Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 surpassing total sells of XBOX360

naznatips said:
disolitude stop trolling. Just because you don't like PS3 games doesn't give you the right to say no one else does.

You missed my point. What started as a joke thread has become a heated discussion largly thanks to PS3 fans yelling at Black RL...

I will buy a PS3 this year (mgs4 pending) but too many people here are up and arms about PS3 selling this much that week. Must mean they have nothing to play no? 



Around the Network
disolitude said:
naznatips said:
disolitude stop trolling. Just because you don't like PS3 games doesn't give you the right to say no one else does.

You missed my point. What started as a joke thread has become a heated discussion largly thanks to PS3 fans yelling at Black RL...

I will buy a PS3 this year (mgs4 pending) but too many people here are up and arms about PS3 selling this much that week. Must mean they have nothing to play no? 


 the fact that people were saying that the PS3 was doomed a couple of months ago is PS3 owners are saying this now, plus it has been outselling the 360 for a while, but this is the second biggest advantage they have had in a week for a while



MGS4, Jakuza3, Disgaea3, DMC4, WKS, FFXIII, GT5, Tekken6, Soul Calibur4, Eternal Sonata, Lost Planet, Armored Core, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean4/RE5(maybe 2009), Naruto, Silent Hill 5, Last Remnant, AC6, Valkyrie, KH3(ps3/wii) and etc.

THAT is how many japanese oriented games expected to come in 2008 on PS3. And THESE are only announced in developement.

Now compare THAT to 2007 japanese oriented games.
Japan alone could make around 80k weekly outselling with spikes durign BIG games releases.
All, it`s needed, ps3 to outsel x360 with combined usa/europe numbers. =]
100k = 70 weeks.



Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.


Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

 

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
naznatips said:
disolitude stop trolling. Just because you don't like PS3 games doesn't give you the right to say no one else does.

You missed my point. What started as a joke thread has become a heated discussion largly thanks to PS3 fans yelling at Black RL...

I will buy a PS3 this year (mgs4 pending) but too many people here are up and arms about PS3 selling this much that week. Must mean they have nothing to play no? 


 the fact that people were saying that the PS3 was doomed a couple of months ago is PS3 owners are saying this now, plus it has been outselling the 360 for a while, but this is the second biggest advantage they have had in a week for a while


So you're saying they are just rubbing it in for the slack they got 6 month ago form Xbox owners?



disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
naznatips said:
disolitude stop trolling. Just because you don't like PS3 games doesn't give you the right to say no one else does.

You missed my point. What started as a joke thread has become a heated discussion largly thanks to PS3 fans yelling at Black RL...

I will buy a PS3 this year (mgs4 pending) but too many people here are up and arms about PS3 selling this much that week. Must mean they have nothing to play no? 


 the fact that people were saying that the PS3 was doomed a couple of months ago is PS3 owners are saying this now, plus it has been outselling the 360 for a while, but this is the second biggest advantage they have had in a week for a while


So you're saying they are just rubbing it in for the slack they got 6 month ago form Xbox owners?


then it were the wii owners

a hunter always looks for weaker prey



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Jandre002 said:

Before I smack you around with 1,000,000 reasons why your analysis is pointless and stupid, how old are you? If your older than 11 then I will proceed to tear you apart (no homo). If your younger than 11, good work doing all that research and putting together an argument that would be valid if every month of the year was January.


Two things. First, calm down, everyone has opinions. You can discuss things without insulting him. Second, whatever "no homo" is, I'm relatively certain it's offensive to homosexuals, so don't use it again.



Black RL said:

Hello;

Here is something for you guys to think:

TODAY:

360 - 16.820.000

PS3 - 9.760.000

Gap = 7.060.000

PS3 now (I don't know tomorrow) sells, let's say, 45.000 more weekly consoles:

Japan - 30.000

Other - 15.000

TO CLOSE THE GAP IT TAKES:

7.060.000 / 45.000 = 156.8888889 Weeks

156.8888889 x 7 = 1098.222222 Days

1098.222222 / 365 = 3.008828005 Years

 

So it will take PS3 3 years to close the gap

 

 


 At least the PS3 is closing the gap, when the PS2 launched before the Xbox1the gap kept growing and growing and growing... lol

 



PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

 

I'm still leaning on the PS3 outselling the 360 by Fall/Winter 2008



PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453
 

@ ssj12, personally I see that as optimistic, I don't think it can be done that quickly, I would go for mid 09



godf said:
Microsoft are more likely to drop prices this year than sony.

I wouldn't be surprised if the two consoles sold arround equal ammounts this year; and after that? Who knows. I don't see the PS3 overtaking the 360 in the next 18 months though. That would need 360 sales to really dry up, and PS3 sales to rapidly expand. If that looked like happening, microsoft would definatly drop prices.

Sony is more likely to drop prices. It’s still priced higher then what I think they wanted to sell it for originally. Once they can do that and not take a loss, they will drop the price, regardless of sales and what MS does.

 

If MS is going to drop the price, it’s because they have to (sales slump or Sony drops there). Remember everyone; every MS price cut was due to a move Sony made, not the other way around.

 

Sony is going to drop the price regardless. Once it hit’s 299, they will only drop the price for reactionary reasons.