By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Theory Article) Atlus Bankruptcy: Nintendo Will Buy Shin Megami Tensei Developer; Persona 5 Wii U A Serious Possibility

KingKazuma34 said:
I would actually like Nintendo to buy Atlus. I think the only people who dont want Atlus to be bought up by Nintendo is all the Persona fanboys. While Persona is one of my favorite series of all time, the series wont end, and it also was never exclusive to Sony in the first place. If you guys really did like Persona that much, then you would have no problems at all buying a Wii U or 3ds, whichever system it comes out on.

Exactly! just like all those people who complained about Bayonetta 2, if you love the series as much as you say, buy the Wii U instead of complaining

Around the Network
Augen said:
I, along with others, would prefer they stay third party so hope this does not come to pass.

Also, thread title nearly caused my heat to stop.

Would you prefer that they went out of business entirely, or that they from now on made their games exclusively for Nintendo, but at leat their games still EXIST? It's kind of like the Bayonetta 2 issue all over again. The nerd ragers ignored the fact that Sega dropped it and were not going to make the sequel. NOBODY was. Nintendo stepped in and made it happen. People were too busy nerd raging over their not wanting to "have to buy a Nintendo console", to realize that the game wouldn't be happening whatsoever if Nintendo wasn't footing the bill. This would be a very similar case.

And as far as SMT x Fire Emblem specifically is concerned, Nintendo knows that they need all the games for Wii U that they can get, and this is bound to be a quality exclusive that has already generated some excitement and buzz. Nintendo would be stupid to cancel it outright, and I think they also realize that, like Monolith Soft, Atlus would be another great developer to have in their stable. So again, I could see it happening, even though this is only a rumor.

Vinniegambini said:

Correction Nintendo owns Monolith Soft - Intelligent Systems is financially independent from Nintendo much like Hals Laboratory :)

Yes, that is technically correct. However, while "financially independant", they make ALL of their software for Nintendo systems, making them effectively first party developers. Intelligent Systems specifically was created to make Fire Emblem, and to help with NES/Famicom development, and has always been considered an "internal development studio". And HAL hasn't made games for non-Nintendo consoles since the MSX days, with the exception of a couple Eggerland/Lolo games for Windows in the mid-90s. But the point is, all three are pretty much exclusively Nintendo developers.

I hope Nintendo does buy Atlus . Atlus made and makes pretty good games. Nintendo could add them to the already stellar companies that are making first and second party games for Nintendo. That would make people have to buy a Wii U in order to play them. That is what Nintendo needs to do it want and make people have to buy a Wii U in order to sell more to get 3rd party companies to make games for the Wii U

Vinniegambini said:
MohammadBadir said:
theprof00 said:
Nem said:

@dialga

Resident evil remake, eternal darkness, metroid, mgs twin snakes, fire emblem, golden sun, xenoblade and more would like a word with you.

Your bias against nintendo makes for a poor partner. Give us an example of nintendo buying a studio and dumbing down their franchises to appeal to kids.

nintendo doesn't own any of those developers, and fire emblem is nowhere near as dark or "edgy" as persona or smt.

Nintendo owns Monolith Soft and Inteligent Systems -.-

Correction Nintendo owns Monolith Soft - Intelligent Systems is financially independent from Nintendo much like Hals Laboratory :)

Correction Intelligent Systems and Hal is a subsidary of Nintendo thus is NINTENDO!!!!

http://www.intsys.co.jp/english/location/index.html

http://www.ign.com/companies/intelligent-systems

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Systems

http://www.gamehiker.com/wiki/index.php?title=HAL_Laboratory

http://www.ign.com/companies/hal-laboratory

and soon maybe ATLUS!!!  

Around the Network

#NintendoBuyAtlus #SonyBuyAtlus I don't really care, as long the dev company is still in buisness

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:
#NintendoBuyAtlus #SonyBuyAtlus I don't really care, as long the dev company is still in buisness

An opinion I can agree with.

orniletter said:
Torillian said:

Again agreed, but they seem to be willing to publish things that are far edgier than what they're willing to develop internally.  Or at least they haven't shown a desire to develop anything like those games internally.  That could be a policy they specifically adopt or just how the chips have happened to fall, so again I don't think you can definitely say either way how a Nintendo run Atlus would proceed.  

Agreed on all points, we just don´t know (but I honestly don´t believe Nintendo would interfere with Atlus much and would force them to make their games happy-happy-sunshine-over-the-rainbow)

on a side note: Pikmin is one of the darkest games out there, the happy exterior can fool the eyes but

-you are enslaving an entire race

-killing the entire Fauna that is in your way

-struggling to stay alive (1 and 3 especially)/fighting for your survival or that of an entire planet

-deplete the Earth from it´s treasures (2)

This doesn´t have anything to do with Atlus, I just wanted to type it out :D

This got me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Suke said:

We need more gamers like you my friend.

has anything happened yet?