By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So far... what is the game with best graphics in this console generation?

And the graphics king is...

The Last of Us 388 45.75%

Halo 4 74 8.73%

Killzone 3 29 3.42%

Uncharted 3 150 17.69%

Crysis 3 50 5.90%

Red Dead Redemption 15 1.77%

God of War Ascension 50 5.90%

Gears of War 3 14 1.65%

Others (Say which one) 57 6.72%

I think is yet to come (Say which one) 21 2.48%

Total:848
killerzX said:
Aldro said:
killerzX said:
Aldro 

you should post some Killzone 3 pics and gifs

*Pics and gif*

by far the best graphical FPS game overall on consoles

Some more shout outs =>

While not as consistent throughout, when at its best, its awesome =>

UC3 <3

Last years winner of most graphics awards, Journey =>

Kratos looking like a baws, GoWIII =>

UC2 <3

Around the Network

Last of Us, hands down. It blew me away for current gen graphics. When you have exclusives on the Playstation they just cannot be beaten by the competition. 

Zero999 said:
BossPuma said:
People are mixing up graphics with aesthetic. Graphically i would say Uncharted 2, 3, or The Last of Us.

Though, Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy 2 look so good they could pass as Ps3 and 360 games, which is a huge feat for the Wii.

actually people are mixing graphics with tech demand. graphics are what you see on screen, I could make a single ugly character with a billion polygons or a magnificent looking one with 1% of that. the first is more demanding, the other is better.

Thats what i meant by aesthetic. Art style is usually what people judge by. 

Zero999 said:

Mario galaxy has the best graphics in gaming history.

Objectively, no. I think you're referring to art style not graphics. Mario Galaxy graphics are slightly above last gen graphics. Their art style is a slightly more mature in color palette and lighting in its jump from Mario Sunshine. Seriously, it wasnt that big of a jump from Gamecube to Wii, which is why Zelda: Twilight Princess could be played on the GC as well as the Wii with not such a huge difference. PS2 to PS3 or Xbox to Xbox 360 were much greater in differential graphics. NIntendo is basically playing the slightly above current gen graphics game again. They wont win a graphics war against anyone. Art style....probably, yes...thats all they've got. That and even if Nintendo had the best graphically capable console they would leave third parties to make the majorly mature graphically intensive games, they wont do it themselves.

I'm gonna go with Hitman: Absolution or the new Tomb Raider. Both really blew away my expectations.

Around the Network

I think Final Fantasy XIII should be on the list, regardless of the game, the graphics were high end, far better than some of the games you have listed.

I personally don't know which has the best graphics though, haven't played everything.

Hmm, pie.

Enviroments God of War Ascension, Animation The Last of Us

Altough The Last of Us suffers from Framerate drops

btw. I think its just fair to exclude racing games I mean racing games are the best looking because there is a lot less to render

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zero999 said:

Mario galaxy has the best graphics in gaming history.

Objectively, no. I think you're referring to art style not graphics. Mario Galaxy graphics are slightly above last gen graphics. Their art style is a slightly more mature in color palette and lighting in its jump from Mario Sunshine. Seriously, it wasnt that big of a jump from Gamecube to Wii, which is why Zelda: Twilight Princess could be played on the GC as well as the Wii with not such a huge difference. PS2 to PS3 or Xbox to Xbox 360 were much greater in differential graphics. NIntendo is basically playing the slightly above current gen graphics game again. They wont win a graphics war against anyone. Art style....probably, yes...thats all they've got. That and even if Nintendo had the best graphically capable console they would leave third parties to make the majorly mature graphically intensive games, they wont do it themselves.

I'm refering to final results, not art style. and you clearly don't know what "graphics" or "best" means. virtually every ps360 title is more demanding than mario galaxy in term of graphics, but mario galaxy graphics are the best, simple as that.

Zero999 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm refering to final results, not art style. and you clearly don't know what "graphics" or "best" means. virtually every ps360 title is more demanding than mario galaxy in term of graphics, but mario galaxy graphics are the best, simple as that.

Just like your name, that technically makes zero sense. Nintendo during the GC era had better graphics than the PS2, but not the Xbox but very few graphics intensive games outside of the Resident Evil ports and Zelda: Twilight Princess and the Metroid games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zero999 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Just like your name, that technically makes zero sense. Nintendo during the GC era had better graphics than the PS2, but not the Xbox but very few graphics intensive games outside of the Resident Evil ports and Zelda: Twilight Princess and the Metroid games.

you are confusing "better" with "more advanced".