By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Wii passes 100m units!

oniyide said:

you're more than a fan, you're a zeolot, im sorry but my days of getting emotionally attached to a video game company died when i hit puberty, now if you still have that problem, i feel a little bad for you. All I care about is if it delivers to me. It wasnt a tough time because I DIDNT and still dont care about how much a console sells as long as it got good games, and the GC at least for me did, a whole bunch. So as a Ninty fan it wasnt a dark time unless you didnt like the games(understandable) or you just dont like to see your fav company get beat up, and if its the latter. Then thats just sad for an adult. :(

Oh FYI yeah a bunch of people spat on the console? So what? Did you cry about it? Pathetic, they just missed out is all.

You're being weird. I didn't like that my fav console got beat up in popularity in sales because I grew up in an era where Nintendo dominated and that domination allowed them to be influenced positively by the industry, and for the industry to be positively affected by them. And so, I got to enjoy Nintendo and Nintendo-like 3rd party games. That ended with the Playstation. When the Wii did well, I was happy again. The cube had great games, but they were few and far between. I would have prefered the cube enjoy the popularity the Wii did, for more than one reason (community, sharing common interests with people rather than hearing bashing, etc. etc.)

So I liked the games, but the environment of the console could have been much better. I'm sure sunshine wouldn't have turned into a piece of thematic garbage had Nintendo been in a better place.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

I'm as much a Nintendo fan as the next person that supports them and buys their products. Don't minimize simply because it's your preference.

No, I was a Nintendo-only owner for most of my life. I was with them till the bitter end. I'm pretty sure you were more than supplied by other consoles when you needed it. All I wanted was Nintendo.

So we're different in that way, and for people like me, those were tough times.

One...hundred...million.

MILLION!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Nintendo releases the new figures today... so we will get the confirmation.

CGI-Quality said:

Well, they have a name for that, which I won't use because it's not in me. However, at best, you're just making the assumption that you are/were "more of" something than someone else, based really on nothing more than "I owned more than you", which I don't think is reasonable nor sensible.

Then again, I don't live my life so attached to a company that it hinders anything meaningful, so perhaps you're right.

Indeed, the history of Nintendo is important to me. That's why I consider myself a dedicated fan. I read books on the company, I've been on this forum tracking their evolution and dealing with dissappointments as well, so yes like I said those were tough times for some of us and we are different.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

you're more than a fan, you're a zeolot, im sorry but my days of getting emotionally attached to a video game company died when i hit puberty, now if you still have that problem, i feel a little bad for you. All I care about is if it delivers to me. It wasnt a tough time because I DIDNT and still dont care about how much a console sells as long as it got good games, and the GC at least for me did, a whole bunch. So as a Ninty fan it wasnt a dark time unless you didnt like the games(understandable) or you just dont like to see your fav company get beat up, and if its the latter. Then thats just sad for an adult. :(

Oh FYI yeah a bunch of people spat on the console? So what? Did you cry about it? Pathetic, they just missed out is all.

You're being weird. I didn't like that my fav console got beat up in popularity in sales because I grew up in an era where Nintendo dominated and that domination allowed them to be influenced positively by the industry, and for the industry to be positively affected by them. And so, I got to enjoy Nintendo and Nintendo-like 3rd party games. That ended with the Playstation. When the Wii did well, I was happy again. The cube had great games, but they were few and far between. I would have prefered the cube enjoy the popularity the Wii did, for more than one reason (community, sharing common interests with people rather than hearing bashing, etc. etc.)

So I liked the games, but the environment of the console could have been much better. I'm sure sunshine wouldn't have turned into a piece of thematic garbage had Nintendo been in a better place.

youve been getting emotional over Ninty the past few days and im the weird one? sounds legit.

I grew up in an era where Ninty dominated too, we might be around the same age. So what? HOw does that affect US? it doesnt, we dont loose anything if one company beats another. DOnt know about you, but my feelings arent hurt if someone craps on GC cause its a machine, its not my mother. Cube had good games that were few and far in between? not for me. I always had something to play, more than I can say for WIi, but thats me. Honestly i never really gave a damn about community and common interests, that doesnt hurt the important thing; the games. So thats not really important. THe games will be the same no matter who says what.

Again doesnt matter at the end the games would have been the same, dont know where you;re getting that sunshine info from. thats just wishful thinking

happydolphin said:
CGI-Quality said:

I'm as much a Nintendo fan as the next person that supports them and buys their products. Don't minimize simply because it's your preference.

No, I was a Nintendo-only owner for most of my life. I was with them till the bitter end. I'm pretty sure you were more than supplied by other consoles when you needed it. All I wanted was Nintendo.

Well isnt that kind of your own fault for willfully limiting your own gaming selection?

And that's what makes us different. The community is very important for me. We're different like that, that's all.

oniyide said:

happydolphin said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well isnt that kind of your own fault for willfully limiting your own gaming selection?

It's nothing I'm ashamed of, it was my choice as a Nintendo fan. I am free to express that difficulty for me at that time, yeah?

If not, just let me know.

happydolphin said:

And that's what makes us different. The community is very important for me. We're different like that, that's all.

oniyide said:

happydolphin said:
CGI-Quality said:

It's nothing I'm ashamed of, it was my choice as a Nintendo fan. I am free to express that difficulty for me at that time, yeah?

If not, just let me know.

no, we just trying to understand most of us left that train of thought back in grade school, but hey to each his own, good luck with that. Hopefully sales of Wii u pick up so you dont have a meltdown and get banned again.

Actually NVM watching people have meltdowns is fun.

oniyide said:

no, we just trying to understand most of us left that train of thought back in grade school, but hey to each his own, good luck with that. Hopefully sales of Wii u pick up so you dont have a meltdown and get banned again.

Actually NVM watching people have meltdowns is fun.

None of what you're saying is really nice. It's my choice as a person to endear a company, to the point of wanting only what it offers. I'm not sure how that makes me infantile but if that's your approach by all means.