By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Next Super Smash Bros. Won't Have a Deep Story Mode/Cutscenes (But will have a Single Player Campaign mode)

Tagged games:

Are you disappointed with the announcement?

Yes - liked having a storyline and cutscenes 85 53.46%

No - I dont care 74 46.54%

Total:159

Good, what a waste of ressources the Sub Space whatever was !

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
Ljink96 said:
Well Sakurai, we have seen the Villager, Megaman, and Wii Fit cutscenes online already!

I would have loved another Subspace with stages based of of character worlds but whatever. As long as there is some kind of single player experience. I can't play Free For All all the time Sakurai. I think we won't get the cutscenes because 3DS can't handle it.

No, Sakurai said that those cutscenes will be in the game.  I also don't get what's up with "3DS can't handle it."  You could actually watch those cutscenes on the 3DS through the eShop.

I know 3DS can handle cutscenes but the question is, how many? If I'm not mistaken most 3DS cards are 2GB. But if Sakurai said that all the cutscenes will be availiable then more power to him. The Wii U is being based off of the 3DS version since the 3DS version was the first one to come to Sakurai's mind. So when the 3DS version has reached full capacity so will the WiiU version since he "wanted them to be the same game".

Thats a dumb excuse for not putting in cutscenes.

Its really about not wanting to spend too much money/time.

I think it's an odd motive, but a believable one. Sakurai's an odd guy when it comes to game design; very opinionated, very peculiar.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

attaboy said:
MDMAlliance said:
oniyide said:
MDMAlliance said:
RenderMonk said:
@ MDMAlliance

I meant the game devs, not specifically Nintendo. Just saying Nintendo as a general term, as all their games suffer from this similar developmental hell. They just can't produce the games in a timely fashion. That is the essence of what I'm saying.

Nintendo games go through lots of polishing, and due to their habits they tend to keep extending deadlines so that nothing is horribly wrong when the game releases.  I think it's a good practice, because I'd rather have a game late than a game that isn't promised to have at least been polished.

DOnt think Brawl's online mode got the memo

To be honest, I have never used Brawl's online mode.  However, I did use Kid Icarus: Uprising's online and I think it works great.  So... I dunno.

I've never used Brawl's online mode, either....because I could never get an online match to connect.  The few times I tried, I just wound up punching a bag for a really long time.

Mario Kart Wii's online was superb, though.

thats my point to both of you. it was so bad you can barely find matches and when you did it was a lag fest. Imagine if they didnt waste time on CGs and subspace crap how much better it would have been. As for the other games, nothing to do with Brawl. 

Around the Network

They should either go full out with cutscenes or not bother at all. I really, really disliked Subspace Emissary. I had no idea what was going on (the lack of voice acting helped with that) and it just seemed like a bunch of barely-related scenes put together for the sake of having it there. So if they're ditching it altogether; that's a very good move in my eyes.

Ljink96 said:
MDMAlliance said:
Ljink96 said:
Well Sakurai, we have seen the Villager, Megaman, and Wii Fit cutscenes online already!

I would have loved another Subspace with stages based of of character worlds but whatever. As long as there is some kind of single player experience. I can't play Free For All all the time Sakurai. I think we won't get the cutscenes because 3DS can't handle it.

No, Sakurai said that those cutscenes will be in the game.  I also don't get what's up with "3DS can't handle it."  You could actually watch those cutscenes on the 3DS through the eShop.

I know 3DS can handle cutscenes but the question is, how many? If I'm not mistaken most 3DS cards are 2GB. But if Sakurai said that all the cutscenes will be availiable then more power to him. The Wii U is being based off of the 3DS version since the 3DS version was the first one to come to Sakurai's mind. So when the 3DS version has reached full capacity so will the WiiU version since he "wanted them to be the same game".

The 3DS can handle cartridges of up to 8GB, that's the same size as a Dual-Layer Wii Disk. Theorethically the 3DS should be able to handle about the same amount of cutscenes as SSBB had.

I love how the internet is overreacting, again. Cause it's Nintendo. People acting like story mode is the biggest reason for having Smash Bros. He never said there isn't a singleplayer. He said, it isn't cutscene based cause he wants to surprise gamers.

Ljink96 said:
MDMAlliance said:
Ljink96 said:

The 3DS cartridge wouldn't reach full capacity.  http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24569 Cartridges can go up to 8GB.

edit: Also, Resident Evil: Revelations was larger than 2GB.

pezus said:
I think the real reason is that they were out of time.

With a 12 month release window and with what we've seen so far, I doubt that. But you never know, ofcourse.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.