By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Next Super Smash Bros. Won't Have a Deep Story Mode/Cutscenes (But will have a Single Player Campaign mode)

Tagged games:

Are you disappointed with the announcement?

Yes - liked having a storyline and cutscenes 85 53.46%

No - I dont care 74 46.54%

Total:159
attaboy said:
That was my favorite part of SSB on the Wii. I really suck at multi-player. I love Nintendo and Brawl was like a love letter to Nintendo with all of the content. Looks like there's one less reason for me to be hyped up for the game.

you could, i dont know...not suck.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Spazzy_D said:
I'm going to say it again: it's a good thing if they are not focusing on an in depth story mode. I liked Melee's adventure mode fine, and with less focus on something like sub space maybe we will get things like individual break the targets back, which would be awesome. At the end of the day, if they spend 90% of their time on character roster, stages, items, and online modes I couldn't be happier.

im with you, did the subspace crap really cause delays and take up that much space? Wow if I needed any more reasons to be letdown by that game.

the reasons are silly, maybe they cant pull off the CG for 3DS so they are just gonna not do it. Im actually happy, subspace emmisary was terrible, long and boring. the cutscenes...likewise, I dont give a damn how pretty they were, but it doesnt mean anything without context. It was just a bunch of random crap strung together by a barely their story. good riddance, now focus on not having crap online

There would be no reason they can't pull off the CG for the 3DS.  Just look at Resident Evil: Revelations' CG scenes.  

I just only hope they don't pull a "maze". I'd be more than happy with a mode like the one in Melee.

oniyide said:
attaboy said:
That was my favorite part of SSB on the Wii. I really suck at multi-player. I love Nintendo and Brawl was like a love letter to Nintendo with all of the content. Looks like there's one less reason for me to be hyped up for the game.

you could, i dont know...not suck.

Now, let's not get carried away here!  Sucking is "my thing".  It's what makes me unique.

MDMAlliance said:
oniyide said:
Spazzy_D said:
I'm going to say it again: it's a good thing if they are not focusing on an in depth story mode. I liked Melee's adventure mode fine, and with less focus on something like sub space maybe we will get things like individual break the targets back, which would be awesome. At the end of the day, if they spend 90% of their time on character roster, stages, items, and online modes I couldn't be happier.

im with you, did the subspace crap really cause delays and take up that much space? Wow if I needed any more reasons to be letdown by that game.

the reasons are silly, maybe they cant pull off the CG for 3DS so they are just gonna not do it. Im actually happy, subspace emmisary was terrible, long and boring. the cutscenes...likewise, I dont give a damn how pretty they were, but it doesnt mean anything without context. It was just a bunch of random crap strung together by a barely their story. good riddance, now focus on not having crap online

There would be no reason they can't pull off the CG for the 3DS.  Just look at Resident Evil: Revelations' CG scenes.  

it wont look the same as WIi U

Around the Network

Good. Focus on Melee 2 gameplay and a good adventure/story mode a la Smash64 or Melee.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

oniyide said:
MDMAlliance said:

it wont look the same as WIi U

The only difference will be resolution.  It has nothing to do with power.  CG doesn't require a super-powerful engine or hardware.

The truth of the matter is that cut-scenes and story mode take more time. Nintendo is so slow at making games, that they cannot afford to take ANY extra time doing anything more than the HAVE TO. They know that the Wii U is in a bad spot, and needs games NOW, so they are cutting any of the extras (like cutscenes and story mode) in order to get them to market quicker. All this means is less game for your money. Don't buy into the lies about "not wanting them to be spoiled over youtube" and what not. That's a cover/ A cover for the fact that it would add 6-8months of development time. So instead of see Super Smash Bros come out winter of 2014 it would push it into Q1 of 2015, which is just to far out.

Rest assured, the cutting of this material doesn't mean "MORE TIME TO FOCUS ON SOMETHING ELSE". It's just simply that they won't be spending the time needs as they are already finding themselves out of time without doing it.

Sad really. Nintendo needs to find a way to develop games faster, without cutting stuff that makes the games great.

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

RenderMonk said:
The truth of the matter is that cut-scenes and story mode take more time. Nintendo is so slow at making games, that they cannot afford to take ANY extra time doing anything more than the HAVE TO. They know that the Wii U is in a bad spot, and needs games NOW, so they are cutting any of the extras (like cutscenes and story mode) in order to get them to market quicker. All this means is less game for your money. Don't buy into the lies about "not wanting them to be spoiled over youtube" and what not. That's a cover/ A cover for the fact that it would add 6-8months of development time. So instead of see Super Smash Bros come out winter of 2014 it would push it into Q1 of 2015, which is just to far out.

Sad really. Nintendo needs to find a way to develop games faster, without cutting stuff that makes the games great.

Honestly, I doubt Nintendo feels they have to take those things out for that reason.  I think this is more of Sakurai's decision, not Nintendo.

@ MDMAlliance

I meant the game devs, not specifically Nintendo. Just saying Nintendo as a general term, as all their games suffer from this similar developmental hell. They just can't produce the games in a timely fashion. That is the essence of what I'm saying.

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.