By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's the best way to break up with someone because they're fat?

Tagged games:

Cobretti2 said:
All I will say is this:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/sex/a/gold_digger.htm

read it. SOme good advice the guy gave this so called "attractive woman"

Not all attractive women are gold diggers. Some people are just more attractive than others and people are starting to get more and more attractive as the years go by. Attractive people will most of the time have suitors compared to everyone else. Its evolution and survival, everyone wants to hire the child with the best shot at survival.

Around the Network

You seem like a nice person and so does she.

Maybe before you break up with her for being fat, you could talk to her about the issue of her weight.

Neither of you might feel comfortable talking about it at first. You obviously don't like the extra weight, and she's obviously doesn't either, what with trying to hide it. But maybe you can do something for each other, either diet or excercise wise. And if the talk ends in tears, well maybe it still was the nicest way to break up.

I had a similar problem! I did one of those online dating things and I was going to date this girl. In her photo, there was a girl but when we went out, she was actually TWO girls! I'm thinking that she used some kind of photo trickery also! To solve my problem, I simply turned them against each other and while they were slapping the slop out of each other, I left! I don't know what you're going to do. Interesting problem. 

We ALL wanted it, now we ALL are finally going to get SHENMUE III !!! Let us REJOICE IN THE STREETS!!!

The last thing you want to do is tell the truth. No doubt she is capable of looking in a mirror, and she is already well aware of her weight issue. It doesn't matter if you say "get lost fatty," or "sweetie, I feel really sorry to say this, but I just can't continue our relationship with your health issue," the result of both of these will be the same. Even if you don't mention her weight at all, she will probably assume that is the reason you are leaving her. All obese people tend to have self-esteem issues, I can't think of one person that is happy being fat.

My advice would be to see her less and less. It will make it easier when you breakup. Get it to the point where you only see each other every few weeks at most. Make up some excuse depending on your situation ... more hours at work, taking another class at school, taking care of sick grandma ... whatever as long as it is plausible.

If you do this right over a period of a month or so then you will quickly get to the point where "I think we should see other people" is a lot easier to say because you will have already had a defacto breakup by spending so little time together.

That is the best way I can think of to let her down gently without devastating her. A lot less stress for both parties. Honesty is not a good idea in this case.

attaboy said:
JimmytheT said:
attaboy said:

I'm a relatively attractive, athletic guy.  I think I have a decent personality, a good job, my own place, etc.  Anyway, my last relationship came to an end and I found myself dating a fat chick via online dating.  I didn't know she was fat at first, mind you.  She used all kinds of camera trickery or something.  She was always behind other people when she sent full body shots, laying down, or whatever.  When we finally met, I was trying my best not to be shallow and, to my surprise, wound up having a really good time with her!  She's got a great personality, a great job, and a lot going for herself, as wll.  She's not orca fat but there are times when I look at her and I just don't like what i see.  I'm afraid of what would happen if my frieds see me with her.  I have sex with the lights off and often from behind because she just doesn't look like I wish she would.  In the end, I guess I'm a shallow guy because her physical appearance is keeping me from wanting to pursue this anymore.  She's really nice, thoughtful, and sweet so I don't want to say, "Don't touch me, you fat, fat, fatty!"

Any advice?

Firstly, whilst I can respect not feeling attracted to someone and being honest with oneself, asking this kind of advice on this kind of website's forum tells me that you are almost certainly as fatuous and rebarbative in your day to day life as your opening subject line and post suggest you are.

Secondly, do this lady favor and be completely honest with her. If you still have not called it off, tell her that you are an individual who has teenaged priorities and that you are wasting her time (not yours, as yours is likely of far lesser value) by continuing a relationship that is an obvious farce behind her back.

Thirdly, if you are just looking for a vagina (or other orafice) to masturbate into when not at work or video gaming (the content of your first post suggests this is your only priority when it comes to women), then there are special dolls or even hookers if you are looking for a human experience that will in all liklihood be more cost effective versus ongoing dinners, movies et al.

Hope this advice from VgChartz's forum helps!

