By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube Originals: The greatest hits come to Wii

BenKenobi88 said:

Hehe, now we watch the thread and see how many fall for it...even as I type an obvious sentence like this. It's FAKE!

But yeah...it would be nice if Nintendo released some classics under the Wii banner as a GC classic or something like that...the problem is it's simply hard to find some games because production has stopped and whatnot.

It just shows how many people don't even bother to read the thread before they post!

Around the Network

Crap. I saw the crappy link and just thought he was being funny by saying they would eventually re-release all GC games...lol.

No wonder it sounded so weird.

BenKenobi88 said:
Weird, so it's a regular DVD now?

And I just bought SSBM for $15...hopefully they're $20 so I still saved some money haha.

I hope they really push a lot of games out, and that they sell...it'd be a shame if people continue to miss out on some good GC games. I still need Pikmin 1 and 2.

same here man. Too bad this was all a tasteless joke.

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

ClaudeLv250 said:
famousringo said:
nordlead said:
it would have been more believable if you didn't list all 642 games.... but very good effort none the less.

I will admit though, it would be great if they did re-release some of the games that are harder to find. For example, FE9 is ~$45 on e-bay/amazon.

Oh, really? SO it wasn't just EB hosing me on the price.

$45 was worth it, anyway.

And I also wouldn't mind seeing some of these GC games get republished. There are a few holes in my collection that need to be filled.

...are you kidding? I got FE9 from toys r us brand-spanking new for $10.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from reading this site, it's that US retailers pretty much kick the ass of all other retailers. And that includes US chains operating in Canada.

I don't know how they do it down there, but it must be nice.

(And Fire Emblem was still worth it.) 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

LMAO at everyone who thought it was real.

Around the Network

I should look back for my post where I suggested this months ago :P

Although I suggested putting more than 1 game on a disk.

I already have about 60 of these disks already.
They work great in the Wii. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

famousringo said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
famousringo said:
nordlead said:
it would have been more believable if you didn't list all 642 games.... but very good effort none the less.

I will admit though, it would be great if they did re-release some of the games that are harder to find. For example, FE9 is ~$45 on e-bay/amazon.

Oh, really? SO it wasn't just EB hosing me on the price.

$45 was worth it, anyway.

And I also wouldn't mind seeing some of these GC games get republished. There are a few holes in my collection that need to be filled.

...are you kidding? I got FE9 from toys r us brand-spanking new for $10.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from reading this site, it's that US retailers pretty much kick the ass of all other retailers. And that includes US chains operating in Canada.

Yeah lucky you I have been looking for Fire Emblem for Gamecube over a month know I just have to import from USA

But is Fire Emblem worth 30£ by the way?

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Duke Of Darkness said:
famousringo said:

Yeah lucky you I have been looking for Fire Emblem for Gamecube over a month know I just have to import from USA

But is Fire Emblem worth 30£ by the way?

Put it this way, if you're into the SRPG hotness that is Fire Emblem, then FE 9 is worth just as much as FE 10. So if 30£ is what FE 10 is worth to you, then you might as well pay that much for FE 9. (This is my way of saying that I don't really know what games cost in Europe ;))

Not to suggest that FE 10 doesn't improve on FE 9 in a number of ways, but the two games belong together, and you're likely to enjoy them both very much.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Is a sad joke, but is not a bad idea, Ninty could easily pack two games in one DVD and sell them like classics:

Pikmin + Pikmin 2
Metroid Prime + Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Super Mario Sunshine + Mario Kar DD
RE Zero + REmake

The remian space could be filled with videos from the Wii games, etc...

Etc, oh well is a shame I guess, now let`s wait for the downloads...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."