By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What I Want To See In Second Model Of Vita

1. This one is essential, add a SD card slot on the Vita.  The memory cards Sony is charging for are extremely overpriced.  Sony says they used them because they want to combat priacy and because the memory cards need to be a certain speed.  I have heard that these memory cards are extremely slow and if the 3DS is capable of using SD cards I see no reason why the Vita is not able to.  Sony put them in only to combat priacy and that's not right, you don't punish your loyal fans, by makingthem pay for expensive memory cards, when they weren't the ones that were pirating your games.  They need to find a new way to combat piracy.

2. So usually when a second model or slim version of a console comes out the company uses cheaper materials to make the console and they are able to cut the price a little bit.  That is all I want, a $50 price cut, if the Vita drops to $200 I will be way more inclined to buy it.

3. Gloss finish removed.  Now I know this is not that big a deal for some people, but for me I hate having fingerprint marks all over my console, and the Vita is black so they stick out even more.  I like the way the 3DS XL is.  Not the original 3DS, but the XL version.

4. Analog Sticks are a little small.  Now I don't own a Vita, but my friend does and I've played it a couple times and I did not like the size of the analog sticks.  Take this with a grain of salt because this might just be because I need to get used to them or whatever, so anyone that has a Vita what do you think?  Would you like the analog sticks to be a little bigger?

5. I have also heard a lot of people having trouble with their Vita touch screen being glitchy or unresponsive.  Once again i can't comment on this for sure since I don't have one so anyone that has one please say how yours is.  I will say though that I have never had any problems with the touch screen on my Nintendo handhelds so I expect the Vita's touch screen to be of the same quality.

So what do you guys think and what do you want changed in the second model of the Vita?

Around the Network

Built in storage. Plus it wouldnt hurt to make the battery a bit more longlasting.

Games...

Edit: No to number three.

All I want is an SD card slot, those PS Vita memory card prices are ridiculous :/

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Number 1 will not come to pass, much like Apple's new peripherals interface on the iPhone 5, Sony will not open up a market that they monopolise to 3rd parties...

Around the Network

1. It's possible they might be using proprietary memory cards because cheaper SD memory cards aren't up to scratch. It's too late to start swapping the format, they should just halve the prices.

2. That's pretty much a given.

3. But gloss is sexy.

4. Analogue sticks take some getting used to, any bigger and they'd be a pain in the ass for portability though.

5. Best touch screen I've ever used. The screen itself definitely needs sorting out though, screen quality and colours are very inconsistent between Vitas, some have a terrible mura effect and almost all have a horrible green tint just above black.

Reduction in size. The weight of Vita is noticeable

Built in Memory

brendude13 said:
1. It's possible they might be using proprietary memory cards because cheaper SD memory cards aren't up to scratch. It's too late to start swapping the format, they should just halve the prices.

2. That's pretty much a given.

3. But gloss is sexy.

4. Analogue sticks take some getting used to, any bigger and they'd be a pain in the ass for portability though.

5. Best touch screen I've ever used. The screen itself definitely needs sorting out though, screen quality and colours are very inconsistent between Vitas, some have a terrible mura effect and almost all have a horrible green tint just above black.

Well SD cards have a number on them saying what Class they are and that basically tells how fast they are.  They could add a SD card and say it only works with Class 10 SD cards, anything lower is too slow.  

With digital being more mainstream and Plus being so successful, is Vita Go a possibilty?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
With digital being more mainstream and Plus being so successful, is Vita Go a possibilty?

Wasn't the PSP Go a huge failure?  Also with the memory cards costing so much I don't see much people going for it.