Had to use my thesaurus to find the meaning of fatuous and rebarbative.  Now, I can't wait to use those words in everyday conversation!  I still don't see how people judge the entire content of my character based on the content of a thread post.  I guess I put that vibe out there so I'm getting what I deserve.  Anyway, thanks for the input, JimmytheT. :)

You guys have a great day!

Don't listen to him. You're not at fault here.

For once I agree with NolSinkler.

EDIT: If she is a REALLY nice person and you two really do click on a personal level, give her a chance to get her body into shape. If you are athletic, you are in the perfect position to make your lifestyle rub off on her. But if that doesn't work out, then it's not wrong of you to end it. At least, if you try first, you have the moral high ground because you can say that you tried anyway, but it didn't work out. 

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
magos2k7 said:

I had a similar problem! I did one of those online dating things and I was going to date this girl. In her photo, there was a girl but when we went out, she was actually TWO girls! I'm thinking that she used some kind of photo trickery also! To solve my problem, I simply turned them against each other and while they were slapping the slop out of each other, I left! I don't know what you're going to do. Interesting problem. 

profile pic from ethat edating website or it didn't happen... and i'm not talking about yours..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NolSinkler said:

For crying out loud.

(1) Of course it matters what your friends think. They are your friends. They are an important part of your life. Their opinions matter to you. They want what is best for you. And in this case, the OP's friends certainly know that this fat lady is not what is best for him. In other words, he can do better.

(2) It is not 'shallow' to not be attracted to a fat person. It is normal. It is also not shallow not to be attracted to members of the same sex, it is not shallow not to be attracted to certain physical features, it is not shallow not to be attracted to someone with messed up teeth. These are perfectly acceptable. These do not make somebody a worse person.

(3) It is not wrong to try a relationship out. It happens. What relationship begins with two partners being equally attracted to one another in the same ways and for the same things? None.

(4) The guy tried the relationship and it didn't work. Now he wants out. This happens. He didn't get married to the woman and then come back around and say "I want a divorce because I never loved you." Quit painting him as an evil man.

(5) Those of you criticizing him are likely those who have to settle for an unattractive mate. In your eyes you see yourself as superior to those who will not settle for mediocrity, because you think to yourself, "I see beneath the surface, I care about personality and not looks, unlike those lesser people." Here you stereotype attractive people as possessing inferior characters, which is not only incorrect but is offensive. The crime? Being attractive and wanting an attractive mate.

In society today we have pressure to shame and diminish all 'groups' that have been historically empowered. This tendency is extending itself to attractive people. Instead of looking at unattractive people as, well, unattractive, we are subtly encouraged to judge the attractive ones as oppressive, unintelligent, uncaring, unfeeling, and lesser. This is a perfect example of ressentiment.

Your friends opinions only matter insofar as you may or may not want to integrate your girlfriend in with your activities. One of my few high school friends that i've retained contact with just got married after a college-long (5 year! he went to pharmacy school) engagement, and i knew very little about his girlfriend because he largely kept her seperate from his "guy" activities. Not because there's anything wrong with her (that i can see. A perfectly sweet girl), just because he wants to keep the spheres separate.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

NolSinkler said:

For crying out loud.

(1) Of course it matters what your friends think. They are your friends. They are an important part of your life. Their opinions matter to you. They want what is best for you. And in this case, the OP's friends certainly know that this fat lady is not what is best for him. In other words, he can do better.

- People who live their lives worrying about what their friends think and putting the importance of their friends opinions over their own are quite simple one of two things, stupid or too young to understand.

(2) It is not 'shallow' to not be attracted to a fat person. It is normal. It is also not shallow not to be attracted to members of the same sex, it is not shallow not to be attracted to certain physical features, it is not shallow not to be attracted to someone with messed up teeth. These are perfectly acceptable. These do not make somebody a worse person.

- It's not shallow to not be attracted to a fat person, youre right, but it is shallow to not be attracted to a person, and knowing full well youre not attracted to them continue with a relationship that has a very slim chance of actually working, it is not fair on the other person to lead them on by essentially being dishonest from the start - if he got with her and said 'hey you know what i think your weights repulsive but lets try this out anyway' then fair enough, but chances are he did the opposite - so suddenly using 'your too fat' as a reason to break things off when she most likely is exactly the same weight as she was to begin with is like saying 'sorry i dont want to date you anymore because youre black'.

