By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What I Want To See In Second Model Of Vita

2D screenings make up for 100% of all movies in theaters from beginning to end.

3D screenings are only for less then 10% of movies for the first several weeks.

3D screenings make up around 50% of sales in movie theaters despite all of these factors.

3D TVs have always sold more then HD TVs during the same point in life spam.

And over 95% of all manufacture TVs in the world are 3D TVs.

Clearly monochromatic 2D Handheld gaming is holding the PS Vita back.

After the announcement of the Nintendo 3DS doing glasses-free 3D gaming in 2010 with motion sensors and everything, the announcement of the PS Vita one year later just same like a reduction of features & softwAre, because there was also the software factor with the 3DS 2010 softwares mentioned VS. the PS Vita softwares mentioned in 2011.

It seems like the PS Vita has everything going against it, from 140 million polygons VS. 160 million polygons to a maximum of 40 shader ores VS. a minimum of 50 shader cores, to each handheld having a 4-core target up to 1 GHz CPU withthe ARM11 focusing so much of synthesis or whatever that it gives it an advantage over other CPU, unless you use ARM11 on a 3rd party device which would just cause a whole bunch of unknown bugs & glitches you will never find (so ARM11 can only be use in a Nintendo device, but gives it an advantage over all other CPUs when it's in a 1st party device).

The PS Vita just seems to have too much going against it across the board, including photo taking & video recording & Augmented Reality.

I think the price is not the problem because the PSP did ok at $250. Or at least the price is the least of its problems. The PSP had no problem with the exclusive memory cards. So it is not really a price problem, but a feature & software & polygon & shader core problem for the Vita.

Well that's my 2¢.

Around the Network

For PS Vita slim

1. cut price to £150 and bundle 8gb memory card with a game.

2. Improve battery life

3. Make analogue sticks slightly bigger

I don't see Sony adding a standard SD card slot, just because of the money they make from the current memory cards unfortunately. Just cut price of memory cards by 25% instead and abolish the 4GB card.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

32GB internal storage and HDMI out. Even if they have to update the firmware and release a cable that goes into the charger port with the other side as HDMI, except that it will charge the Viita while hooked up to the tv. Or maybe the Vita charge port uses USB to go to the box it goes to now, with a new USB product being sold that's split to have both a HDMI and wall ac plug.

the-pi-guy said:
Kaizar said:

2D screenings make up for 100% of all movies in theaters from beginning to end.

3D screenings are only for less then 10% of movies for the first several weeks.

3D screenings make up around 50% of sales in movie theaters despite all of these factors.

3D TVs have always sold more then HD TVs during the same point in life spam.

And over 95% of all manufacture TVs in the world are 3D TVs.

Clearly monochromatic 2D Handheld gaming is holding the PS Vita back.

After the announcement of the Nintendo 3DS doing glasses-free 3D gaming in 2010 with motion sensors and everything, the announcement of the PS Vita one year later just same like a reduction of features & softwAre, because there was also the software factor with the 3DS 2010 softwares mentioned VS. the PS Vita softwares mentioned in 2011.

It seems like the PS Vita has everything going against it, from 140 million polygons VS. 160 million polygons to a maximum of 40 shader ores VS. a minimum of 50 shader cores, to each handheld having a 4-core target up to 1 GHz CPU withthe ARM11 focusing so much of synthesis or whatever that it gives it an advantage over other CPU, unless you use ARM11 on a 3rd party device which would just cause a whole bunch of unknown bugs & glitches you will never find (so ARM11 can only be use in a Nintendo device, but gives it an advantage over all other CPUs when it's in a 1st party device).

The PS Vita just seems to have too much going against it across the board, including photo taking & video recording & Augmented Reality.

I think the price is not the problem because the PSP did ok at $250. Or at least the price is the least of its problems. The PSP had no problem with the exclusive memory cards. So it is not really a price problem, but a feature & software & polygon & shader core problem for the Vita.

Well that's my 2¢.

I'd love to see some sources for these claims.   

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/314637-report-3dtv-sales-rise-despite-consumer-indifference/

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tcl-multimedias-lcd-tv-sales-130100113.html

A few years it was confirm that over 90% of all manufacture TVs in the world are 3D TVs.

And everyone can back me up on how 3D screenings make up 40% to 60% of profits in the box office each year.

I kinda want a Vita tablet.

Around the Network

A HDD and built in screen protector.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

A HDD and built in screen protector. Double post oops. I guess 8-16 gigs would work.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

the-pi-guy said:
Kaizar said:

I'd love to see some sources for these claims.   

do not even bother this claim about the 3DS hardware being that powerful is a freaking pipe dream!, many of the People who know Arm Cortex based processor's and GPU's that go into the SOC's have tried to explain his Myth of the 3DS being anywhere near the hardware performance of the PSVita is not only pie in the sky hope and dream's, but its downright wrong in what he keep's posting. we have posted the proof from Arm Holding's Performance tests about each SOC's CPU's the GPU's are not made by Arm, but even than the SINGLE CORE Pica 200, is no where near the level of performance of the SGX543MP4+ QUAD CORE .

Let alone the gpu's amount of dedicated Ram each unit has for those GPU's for one the 3DS has 6 MB, while the PSVita has 128 MB of dedicated GPU ram. its not even close. even the speed of each system Bus shows that they are still no where near close, the PSVita have over 3x the performance of the 3DS and that's being very kind.

While the 3DS is a great system to game on , and the games are very fun, as for performance vs the PSVita its no contest, the PSVita far and above exceeds the 3DS in hardware Performance and that is just the blunt truth. That still does not mean you cannot have a lot of fun with both handhelds. But it does mean what he is trying to claim is downright false.

The fact that he keep's posting this info about the 3DS and trying to convince people on here that its anywhere near the PSVita's performance when he knows d@mn well its not, is choosing to distribute wrong misinformation for the sake of it.

When Arm Holding's info on the SOC's shows just how wrong he is, show's he is not interested in learning about the hardware, he just wants to make claims that are no where near being truthful.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Kaizar said:
AaronSOLDIER said:
Sleepyprince said:
Do not get the point to HDMI out. Vita will looks awefull on big tv screen...

Plenty of PS3 games are sub HD and look fine, I still play PS1 games on my HDTV. Old 3D graphics just don't bother me like thety seem to most people.

Your HD TV probably has scales, while other peoples HD TVs sound like they don't have any scalers to upscale the lower resolution images.

Mine was a cheapish 32" TV, I think it's just people being graphics whores personally. I've played plenty of games from the 80s and 90s on it and haven't bothered me one bit, a Vita game upscaled from 960X544 is not gonna be an issue for my eyes.

I'm loving each corner and side, button and analog, front and rear pad. hating lack of AAA games (even if it works fine for me) and the ridiculous memory cards price. Weren't they saying that with the new format of games support saves can be stocked in it without any need of a memory card ?