By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So far... what is the game with best graphics in this console generation?

And the graphics king is...

The Last of Us 388 45.75%

Halo 4 74 8.73%

Killzone 3 29 3.42%

Uncharted 3 150 17.69%

Crysis 3 50 5.90%

Red Dead Redemption 15 1.77%

God of War Ascension 50 5.90%

Gears of War 3 14 1.65%

Others (Say which one) 57 6.72%

I think is yet to come (Say which one) 21 2.48%

Total:848

I own and have played Halo 4, The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, and Uncharted 3.

While they are probably more visually striking games, I'm going to have to say Tomb Raider is the more graphically advanced game. The only thing that's disappointed me visually in TR is the wolf animation when Lara is wrestling with them. Everything else has been stunningly realistic. TLoU? Eugh, don't get me started. So many parts of that game were visual disappointments. Need I remind you all of the jeep ride at the beginning of the game? Looked like PS2 visuals. Thoroughly disappointing. Stop drinking the Naughty Dog koolaid.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Super Mario Galaxy/2

There is no bias in this post whatsoever I promise.

I have a feeling the OP is talking technically. Which really is saddening seeing as how SMG is literally one of the most beautiful games this generation, even if it's character models don't have 1 billion polygons or 4k resolution.

NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:

Super Mario Galaxy/2

There is no bias in this post whatsoever I promise.

I have a feeling the OP is talking technically. Which really is saddening seeing as how SMG is literally one of the most beautiful games this generation, even if it's character models don't have 1 billion polygons or 4k resolution.

Actually, SMG is a very technically demanding game based on the specs of the console it was released. It's not like the Wii could run 1 billion polygons anyway...

TLoU or GOW:A

how is crysis 3 not winning ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Valkyria Chronicles.

'tis a crime that they only used the engine once.

Id also like to add that Uncharted 2 is a better looking game than Uncharted 3 in all areas outside of the desert walk.

halo 3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

RazorDragon said:

Actually, SMG is a very technically demanding game based on the specs of the console it was released. It's not like the Wii could run 1 billion polygons anyway...

This thread is comparing the Wii to PS3 and 360, that is why SMG would not win even if it was such a technically impressive game on the Wii.

kljesta64 said:
how is crysis 3 not winning ?

probably because its talking about console not PC.

if it was PC:

1) Crysis 3

2) Crysis 2

3) Crysis

lol