By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What I Want To See In Second Model Of Vita

If they can get Vita down to this size I would buy it on that alone.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
zorg1000 said:
With digital being more mainstream and Plus being so successful, is Vita Go a possibilty?

Wasn't the PSP Go a huge failure?  Also with the memory cards costing so much I don't see much people going for it.

But thats when digital wasnt as popular and Plus wasnt around then. A $200 digital only Vita w/1 year Plus and 8gb Memory card could sell well and also slash memory card prices in half.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Honestly I think the Vita is one of the nicest pieces of tech I've ever held. I love holding that thing. I don't really think it needs a revision, just a price cut and some games.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

That's fine, I can be the only person who want's a smaller more compact Vita. Downsizing it does necessarily mean the design has to change.

The card format isn't going to change at this point. They just need to get the prices down as much as they can.

I've never had a problem with the screen at all. It works perfectly on my Vita and is very responsive. Every game I've played looks nifty. I also have no problem with the sticks, they work very well. I never find myself thinking, "these are too small." I have the white Vita, so no comment about the gloss on the black.

Honestly, I'm trying to think of reasons to have a second model but I really can't. Maybe improve the start/select buttons, those are kind of annoying. Really, though, it's the best piece of gaming hardware that I've ever used. My PS3 feels so out-dated in comparison. The memory card prices are really the only thing that bug me.

Oh, and I do wish there were more apps. An eReader, for example. That's nothing that calls for a new model, however.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Well SD cards have a number on them saying what Class they are and that basically tells how fast they are.  They could add a SD card and say it only works with Class 10 SD cards, anything lower is too slow.  

I'm sure they'd still get a lot of complaints.

I agree with Basil, video output is a great idea. I disagree with built in storage though, it removes the option of customisability. Some people will only want a 4gb card for game saves, others will want 64gb for their huge library of all-digital games.

BasilZero said:
brendude13 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Well SD cards have a number on them saying what Class they are and that basically tells how fast they are.  They could add a SD card and say it only works with Class 10 SD cards, anything lower is too slow.  

I'm sure they'd still get a lot of complaints.

I agree with Basil, video output is a great idea. I disagree with built in storage though, it removes the option of customisability. Some people will only want a 4gb card for game saves, others will want 64gb for their huge library of all-digital games.

The internal memory doesnt need to be anything huge - just enough to phase out the smaller memory cards like the 4GB and 8GB. Gives a reason for them to reduce the price of the current stock and release a 64 GB one as well.

I'd hate having my data split over a memory card and internal memory. I want it all on one card.

damn built in memory, even if its only to saves

Whoah, like always no ONE mention the fact that you cover the sound with your thumbs while playing... Seriousely guys are you sure you play with your vita ?
L1/R1 button are pretty poors. Start and select suck but who use them anyway ? They serve almost no purpose.

Rest is damn perfect to me. The vita is one of the greatest device I put my hands on.

- E Reader would be very VERY good.
- Make a 64go MCard and drop half the price of them all.
- Make the browser support more streaming codec.
- Make the rear touchpad able to scroll thing in applications (playstation store for example).
- GPU boost maybe.

Was a chance of a second model for the Vita hinted at today in my absence? Or is this just because of the inevitable second "re-design" consoles usually get now?