By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What I Want To See In Second Model Of Vita

KingdomHeartsFan said:
JoeTheBro said:
Video out and video recording would be super nice and super easy for Sony to do.

Beyond that it's already perfect hardware.

3D screen? I am the biggest fan of 3D out there and even I laugh at that idea. 3D on handhelds requires much better tech. That tech requires much more power.

Honestly I don't even use the 3D on my 3DS, it hurts my eyes >.< no idea why anyone would want it on the Vita, would just drive the price up.

You should LOWER the VOLUME of 3D, but don't turn off.

After 1 to 2 weeks, you will be playing with the 3D all the way up 24/7.

It works for everyone.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
JoeTheBro said:
Video out and video recording would be super nice and super easy for Sony to do.

Beyond that it's already perfect hardware.

3D screen? I am the biggest fan of 3D out there and even I laugh at that idea. 3D on handhelds requires much better tech. That tech requires much more power.

Honestly I don't even use the 3D on my 3DS, it hurts my eyes >.< no idea why anyone would want it on the Vita, would just drive the price up.

You should LOWER the VOLUME of 3D, but don't turn off.

After 1 to 2 weeks, you will be playing with the 3D all the way up 24/7.

It works for everyone.

Except the 10% of the population not capable of seeing 3D images at all

KingdomHeartsFan said:

1. This one is essential, add a SD card slot on the Vita.  

Not Going to happen, too many variations, Sony already has an established userbase that has these cards.

Instead Sony should ditch the stupid 4GB card. Insteadhave 8GB packed in with every new Vita for $199. Also add 64GB and Half the Prices.  

2. Cheaper materials to make the console and they are able to cut the price a little bit.  That is all I want, a $50 price cut, if the Vita drops to $200 I will be way more inclined to buy it.

Yes this make sense as shown above $200 for Wifi with 8GB card and 3 months of playstation plus.

3. Gloss finish removed.  Now I know this is not that big a deal for some people, but for me I hate having fingerprint marks all over my console, and the Vita is black so they stick out even more.  I like the way the 3DS XL is.  Not the original 3DS, but the XL version.

Undecided on this, it will probably make it look cheaper though.

4. Analog Sticks are a little small. Would you like the analog sticks to be a little bigger?

Maybe a tiny bit bigger, but its not really an issue for me.

5. I have also heard a lot of people having trouble with their Vita touch screen being glitchy or unresponsive.  Once again i can't comment on this for sure since I don't have one so anyone that has one please say how yours is.  I will say though that I have never had any problems with the touch screen on my Nintendo handhelds so I expect the Vita's touch screen to be of the same quali

The Vitas touchscreen is very high quality, not really a problem for most.

So what do you guys think and what do you want changed in the second model of the Vita?

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

It needs to have downward wings like a PS3 controller and maybe triggers. I bought a couple different grips for it and NEVER play the Vita without them. If you are an adult with even medium hands, and surely large hands it is impossible to play the system comfortably without extensions.  Everyone I know who is an adult who owns one says it was the first thing they went to the store or an Amazon to find.  Kids / small handed folks i.e. women I know who play them don't have the problem, so maybe 2 models?

Around the Network
Sleepyprince said:
Do not get the point to HDMI out. Vita will looks awefull on big tv screen...

Plenty of PS3 games are sub HD and look fine, I still play PS1 games on my HDTV. Old 3D graphics just don't bother me like thety seem to most people.

soulfly666 said:

It needs to have downward wings like a PS3 controller and maybe triggers. I bought a couple different grips for it and NEVER play the Vita without them. If you are an adult with even medium hands, and surely large hands it is impossible to play the system comfortably without extensions.  Everyone I know who is an adult who owns one says it was the first thing they went to the store or an Amazon to find.  Kids / small handed folks i.e. women I know who play them don't have the problem, so maybe 2 models?

If by triggers, you mean clickable joysticks, then yes, I knew I forgot something I wanted to say for a second model.

AaronSOLDIER said:
Sleepyprince said:
Do not get the point to HDMI out. Vita will looks awefull on big tv screen...

Plenty of PS3 games are sub HD and look fine, I still play PS1 games on my HDTV. Old 3D graphics just don't bother me like thety seem to most people.

Your HD TV probably has scales, while other peoples HD TVs sound like they don't have any scalers to upscale the lower resolution images.

I don't have an HD TV yet, because I skip the PS3 & Wii, so without a PS3 I had no use for one. But I do plan on getting a VIZIO Smart 3D HD TV that is 1080p for the 42 inch size option, but I haven't decided on LCD or LED, but I think I will get LCD since its cheaper, and I can always close the curtains and everything.

EDIT:

If anyone knows of a Smart 3D Blu-Ray Player that converts 2D into 3D and can have TV & games play thru it (so I can convert their 2D into 3D), then please let me know.

personally i would like a sliding GO design and 100GB memory Cards for about £40.. il neve get hem though lol

The hardware is perfect as it is. It shouldn't be slimmer, it is more comfortable to hold this way. PSP fat is also more comfortable than the slim one in my opinion. It should be carried in a case due to analog sticks, and after it is in a case shaving off a few milimeters does not really make a difference.

The main problem it has is the price and without a significant price reduction it will not sale that many whatever they do.