By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Theory Article) Atlus Bankruptcy: Nintendo Will Buy Shin Megami Tensei Developer; Persona 5 Wii U A Serious Possibility

It is very plausible that it would happen and I would be okay if it did. It certainly would help Nintendo to have those franchises and as pointed out, they have been working closely with Atlus for a while now.
I wonder what would happen to SMT FE cross over if another company, like MS, got them?

Around the Network

I REALLY don't want to have to buy a WiiU for Persona 5.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

tbone51 said:

But that's not the biggest evidence that Ninty will bail out the Atlus bankruptcy. The biggest is their actual crossover title, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, in active development for Wii U. This is only the second major crossover Nintendo has ever done, after the Mario & Sonic Olympics series. It's just not in their DNA.

This is their "biggest evidence" and they can't even get the facts straight?  How about Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition (known outside of Japan as Pokémon Conquest)?  That's a major crossover.

arcane_chaos said:
dammit tbone...gave me a damn near heart-attack!!!

My bad Ô.ô

I see nintendo buying Atlus (if given the chance) only if they were sure that the main staff will continue to work with in the studio... Like what they did with monolith...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
Suke said:
If Nintendo buy Atlus.....remember the backlash on Bayonetta 2 being exclusive......expect that, but BIGGER!!!

Nerd rage will always exist. But honestly Nintendo buying Atlus would make a lot of sense, and be a great move for them in securing more GOOD exclusive games, especially rpgs, for their systems. In fact both Atlus and Platinum would be very good candidates, and it wouldn't hurt to pick up Good-Feel from Konami.

ListerOfSmeg said:
It is very plausible that it would happen and I would be okay if it did. It certainly would help Nintendo to have those franchises and as pointed out, they have been working closely with Atlus for a while now.
I wonder what would happen to SMT FE cross over if another company, like MS, got them?

Is Sony or MS it would probably be cancelled outright. But if the rumor on Atlus doing the majority of the development is true, that is a possibility regardless of whoever may purchase them. We really have no idea how far along it is in development, if it was being work on by Atlus and this change occurs, the shift in finances may force either Nintendo to take over/complete it or just out right cancel.

Fusioncode said:
I REALLY don't want to have to buy a WiiU for Persona 5.

It would probably be on the 3DS, it is a popular franchise but more importantly Nintendo/Atlus would want it on the major platform which in Japan would be the 3DS.

I, along with others, would prefer they stay third party so hope this does not come to pass.

Also, thread title nearly caused my heat to stop.

Seems plausible, likely even. I think Nintendo would benefit most from aquiring Atlus, and the Persona license, at least.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Bigfoot will show up at my house tonight to prove he is real!
(I sent him an invitation anyway so if he chooses not to attend....)

Microsoft to buy Nintendo

(or they could buy them in theory- they are both publicly traded companies and sometimes 1 company buys another)

Nintendo to buy EA

(they are in the same industry- plus Nintendo really likes EA's PR department)