By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft committed to supporting Xbox 360 with new content, Will support the ageing platform for "years".

anyway there is way enough game coming to 360 in the next 12 months to keep owners busy if they don't want to jump to next gen just yet and that's a fact....

comparing to PS3 is relevant only to new buyers maybe and those have already way enough games to grab from the extensive catalog anyway to not make future release that relevant....

all in all PS fans just seem to spend more time dissing XB for nothing relevant to anyone beside doing number crunching for the sake of comparing dick sizes...

especially when I look at PS exclusives over the past few years and don't see anything more appealing to me for the most part than the small (here I said it) MS showing.... quantity doesn't make quality and bottom line even with 0 release in the next 12 months I would still have enough games on my backlog for XB360 to be busy for a long long long while....

Around the Network

Half this thread is people who don't own 360 or have no intention of buying one complaining about lack of first party software. The 360 gamers seem pleased with the support they are getting and their opinion matters the most. What is the point of trying to please people who are just not interested in your product.

STAGE you need to calm down man. You were hardcore unapologetic fan of 360 and now you switched sides to playstation. The attitude remains the same though.

This thread is so sad, first with the trash talk, now talking about japanese games sigh....

OT: I didn't read the article but we all expected ms to not shut down servers for the 360 as well as having most 3rd party games in the following years.

Shouldn´t everyone in here be happy that MS is keeping their support for one of the greatest consoles ever? And BTW XBLA must be one of the greatest platforms ever for games, such an enormous amount of awesomeness in that little treasure box :).

endimion said:
anyway there is way enough game coming to 360 in the next 12 months to keep owners busy if they don't want to jump to next gen just yet and that's a fact....

comparing to PS3 is relevant only to new buyers maybe and those have already way enough games to grab from the extensive catalog anyway to not make future release that relevant....

all in all PS fans just seem to spend more time dissing XB for nothing relevant to anyone beside doing number crunching for the sake of comparing dick sizes...

especially when I look at PS exclusives over the past few years and don't see anything more appealing to me for the most part than the small (here I said it) MS showing.... quantity doesn't make quality and bottom line even with 0 release in the next 12 months I would still have enough games on my backlog for XB360 to be busy for a long long long while....

Game websites and fans have been hounding Microsoft, asking them for two years now where their first party content was and all MS could do was talk about how expensive it is to make them and the risk of creating them at the end of a generation. All they had to say was they were saving all the resources for next generation and get it over with but they came up with a bullshit excuse. They see how productive Sony is being and they finally come around saying "we will support it". Its amazing how once they see Sony do something they're willing to jump.

Around the Network

jump how???? I still see no flood of 1st party games.... and honestly I'd rather see them do 1st party new IP for next gen and sequels for next gen than waste time on the current gen that has already plenty to offer....

they said they will keep supporting XB360 it doesn't mean they will flood it with useless dumb down XB1 games... it means we will still see 3rd parties, good XBLA, online support and a few 1st parties every now and then, which is exactly what I want.... having tons of games coming out this late is useless and honestly a plain stupid waste of money and dev time.... early adopters don't want an extensive catalog on last gen they want it on new gen and late adopters are probably not halfway through the current catalog....

the XB360 offer might be smaller than the PS3 one right now but it is just fine and way more financially down to earth especially considering MS market compared to Sony.... doing the same as Sony is just plain stupid in MS situation from a business stand point....

S.T.A.G.E. said:
endimion said:

Game websites and fans have been hounding Microsoft, asking them for two years now where their first party content was and all MS could do was talk about how expensive it is to make them and the risk of creating them at the end of a generation. All they had to say was they were saving all the resources for next generation and get it over with but they came up with a bullshit excuse. They see how productive Sony is being and they finally come around saying "we will support it". Its amazing how once they see Sony do something they're willing to jump.

The support you'll see from MS is the same 360 support you see now. There will be the occasional retail release but the bulk of it will be XBLA stuff and exclusive content for 3rd party games. Unless of course, you have some insight on unannounced releases? I mean, you're gushing over Sony here as if MS has announced a few retail games or something.

Hell the link even says "remain committed". But God bless Sony for creating video game releases, idk what Nintendo or MS would do without them.