By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What I Want To See In Second Model Of Vita

KingdomHeartsFan said:
MonstaMack said:
Built in Memory, Longer Battery Life and a price reduced to $150 and I'll grab one.... on cowboom for $80

I heard the Vita's battery life is 5-6 hours, honestly I think that's good.  Personally I play my handhelds at home so it doesn't matter to me because I can just charge and play them at the same time, but even if you take it out I doubt a 5-6 battery life is not enough, considering you charge it everyday.

Each firmware update increases the battery life of the PS Vita & Nintendo 3DS.....well, it's more noticible on these 2 electronics then other mobile devices anyways.

I'm enjoying 6.2.0-12 but want 7.0.0-X for more greater increase in battery life.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
MonstaMack said:
Built in Memory, Longer Battery Life and a price reduced to $150 and I'll grab one.... on cowboom for $80

I heard the Vita's battery life is 5-6 hours, honestly I think that's good.  Personally I play my handhelds at home so it doesn't matter to me because I can just charge and play them at the same time, but even if you take it out I doubt a 5-6 battery life is not enough, considering you charge it everyday.

Not saying it was bad, just would like more of a battery life. It would probably be an hour or two on top of it, making it almost a work days worth of battery and that would be sweet.

With enough major firmware updates you will get that much more battery life on the current Vita.

BasilZero said:
anthony64641 said:
add a second screen... the more screens the better

Worst idea ever ;(

Edit: Yipeee! 17,000th post!

Actually the purpose of the Touch Pad in the back with the touch screen in front is to do Duo Screen functionali without the duo screen.....so they should just get rid of the back touch pad and incorporate a second touch screen.

And add 3D since every movie is now 3D Movies. And this way they can show 3D Movie Trailers & 3D Music Videos, like the Nintendo 3DS does since July 2011. And make the joysticks bigger, or better yet, turn them into circle pads with way more accuracy then the crappy PSP analog. And use the motion sensors to count steps so people can collect Rings, that can be spent in games and apps for more content, that's completely free. And also make relay stations, because not enough people have a PS Vita for near. And add the ability to create folders. And add the PS4 MiiVerse thingy to PS Vita.

BasilZero said:
Sleepyprince said:
"You dont want to use it, dont use it - like the 3G on the Vita . It is a option that attracts people."

Yeah, the 3G model was so attractive to consumers that Sony stopped to produce it... Tssss.

Pretty sure the majority of the Vitas sold were Wifi and not the 3G model. If there was a 3DS SKU that had no 3D option/feature, and sold for $50 less I would take that too.

If a second model does come out - I hope they include one without 3G or 4G - I'll be glad to pay for the cheaper model since I just want to mainly play all RPGs and single player games.

Anyways, a recording feature would be nice. The modders of the PSP were able to allow people to record game footage but through as a GIF image (so no audio) plus the rendering was SLOW as hell though.

With a internal memory and a certain compression format, they could create the Vita as a ideal recording device for pretty much whatever you have on the screen - kinda like how you can take images of whatever is on your screen I believe (at least gaming wise).

So you haven't played any 3DS game release November 2012 & up, huh?

The 3D makes the 3DS LCD screen look better then the Vita OLED screen anyways.

How am I suppose to play side-Scrollers with polygon graphics in 2D, because that's insane and graphics suicide.

BasilZero said:
Kaizar said:

So you haven't played any 3DS game release November 2012 & up, huh?

The 3D makes the 3DS LCD screen look better then the Vita OLED screen anyways.

How am I suppose to play side-Scrollers with polygon graphics in 2D, because that's insane and graphics suicide.

What makes the screen better might not be a good idea for my eyes especially with my condition.

So no, no thanks to 3D and no thanks to a price hike.

When I get my 3DS this year, the chances of me using 3D at all will be like less than 5%.

Also how were you able to play any side scrollers in the past 20 years or so before the 3DS came out and 3D was re-introduced to gaming? Did you start gaming when the 3DS came out?

Side-Scrollers have always had 2D sprites in the past.

But Batman Arkham Origins part 2 & Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate & New Super Mario Bros. 2 are polygon graphics instead, and you do need 3D to enjoy their graphics. And you didn't answer my question about games release November 2012 & up on the 3DS.

Around the Network

Kaizar's getting comfortable in the Sony Discussion section?

God help us.

Video out and video recording would be super nice and super easy for Sony to do.

Beyond that it's already perfect hardware.

3D screen? I am the biggest fan of 3D out there and even I laugh at that idea. 3D on handhelds requires much better tech. That tech requires much more power.

JoeTheBro said:
Video out and video recording would be super nice and super easy for Sony to do.

Beyond that it's already perfect hardware.

3D screen? I am the biggest fan of 3D out there and even I laugh at that idea. 3D on handhelds requires much better tech. That tech requires much more power.

Honestly I don't even use the 3D on my 3DS, it hurts my eyes >.< no idea why anyone would want it on the Vita, would just drive the price up.

I don't have one, but what would make it more appealing to me would be a change to the OS. Those rows of bubbles put me off, so I'd like to see an overhaul when the PS4 comes out. I would also like the Start/Select to become Share/Options and for them to make an official attachment that gives it L2/R2 and the light bar.

(Yes I pretty much want it as a PS4 accessory first and foremost)

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

BasilZero said:
Kaizar said:

Side-Scrollers have always had 2D sprites in the past.

But Batman Arkham Origins part 2 & Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate & New Super Mario Bros. 2 are polygon graphics instead, and you do need 3D to enjoy their graphics. And you didn't answer my question about games release November 2012 & up on the 3DS.

Arkham Origins (Part 2?) hasnt even come out yet - so its too early for you to judge it to have 3D on always.

I've played a bit of NSMB2 demo without 3D at the store, dont see anything wrong with it while playing it in 2D.

I havent really played seriously any games released Nov 2012 and "before"(I think is what you meant to say) - but I will come this holiday when I buy Super Mario 3D Land - I know some of the coins can be viewable even without 3D though.

I dont care about graphics cause if I did , I wouldnt be buying Nintendo systems ;p.

I mean November 2012 and after. I have played Crashmo & Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon & CastleVania LOS MOF & Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to name some.

The 3DS does 160Mtriangle/s (160 million polygons) and has at least 50 shader cores, so the 3DS has the graphics as a nice bonus.