By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 surpassing total sells of XBOX360

TheRealMafoo said:
ikilledkenny said:
@realmafoo
Wii is competing with the HD consoles. All 3 are still dedicated home gaming machines. PC is seperate since gaming is not its primary function.

Welcome to VGCHARTZ Black RL. Though I think that your analysis is flawed, since a system does not always sell the same amount each week, I agree with your thinking that PS3 will overtake 360 in around 3 years as well.

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that was the criteria. I guess the winning consoles at the moment than is the PS2, as it's still on the market and meets your definition.

So when will the Wii outsells the PS2 should be the question.

Does sony send you a check every month for posting here?

Around the Network
disolitude said:
TheRealMafoo said:
ikilledkenny said:
@realmafoo
Wii is competing with the HD consoles. All 3 are still dedicated home gaming machines. PC is seperate since gaming is not its primary function.

Welcome to VGCHARTZ Black RL. Though I think that your analysis is flawed, since a system does not always sell the same amount each week, I agree with your thinking that PS3 will overtake 360 in around 3 years as well.

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that was the criteria. I guess the winning consoles at the moment than is the PS2, as it's still on the market and meets your definition.

Yes, I got the same deal MadSkillz got from MS. Sadly, he makes a lot more money then I do ;)

TheRealMafoo said:
disolitude said:
TheRealMafoo said:
ikilledkenny said:
@realmafoo

Yes, I got the same deal MadSkillz got from MS. Sadly, he makes a lot more money then I do ;)

LOL! Right on dude...

@TheRealMafoo, lol, +100, Respect! =))
That was NICE PWNAGE. =)))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

TheRealMafoo said:
disolitude said:
TheRealMafoo said:
ikilledkenny said:
@realmafoo

i get lots of $$ from Ninty!!!

Around the Network

Let's keep the thread as "on-track" as possible guys...that was uncalled for disolitude.  TheRealMafoo and Crazzyman too...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Hello again!

Here is something more for you guys to think:

1-VGChartz: Do you like civil discussions? Are you looking for a place where you can share your opinions without getting attacked by rabid fanboys? If the answer is no then come and join up!

2-Devil May Cry 4 looks better on 360 than PS3 (uh, oh, lazy developers!)

2-Turok looks better on 360 than PS3 (uh, oh, THAT lazy developers!)

3-GTA4 has exclusive downloadable on 360 (uh, oh, M$ has lots of money to spent! YEAH! You got that right!)

4-Too Human is on PS3! Errrrr.... Wait! It's on 360!

5-Same for Gears of War 2

6-Same for Halo Wars

7-Same for Alan Wake

8-PS3 is about to get cracked, if people now buy few games, I want to see what's going to happen. Is SONY going to ban people from their PSN service? If not, developers are going to bet even more in 360

9-HOME, that gay experience for no lifers isn't going to save PS3. You already have second life for free. Anyway, I advise you to go out in real life with real friends and real women

10-PSN is mostly used by kids that haven't money to pay for LIVE

11-Maybe the PS3 can be saved by KILLZONE 2, ahhhh.... But I guess only in 20?? because the game gets layed, ah, I mean DELAYED all the time!

12-Anyway, if you ppl like it more:

Let's say 100.000 more weekly PS3 sold, to close the gap:
7.060.000 / 100.000 = 70.6 Weeks
70.6 x 7 = 494.2 Days
494.2 / 365 = 1.353972603 Years
It will take 1 year and 3 months! Ahhhh.... Wait! What's going to happen in 1/2 years?
Ah! I remember now! 360 Will be blowing 4/5 candles and a new console it's just around the corner!
Now what SONY? What's going to happen to your 10 years lifecicle?

13-Don't you just LOVE to see kids killing each other over a piece of MADE IN CHINA plastic? (Go! Check your controller(s) and your console(s)!)

Today I'm going to play Uncharted or Mass Effect, both are ok!

@ topic )

and it will take the "ps3 won't catch up"-faction about 11 more month to realize ,that in holiday season 10~20% more PS3 sold means ,that the gap drastically shrinks

ONE MORE TIME:

12-Anyway, if you ppl like it more:

Let's say 100.000 more weekly PS3 sold, to close the gap:
7.060.000 / 100.000 = 70.6 Weeks
70.6 x 7 = 494.2 Days
494.2 / 365 = 1.353972603 Years
It will take 1 year and 3 months! Ahhhh.... Wait! What's going to happen in 1/2 years?
Ah! I remember now! 360 Will be blowing 4/5 candles and a new console it's just around the corner!
Now what SONY? What's going to happen to your 10 years lifecicle?

Are you seing that I put 100.000 more? Do you honestly believe in this?

It's simply a matter of when not if. I believe bluray being declared the winner of the format war alone will give the ps3 a huge boost not even counting the great game lineup and inevitable price drops.