By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you think the Xbox One Will still sell 1 billion Units?

Will it?

Hell yea! 42 14.79%

uhhh not happening 119 41.90%

well maybe.. if the Xbox one was free 123 43.31%

Total:284

No. Not possible.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

I think this thread is a joke...

microsoft never said that. they had a sheet for the whole next gen where they believe in 380m consoles sold and i think they believe that if google and/or apple will also release some devices for the tv with which you can play games and do other stuff (mutlimedia boxes) the market could be 1 billion. maybe even something like "gaming tablets" included which they think will come and succeed.

really no clue why people think that microsoft ever said that they will sell 1billion?

€dit:

""We think you can go broader than a game console, that's our aim, and you can go from 400 million to potentially upwards of a billion units. That's how we're thinking of the Xbox opportunity as we go forward."

what he means with this is that experts believe gaming consoles will sell 400m but you can have devices which aren't only gaming consoles like the xbox one which is more a multimedia machine which can play the same games and do also many other stuff and this market can be 1 billion big.

Uhm no, thats almost impossible.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

*snicker*....*ahem*...*snicker*..hehehe..hehehehe...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

NO! I don't how that is possible for any of the big 3....lol MS/Sony/Ninty would have to do something like:

*at local hospital*
Doctor: Congratulations!!! it's a girl/boy
Nurse: instead a blanket your baby will be coming home with a console of your choice!!!

-you get multiple console if you have twins or more :p

Around the Network

They did not actually say what you are saying that they said. They did however say that next generation could see upwards of 1 billion home consoles sold (or something to that effect).

But in either case, the answer is a resounding no.

yo_john117 said:
They did not actually say what you are saying that they said. They did however say that next generation could see upwards of 1 billion home consoles sold (or something to that effect).

But in either case, the answer is a resounding no.

just checked it, they believe in 385m consoles. this sheet was i believe release the same day the microsoft guy was talking about 1 billion:

but the guy said that if you don't only look at consoles and go broader than that (since xb1 is also more than that) the market could even reach 1 billion. with that he probably meant possible android and ios devices for the tv which can play games, movies and whatever else...he can obviously not say "if apple or samsung will also release a device for the tv which plays games the market will be much bigger"

Did they mean Console + Games + Downloads + Music and Video+ Accessories?

Otherwise that sounds like the oral version of a typo.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

To clarify MSFT did not say they expect X1 to sell 1 billion. They said they expect the gaming industry to grow and sell 1 billion. This would include all consoles. X1/PS4/WiiU/3DS/PSV. And they may even be including 7th gen if they are still selling as we dont know what consoles they were including.

Is this a joke or you guys are just this stupid? They were talking about all systems not just the Xbox one -_-