By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube Originals: The greatest hits come to Wii

Oh my Eternal Darkness dream ... I hate you.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Is this forreal?
I think this is one of the smarter moves done as of recent memory.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Hahaha... I thought this would be a suggestion, and I was going to make fun of it...

Even better, though. Lawl at Wiki link.

And lawl at people still falling for it.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Game_boy said:
Right now it's an 11-5 lead to Ignorance. Looks like Intelligence is the underdog this game.

Reminds me of a quote I once saw that struck me as funny.

"Programming is a constant struggle between the programmers trying to create bigger and better idiot proof programs and the Universe creating bigger and better idiots.  So far the Universe is winning." 

This had to be one of the greatest ideas ever conceived by Nintendo. It surely must come from the brain of Miyamoto himself. The unstinting excellence of Nintendo has come to fruition once again. One can surely expect that Microsoft will offer this with their XBox titles. It is likely one of the more inscrutable puzzles as to why Sony is not offering this same kind of service with their PS2 titles vis a vis the 40GB model. The day has finally come when the bootless cries of the unwashed have reached the doorsteps of the lords in Kyoto. Some thought this day would never come, but like to lark at break of day arising, a sweet song has been released from heaven's gate. I blame Wii Fit.

Around the Network

why on earth RE4? I mean didnt that get rereleased? why would you do that?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It looks like the joke's got a hint of truth! Or at least it was Nintendo's plan back in 2006: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/726/726749p1.html

Excerpt:

"The machine is based on GC," said Miyamoto. "We'll be upgrading the development tools, but GameCube code can be used for the most part as is. In that sense, I believe that it would be good to remake GameCube games for Wii, and that some titles would become better with the change to the Wii remote controller."

Best of all, Miyamoto envisages any such remakes will retail at a much lower price to their 'Cube originals, and may even help bring third party support to the system. "Even now," continued Miyamoto, "[GameCube titles] are sold at used shops, so we don't feel we could sell them for full price. However, development costs have been taken care of, so we could probably sell them at a more accessible price. If we make it so that such GC to Wii remakes can be produced quickly, it's possible that many titles will also be released from third parties."

fkusumot said:
This had to be one of the greatest ideas ever conceived by Nintendo. It surely must come from the brain of Miyamoto himself. The unstinting excellence of Nintendo has come to fruition once again. One can surely expect that Microsoft will offer this with their XBox titles. It is likely one of the more inscrutable puzzles as to why Sony is not offering this same kind of service with their PS2 titles vis a vis the 40GB model. The day has finally come when the bootless cries of the unwashed have reached the doorsteps of the lords in Kyoto. Some thought this day would never come, but like to lark at break of day arising, a sweet song has been released from heaven's gate. I blame Wii Fit

Ah those short four words have truly become priceless.  Blame Wii Fit indeed!

I want Luigi mansion 2

so they're remaking GC games for the Wii? Which ones?