By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So far... what is the game with best graphics in this console generation?

And the graphics king is...

The Last of Us 388 45.75%

Halo 4 74 8.73%

Killzone 3 29 3.42%

Uncharted 3 150 17.69%

Crysis 3 50 5.90%

Red Dead Redemption 15 1.77%

God of War Ascension 50 5.90%

Gears of War 3 14 1.65%

Others (Say which one) 57 6.72%

I think is yet to come (Say which one) 21 2.48%

Total:848

If we're talking on a technical level, The Last of Us. However, artistically, you can't top the Mario Galaxy games. Those games make you feel like a kid running through the most vivid storybook. :)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

People are mixing up graphics with aesthetic. Graphically i would say Uncharted 2, 3, or The Last of Us.

Though, Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy 2 look so good they could pass as Ps3 and 360 games, which is a huge feat for the Wii.

Last of Us; everything about this game is just pure brillance, though I would say God of War: Ascension has probably the best character model Kratos; the level of detail is just amazing. And Uncharted 3 has the best graphical scene which is the desert scene, when drake is traveling the desert it almost looks real!!!

Zero999 said:

this isn't about pushing the system nor about number of polys/shaders/textures or else the topic title would be "most technically demanding game". the question is wich game has the best GRAPHICS and SMG is the answer for many.

The OP is talking technically. He posted it in this thread. 

If we talk technically, then SMG is not the best looking game. When taking all things into affect (and not just the "specs"/technicality of these games) I would agree that SMG is one of the best looking games this generation.

Around the Network

Damn ... GOW:A isn't getting much love for its visuals.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

BossPuma said:
People are mixing up graphics with aesthetic. Graphically i would say Uncharted 2, 3, or The Last of Us.

Though, Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy 2 look so good they could pass as Ps3 and 360 games, which is a huge feat for the Wii.

actually people are mixing graphics with tech demand. graphics are what you see on screen, I could make a single ugly character with a billion polygons or a magnificent looking one with 1% of that. the first is more demanding, the other is better.

Aldro said:

you should post some Killzone 3 pics and gifs

Skyrim and Ni No Kuni

God Of War: A is my pick. And I am TRULY amazed at how many people are choosing the last of us. As good as the game looks it is IMO NO WHERE NEAR the best looking game graphically. Uncharted 3, God Of War 3 and A, Killzone 3 and Crysis 3 all look WAY better in my opinion.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23