the 360 any core exclusives since 2009

Man, you definitively need glasses.

he really does.