By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft committed to supporting Xbox 360 with new content, Will support the ageing platform for "years".

J_Allard said:

State of Decay did just fine. 2nd fastest selling game of all time on XBLA IIRC.

And no, most good XBLA games do not go multiplat after 6 months.

The Mugen Souls comment was sarcastic. In these list wars people downplay incredible XBLA games but trump up obscure/irrelevant Japanese titles.

There are irrelevant games on all side for all people of course, but I have enough small team/indie games on american side on pc and android to care less about XBLA

Around the Network
Wright said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

But those first two aren't exclusives! And the third one is a prequel to a milked series!!!! And the fourth one bolded is on PSN!!!11!1!

Dude...come on Sony landslided MS this year on the PS3. Im don't even know whether to give up my PS3 because its still being supported. The way I see it I only support consoles that get support.

Calm down you two! (You seriously don't notice I'm being sarcastic?!) I just was explaining the general attitude on VGChartz regarding the games I've bolded

and @S.T.A.G.E. the 360 is still supported; but wether you like the support that is getting or not is up to you.

I would love to see this great support. I am not talking arcade either.

I love all the negative talk about the 360 being a "aging" platform with hardly any support. The 360 is now 8 full years into its lifespan. So tell me haters...

What AAA titles did the PS1 have back in 2003?

What AAA titles did the PS2 have back in 2008?

What AAA titles are coming out for the Wii NOW?

Meanwhile... here's a partial list of the big titles still to come for the 360 just to the end of '13...

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/releases/xbox360/

Show me any home console that ever had such a strong lineup of titles 8 years into its life. All the other consoles that lasted that long ever had in their 8th year of existence were bargain-bin licensed games, ports of sports games like Madden or FIFA, or the casual-targeted music game like Guitar Hero in PS2.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

JayWood2010 said:
Xenostar said:
Calling BS as well, are there any first party games announced that aren't out yet?

Fable 
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Project Spark?  I think
And I believe Crimson Dragon as well

Aren't Project Spark and Crimson Dragon coming out for the Xbone? A Fable hasnt been out in a while and that franchise will need a new team as the old one has lost all its key players. Yeah.....No dice dude. The fans were complaining because MS wouldn't come up with a good enough amount of exclusives towards the end of the gen as it winded down. If they want to copy Sonys ten year plan they need to support the console properly.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Let us wait and see. I'm waiting for Project Sparks, and if it's as I've been told, it will be a definitive game/tool for me.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
Xenostar said:
Calling BS as well, are there any first party games announced that aren't out yet?

Fable 
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Project Spark?  I think
And I believe Crimson Dragon as well

Aren't Project Spark and Crimson Dragon coming out for the Xbone? A Fable hasnt been out in a while and that franchise will need a new team as the old one has lost all its key players. Yeah.....No dice dude. The fans were complaining because MS wouldn't come up with a good enough amount of exclusives towards the end of the gen as it winded down. If they want to copy Sonys ten year plan they need to support the console properly.

Yes they are.  But i believe they are also X360.  Don't quote me because I am not entirely sure.  

What is your deal though?  You act as if these "businesses" are copying each other for fans.  They do these things for profits.  no more, no less.  Relax a bit and stop with the fanwars sometimes.

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Let us wait and see. I'm waiting for Project Sparks, and if it's as I've been told, it will be a definitive game/tool for me.

Project Spark is for Xbox One. If MS has exclusives they arent going to be internally made for the 360. MS gave up on the 360 internally like what two years ago?

I still would love for someone to post all the amazing "AAA" titles the PS1 and PS2 had in their 8th year on the market.

I've already done a Google search myself, and the results ain't pretty. A port of a Japanese DBZ game from 1995 is the PS1's highlight, and the PS2's highlight is a port of a 4 year old GBA game... KH Chain of Memories.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

RolStoppable said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

(...)

If they want to copy Sonys ten year plan they need to support the console properly.

No, they don't, because Sony didn't support their consoles properly either. They did let third parties ride it out.

I am sure they'll have the third parties running about as well instead of axing the 360 like they did the xbox.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Project Spark is for Xbox One. If MS has exclusives they arent going to be internally made for the 360. MS gave up on the 360 internally like what two years ago?

I don't care as long as the game reachs the console I own

On a side note, if you want to make a comparison, yeah, Sony is having a much better deal regarding quantity about exclusives this year. I don't deny this fact. I'm just saying that, if they say they will keep supporting, and they do, I won't complain. As I said before, some support is better than no support.