By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube Originals: The greatest hits come to Wii

Game_boy said:
nordlead said:
it would have been more believable if you didn't list all 642 games.... but very good effort none the less.

I will admit though, it would be great if they did re-release some of the games that are harder to find. For example, FE9 is ~$45 on e-bay/amazon.

Precisely. I want people to get the point that Nintendo has had PR silence about BC and yet have the best by far of any "next-generation" console. Buy GC games. Play them on your Wii.

They've been quiet because the Gamecube games are coming to the VC at some point.  Iwata just hinted at this in his talk with gamespot.  Basically he threw an idea out about games hitting store shelves first and when they are no longer selling in stores they will come out as a download option.  That way an old game will always be available for purchase.

As for the Gamecube games, they are waiting for the last of the stock in stores to be sold off before launching the Gamecube as a VC option.

Yes the storage issue will come up but we'll know more about that in 2 weeks.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

When I read that, I figured it was an Onion article; it's about on par with their usual sarcasm. See, there's no need to repackage GameCube games, because GameCube discs already run just fine on the Wii! Personally, I thought that was a dead giveaway (along with the lack of any reliable source)... I can't believe so many fell for this...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

To be honest this thread didn't really prove anything =\

I mean it proved that al trusted member could trick other members into believing complete and utter rubbish but it didn't have the clever flamebait appeal of Rols old threads.

DarkNight_DS said:
Game_boy said:
nordlead said:
it would have been more believable if you didn't list all 642 games.... but very good effort none the less.

I will admit though, it would be great if they did re-release some of the games that are harder to find. For example, FE9 is ~$45 on e-bay/amazon.

Precisely. I want people to get the point that Nintendo has had PR silence about BC and yet have the best by far of any "next-generation" console. Buy GC games. Play them on your Wii.

They've been quiet because the Gamecube games are coming to the VC at some point. Iwata just hinted at this in his talk with gamespot. Basically he threw an idea out about games hitting store shelves first and when they are no longer selling in stores they will come out as a download option. That way an old game will always be available for purchase.

As for the Gamecube games, they are waiting for the last of the stock in stores to be sold off before launching the Gamecube as a VC option.

That's ridiculous...GC games are about 1.5 GB each...you would need something like an 80 GB harddrive for that option to be valid.

edit:   I see you mentioned the storage issue.

I still think it's not going to happen though...a harddrive would be great...but for some stupid reason Nintendo will have no part in it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@Ari_Gold... if you read the thread you would have seen I pointed it out.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
DarkNight_DS said:
Game_boy said:
nordlead said:

They've been quiet because the Gamecube games are coming to the VC at some point. Iwata just hinted at this in his talk with gamespot. Basically he threw an idea out about games hitting store shelves first and when they are no longer selling in stores they will come out as a download option. That way an old game will always be available for purchase.

That's ridiculous...GC games are about 1.5 GB each...you would need something like an 80 GB harddrive for that option to be valid.

No kidding eh... whoda thought...

Source? Good for some people if this is true, although I've already got all the Gamecube games that I'm interested in.

What?? You're telling me I've been fooled twice in less then 2 minutes? (So called big RPG announcement for Nintendo fans and now this?) I hate you people!

On the other hand I'm glad that this thread was nothing but a joke, at least my bunch of US GC purchases of lately haven't been for nothing.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

famousringo said:
nordlead said:

Oh, really? SO it wasn't just EB hosing me on the price.

$45 was worth it, anyway.

And I also wouldn't mind seeing some of these GC games get republished. There are a few holes in my collection that need to be filled.

...are you kidding? I got FE9 from toys r us brand-spanking new for $10.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

*~Onna76~* said:

On the other hand I'm glad that this thread was nothing but a joke, at least my bunch of US GC purchases of lately haven't been for nothing.

Thats a lovely way of looking at it   You're one of those glass is always half full kinda people aren't you?