By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Next Super Smash Bros. Won't Have a Deep Story Mode/Cutscenes (But will have a Single Player Campaign mode)

Tagged games:

Are you disappointed with the announcement?

Yes - liked having a storyline and cutscenes 85 53.46%

No - I dont care 74 46.54%

Total:159

Doesn't really bum me out. It would have been nice to have though.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

By far the dumbest reasoning i've ever heard

Because of spoilers??

Really? REALLY, Nintendo?

.....Spoilers?

Whatever..

Eh....doesn't really bother me. The one thing I hope they DO NOT do (again) is skimp out out of the intro (for this reason or I'll be disappointed again). SSB intro was unique, SSBM intro was different too, but SSBB was lackluster since it was just a mish mash of clips from the Sub Space Emissary.

KylieDog said:

Not a story mode without cutscenes.  Without the cutscenes is just a long winded versus/arcade mode.

Games without cutscenes =/= no story?

I never liked the Subspace Emissary, always thought it was dumb. Don't mind this at all.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

This is a bad thing? SSE was easily the weakest aspect to Brawl, and I'm sure it its part of the reason why Brawl had such a prolonged dev period. I play a game to PLAY it, not WATCH it play its self. Keep it simple, its better that way. Most hours were plugged away playing the VS mode any way, and I know I'm not alone in that.

Trim the bloat, focus on the content and balancing of the characters. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

KylieDog said:
MDMAlliance said:

I doubt you read all of the posts in a forum and only look at certain ones that you want to call out. 

It's already been posted here than the new Smash Bros WILL have a "story mode."  Just not SSE.

Not a story mode without cutscenes.  Without the cutscenes is just a long winded versus/arcade mode.

You really would come up with just about anything just to make it seem like you aren't wrong.

KylieDog said:
MDMAlliance said:
KylieDog said:

You really would come up with just about anything just to make it seem like you aren't wrong.

Yes, anything, like the truth.

Are you seriously saying SSE was the highlight of Brawl for you? That you spent most of your time in that mode? That SSE fulfilled your high standards when it comes to single player experiences?

Signature goes here!

Red4ADevil said:
Eh....doesn't really bother me. The one thing I hope they DO NOT do (again) is skimp out out of the intro (for this reason or I'll be disappointed again). SSB intro was unique, SSBM intro was different too, but SSBB was lackluster since it was just a mish mash of clips from the Sub Space Emissary.

Nice. I thought I was one of the few who diasappointingly noticed there was no real intro cutscene in Brawl as well. Great to hear somewhere else enjoyed those in 64 and Melee. What if it turned out to be same E3 trailer? lol Would still better than Brawl's though.

Sucks that cutscene are cut off just because of spoilers. I mean Let's Plays are up and they cover a game's entire gameplay. But if it leads to shorter developer time and better multiplayer then that's a good trade off. I do hope they have an adventure mode like Subspace where you can unlock a lot of the characters in just a couple of hours. But maybe that makes the game less satisfying. The option would be nice to have though.

The cutscenes were pretty, but the whole SSE probably didn't make up 5% of my play time with the game. Though I'll say, while it may not have been the highlight of the game, having it as an extra option was nice. I'm curious to know what they're gonna have instead.

I hope they have as much content as Brawl, like all those trophies/figurines, pics, soundtracks/remixes...etc. All that good stuff. Sometimes I would just spend hours at a time going through all the extra content. The music from various older games was an awesome inclusion.