By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you think the Xbox One Will still sell 1 billion Units?

Will it?

Hell yea! 42 14.79%

uhhh not happening 119 41.90%

well maybe.. if the Xbox one was free 123 43.31%

Total:284

To be fair, I believe MS said that all of the consoles combined next gen would reach that number.

Either way, not happening.

Around the Network

Infinite Power of Cloud can make that happen.

the quote was 1billion consoles combined i think it will go like that, 100mill X1, 100mill PS4, 15mill wii U, 120 steam box and a shit load Ouya

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

JusSayian said:

Is this a joke or you guys are just this stupid? They were talking about all systems not just the Xbox one -_- 

Even for all systems 1 billion is a pretty laughable estimate. The combined sales of the DS, PSP, PS3, 360 and Wii are less than half a billion. You really think we are going to double a generation in which all 5 of the leading systems sold pretty huge numbers?

Yep, because Bill Gates is going to buy 990,000,000 units just to be able to say "I told you so".

Around the Network

Of course. Anything is possible with XBox. Just look at what has happened so far.

archbrix said:
Yep, because Bill Gates is going to buy 990,000,000 units just to be able to say "I told you so".

bill gates doesn't have enough money for that. what a poor guy!

Netyaroze said:
realistically I think we can expect MS will sell xbox one consoles thats pretty sure. But since the NES I came to expect the unexpected with consoles.

Its really hard to tell where the xbox one will end up but this number is so out of the realistic spectrum its not even funny. I predict 20-200 Million for Xbox one.

Pretty broad prediction there. 

Do one billion people even game lol

The 1 billion units estimate is coming from the same marketing department that thought Surface tablets would sell well. They didn't. Microsoft lost 900 million dollars on Surface.

Realistically, including returns, damaged units, and all the other stuff, Microsoft will probably want to make 100 million units lifetime. Of that, at most 90 million will be unit sales, more likely 70 and quite possibly 50. Even if the XB1 were free like the poll suggests, the market for consoles is only about 200 million consumers wordlwide. A free console might triple that but no more.