By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 surpassing total sells of XBOX360

Branko, I agree with you. But what matters to developers its GAMES sells and not Blu-ray sells.

Regarding "great game lineup" I'm only waiting for KILZONE 2, but this changes from person to person.

This is a war that is far from being won by anyone.

Wish list:

-KILLZONE 2 (PS3)
-GOW 2 (360)
-Silent Hill 5 (multi)
-Resident Evil 5 (multi)
-Alone in the Dark 5 (multi)

Around the Network

Another nice new:

Alone in the Dark 5 gets delayed for PS3:

Featuring a gripping story, design inspired by contemporary TV action dramas, and original gameplay based on real world rules physics, Eden Games’ action survival opus Alone in the Dark is scheduled for release in May 2008 for Xbox 360, PC, Wii and PlayStation 2, with the PlayStation 3 version following later in 2008.

http://centraldark.com/

I guess I'm going to get it for 360..... LOL!

Wish list:

-KILLZONE 2 (PS3)
-GOW 2 (360)
-Silent Hill 5 (multi)
-Resident Evil 5 (multi)
-Alone in the Dark 5 (360)

LOL!

TheRealMafoo said:
disolitude said:
TheRealMafoo said:
ikilledkenny said:
@realmafoo
Wii is competing with the HD consoles. All 3 are still dedicated home gaming machines. PC is seperate since gaming is not its primary function.

Welcome to VGCHARTZ Black RL. Though I think that your analysis is flawed, since a system does not always sell the same amount each week, I agree with your thinking that PS3 will overtake 360 in around 3 years as well.

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that was the criteria. I guess the winning consoles at the moment than is the PS2, as it's still on the market and meets your definition.

So when will the Wii outsells the PS2 should be the question.

Does sony send you a check every month for posting here?

Yes, I got the same deal MadSkillz got from MS. Sadly, he makes a lot more money then I do ;)

Ha ha ha ... I have to love the personal attack - even when time and time again I have told you my stance. It's not my fault that Sony has fluster cucked gamers by selling them a Blu Ray player that can *play* video games.

You don't seem to even care about the Wii I purchased as well. SDF really loves your efforts - keep up the good work, Foo. And btw - maybe you are jacking my $$$$ from MS cause I ain't seen it yet.

You phail, buddy.

OT - I still say the numbers don't lie. A 7M deficit is NOT passing the 360. Wake me up when they cut the lead in half. *Yawn* ... 

madskillz said:

OT - I still say the numbers don't lie. A 7M deficit is NOT passing the 360. Wake me up when they cut the lead in half. *Yawn* ...

LololoLOLOLOLOLololOLOLOLOLololololoLOLOLOOLOLOLOloololooloLOLOL!

Black RL said:
Branko, I agree with you. But what matters to developers its GAMES sells and not Blu-ray sells.

Regarding "great game lineup" I'm only waiting for KILZONE 2, but this changes from person to person.

This is a war that is far from being won by anyone.

Wish list:

-KILLZONE 2 (PS3)
-GOW 2 (360)
-Silent Hill 5 (multi)
-Resident Evil 5 (multi)
-Alone in the Dark 5 (multi)

This is the list I'm waiting for pretty much as well. I'd add MGS4 and Allan Wake to that...

So realistcally I'll have to buy PS3 sometime in 2009 when Killzone and MGS4 are done. Come on sony, lets get some price cuts in there by then... :)

Around the Network

sony fanboys, if you are so certain that sony will dominate the way you are saying then put your money where your mouth is. buy their stock. make yourselves rich. I bought stock in microsoft today. nintendo is a great stock, but its already so expensive.

disolitude said:

This is the list I'm waiting for pretty much as well. I'd add MGS4 and Allan Wake to that...

So realistcally I'll have to buy PS3 sometime in 2009 when Killzone and MGS4 are done. Come on sony, lets get some price cuts in there by then... :)

there will most likely be more price cuts and thats when i might get a ps3

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

disolitude, one thing is for shure, in electronics prices only have one way to go, and that is DOWN!

My PS3 was offered to me, but if I had to buy it, I should buy it by the time KILLZONE 2 is out, before that nothing really important happens.

Alan Wake.... Good, good!

I guess you like survival horror games like me, I have something for you, check:

-Dead Space

;)

ripper said:
sony fanboys, if you are so certain that sony will dominate the way you are saying then put your money where your mouth is. buy their stock. make yourselves rich. I bought stock in microsoft today. nintendo is a great stock, but its already so expensive.

Nintendo stock hasn't been doing too well this year. Granted that is mostly due to dismal predictions about the future of the US economy.

Jandre002 said:

If your older than 11 then I will proceed to tear you apart (no homo). If your younger than 11, good work doing all that research and putting together an argument that would be valid if every month of the year was January.

What if he is exactly 11?  What will you do then?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp