By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Wii passes 100m units!

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
shut many mouths? Most people didnt doubt the WIi would get ot a million, hell some people were predicting 200 mil at one point, if anything it should have reached this number a while ago.

it shut mouths saying it was gonna fail to the almighty ps360 competition. funny how that turned out.

fair enough, it also shut the mouths of people who were saying it would beat PS2 and even one, so i guess it shut mouths all around

back in 2010 the wii was quite above the ps2 in aligned launches. now we know it may or may not pass PS in total sales but at that time those predictions were fair.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Agreed, weren't for me either. It's still my favorite system from the time.

My favourite Nintendo console.

well deserved!! : )

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
shut many mouths? Most people didnt doubt the WIi would get ot a million, hell some people were predicting 200 mil at one point, if anything it should have reached this number a while ago.

it shut mouths saying it was gonna fail to the almighty ps360 competition. funny how that turned out.

fair enough, it also shut the mouths of people who were saying it would beat PS2 and even one, so i guess it shut mouths all around

back in 2010 the wii was quite above the ps2 in aligned launches. now we know it may or may not pass PS in total sales but at that time those predictions were fair.

whether they were fair or not doesnt really matter, they were no more fair than people saying it WOULDNT pass PS2. All that matters is their predictions were wrong.

First non Sony's home console to achieve 100m+, that's a great milestone.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
I remember the first days of the revolution. I am so happy Nintendo hit this one out of the park, the cube days were tough.

GRATZ!

were they? speak for yourself they werent tough for me and a few people i know.

I am speaking for myself. Plus, I was saying it from the point of view of a Nintendo fan, which you and CGI and company are not.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
I remember the first days of the revolution. I am so happy Nintendo hit this one out of the park, the cube days were tough.

GRATZ!

were they? speak for yourself they werent tough for me and a few people i know.

I am speaking for myself. Plus, I was saying it from the point of view of a Nintendo fan, which you and CGI and company are not.

So buying Ninty products doesnt make you a fan? Yeah that makes alot of sense. Ive owned their last three consoles, Wii U notwithstanding and at least one version of every portable they made. Not a fan, please.

I'm more impressed in how it has the best like 4 of the best selling games....ever

oniyide said:

So buying Ninty products doesnt make you a fan? Yeah that makes alot of sense. Ive owned their last three consoles, Wii U notwithstanding and at least one version of every portable they made. Not a fan, please.

Not like I am, you aren't. For me, who owned only a gamecube,  who was primarily a Nintendo fan more than anything else, it was tough to see all the 3rd party games being made for a non-Nintendo console, and to see a lot of people spitting on the console, despite its great games. To see a game like Metroid Prime not being played by people just because it was on a Nintendo console while a game like Halo was hugely popular. (for example)

It was a really tough time to be a Nintendo fan back then. You don't know how it was, because you weren't in that position, no matter how many Nintendo consoles you bought.

Edit: And losing rare.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

Not like I am, you aren't. For me, who owned only a gamecube,  who was primarily a Nintendo fan more than anything else, it was tough to see all the 3rd party games being made for a non-Nintendo console, and to see a lot of people spitting on the console, despite its great games.

It was a really tough time to be a Nintendo fan back then. You don't know how it was, because you weren't in that position, no matter how many Nintendo consoles you bought.

you're more than a fan, you're a zeolot, im sorry but my days of getting emotionally attached to a video game company died when i hit puberty, now if you still have that problem, i feel a little bad for you. All I care about is if it delivers to me. It wasnt a tough time because I DIDNT and still dont care about how much a console sells as long as it got good games, and the GC at least for me did, a whole bunch. So as a Ninty fan it wasnt a dark time unless you didnt like the games(understandable) or you just dont like to see your fav company get beat up, and if its the latter. Then thats just sad for an adult. :(

Oh FYI yeah a bunch of people spat on the console? So what? Did you cry about it? Pathetic, they just missed out is all.