(3) It is not wrong to try a relationship out. It happens. What relationship begins with two partners being equally attracted to one another in the same ways and for the same things? None.

- Yes i'm sure youre right, but what relationships start with 'i fuck her from behind or with the lights off so she doesnt look as fat' that actually work? very few to none i would imagine.

(4) The guy tried the relationship and it didn't work. Now he wants out. This happens. He didn't get married to the woman and then come back around and say "I want a divorce because I never loved you." Quit painting him as an evil man.

- If she changed between meeting in person and the point at which he decided he wants out then you would be right, but dumping her for a reason that was there from the start is just silly.

(5) Those of you criticizing him are likely those who have to settle for an unattractive mate. In your eyes you see yourself as superior to those who will not settle for mediocrity, because you think to yourself, "I see beneath the surface, I care about personality and not looks, unlike those lesser people." Here you stereotype attractive people as possessing inferior characters, which is not only incorrect but is offensive. The crime? Being attractive and wanting an attractive mate.

- Or maybe its just those who are old enough to actually consider the other persons feelings before bumbling around life as if the only thing that matters if yourself? he had every chance to cool things off and be just friends, thus keeping a girl who by his own admission had a great personality, around without having to embarras himself or mislead her into thinking he thought a certain way about her, but hey, fuck me for considering another persons feelings right?, it absolutely pains me to see the youth of today being so goddamn vain and wishy washy about such matters because "in this day and age" its the norm, if it is indeed the norm then looking around and seeing the rape culture, high divorce rate, high teen mortality rates from suicide and other such shit makes a hell of a lot more sense.

- Common decency costs nothing and unlike your comment does not result from 'making do due to not being attractive', then go out on a limb to suggest an overreaching stereotype of attractive people being lesser - thas bullshit, i know plenty of 'attractive' men and women who are perfectly capable of functioning in normal life with respect and dececy for their fellow humans, but i guess there in lies the rub, these people are adults, adults who were brought up right.

In society today we have pressure to shame and diminish all 'groups' that have been historically empowered. This tendency is extending itself to attractive people. Instead of looking at unattractive people as, well, unattractive, we are subtly encouraged to judge the attractive ones as oppressive, unintelligent, uncaring, unfeeling, and lesser. This is a perfect example of ressentiment.

- Unlike you and 'society' i judge people by their actions, if you feel otherwise then your issue is with failing to understand the difference between being a jerkoff for fucking with another persons emotions by "pretending to not be repulsed", and being a jerkoff because you feel youre attractive.

And who, exactly, decides who is and is not attractive? its something that is ultimately down to the indicidual, some people find others attractive when others do not, character however isnt defined by the way a person looks or by the general opinion of their looks but by their actions, and in this case the actions show a guy who is, by one way or another, shallow.

Will he always be shallow? who knows, the next girl may think hes gods gift, or maybe she will get comfortable, put on a little weight and get dumped too? that remains to be seen, but ill spell it out for you since you seem to have a little trouble understanding.

- it has nothing to do with his looks

- it has nothing to do with wanting to break up

- it has nothing to do with whether or not they had sex

- it has EVERYTHING to do with breaking up due to an issue that was there from the start

But i'm done with this thread, entirely, basic concepts of respect and honesty clearly do not sit way with todays youth for the most part, and the view of those who consider thier actions before making them is one if complete failure to understand simple concepts.

Its these simple traits being missing from the kids of today that make shows like jerry springer and jeremy kyle both amusing and depressing at the same time.

OP, have fun with your life, but for the love of god in future if you end up meeting a girl youre not attracted to, save yourself the hastle and stop there.

Ok, I hope you haven't been convinced by the moral "high ground" guys yet that you have to continue this relationship you don't want to be in. I think NolSinkler's post is very accurate on this matter.

This is coming from a fat guy. I have been rejected by women in the past for my weight, but you know what? I don't call them shallow or feel that they are bad people. I fully understand what their issue is, and it doesn't hurt me at all anymore.

In my opinion, if you really feel the way you say you feel, then you should drop her soon and be honest about it. She's an adult, not a baby.

You're not shallow man, it's not fair to you if you're fit and athletic all the while she's a fatty.