By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What I Want To See In Second Model Of Vita

Do not get the point to HDMI out. Vita will looks awefull on big tv screen...

Around the Network

Built in Memory, Longer Battery Life and a price reduced to $150 and I'll grab one.... on cowboom for $80

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
Built in Memory, Longer Battery Life and a price reduced to $150 and I'll grab one.... on cowboom for $80

I heard the Vita's battery life is 5-6 hours, honestly I think that's good.  Personally I play my handhelds at home so it doesn't matter to me because I can just charge and play them at the same time, but even if you take it out I doubt a 5-6 battery life is not enough, considering you charge it everyday.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
MonstaMack said:

I heard the Vita's battery life is 5-6 hours, honestly I think that's good.  Personally I play my handhelds at home so it doesn't matter to me because I can just charge and play them at the same time, but even if you take it out I doubt a 5-6 battery life is not enough, considering you charge it everyday.

Not saying it was bad, just would like more of a battery life. It would probably be an hour or two on top of it, making it almost a work days worth of battery and that would be sweet.

It's just that simple.

add a second screen... the more screens the better

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
anthony64641 said:
add a second screen... the more screens the better

Worst idea ever ;(

Edit: Yipeee! 17,000th post!

Congratz!

well 2 screen worked for the DS, why would it help the vita?

lol seriously, just a simple second model. better battery, better screen, bulit in memory

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

an sd card slot or micro sd.. and more games...

5 Things the Vita needs:

1. Slider or clamshell redesign. The 3DS XL is much more usable as a portable--even though it is slightly thicker--because it is more pocket-friendly. The Vita is not pocket-friendly in the slightest. Especially because of those dual analogs. Make a slider keypad that has the analogs pop up as you slide the keyboard up.

2. Pick at least one:
---Built in memory: 16 or 32 gb.
---using SD or microSD cards for memory.
---Export major memory function to the PS4 or PS3 hard drive via Remote Play.

3. Bring UMD-to-Digital West.

4. Cut some corners. The capacitive touce screen still is kinda unused, and the OLED screen has got to cost too much. Just a resistive LCD screen will do well enough, and probably save you $50 per. UNLESS you do #5, that is.

5. IF the redesign can get the form factor small enough, consider using it as a smartphone. People are willing to spend more for a smartphone than they should, and the Vita has an advantage: it's still a usable console after the contract expires. Right now it will definitely not work that way because it's just too big, but Samsung has proven that people will tolerate really big "phablets" if they're really usable. I wouldn't add an Sim card slot or anything, but it could.

Really, I'm more worried about the Vita than the Wii U. The Wii U has solid support console function AND a great title lineup through this holiday season. The Vita's got remote play and...that's it. And after I've thought about it, remote play doesn't actually sound like it's worth the additional $250+.

"You dont want to use it, dont use it - like the 3G on the Vita . It is a option that attracts people."

Yeah, the 3G model was so attractive to consumers that Sony stopped to produce it... Tssss.