By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite fighting games

Tagged games:

I LOVE fighting games. I've been playing them for as long as I've been gaming. What are your favorite fighters? Do you prefer them deep or do you like accessibility? I like both actually. For me the crown goes to Super Smash Bros. Melee. I clocked more hours in that game (and Smash 64) than all other titles combined. I still play both regularly today. The latter is number 5 on my list though.

For me, my top 5 are the following

1 Smash Bros. Melee

2 Street Fighter 2

3 Capcom vs. SNK 2

4 Mortal Kombat (the most recent one)

5 Smash Bros. 64

Honorable mentions in no specific order are

Tekken 5

Tekken 3

Tekken Tag Tournament

Super Street Fighter 4

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Guilty Gear games up to Guilty Gear XX

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

Super Smash Bros Brawl is my favorite. Although I never thought about it before, It's possibly in my Top 10 games of all time.

I'm an huge fan of Tekken since 2. Even now I recognise the cleverness of Tekken 4 (the bridge game that allowed them more freedom with their style). My favourite of the series is easily Tekken 5 (or the later DR version). While Tekken 3 was great for it's time, Tekken 5 is in my view the pinnacle of the series.

Sadly things have been lost with Tekken 6 and Tag 2. 6 is good, however I feel very unbalanced. The bound and juggling mechanic was a bad step for the series, and they made Lars for this mechanic, giving him an advantage over other characters, in my opinion, him and other characters that have easy to perform/confusing 'lifts' gain an advantage. I much prefer to play the traditional way, where you just try and beat the crap out of the other person, even if it means kicking them when they are down or trying to get up. Tag 2 is a spammers heaven, a mess of a game. I'm on the ground, get kicked and suddenly bounce up randomly and they are doing a new tag combo? I mean what the hell.

On to other series, I've not got many from this generation. I don't feel they are a good and varied as they used to be. Not got into Soul Calibur or Dead or Alive. Late 90s was the fighters time.

Star Gladiator is a fantastic game, wish they made more and carried on the series (Not played the DC sequal).

X-men Mutant Academy 2 - a great game, far better than the first, I've played SF EX2 Plus and it's better than that I'd say.

Marvel Super Heroes - loved this one of the Capcom 2D fighters.

Hmm, pie.

As my nickname suggests, King of Fighters it is, 96, 98, 2000 to be precise. Haven't played fighting games for years though.

tekken... all the way

Around the Network

Super Smash Bros Brawl hands down. Best multiplayer game ever. So good I named my PSN ID after the series.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I have too many!!!......

- Street Fighter 2 Turbo
- Street Fighter Alpha 2
- X-Men vs Street Fighter
- Marvel vs Capcom
- Capcom vs SNK 2
- Street Fighter 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighter
- Super Smash Bros.
- Onimusha Blade Warriors
- Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension