By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki - Week 28 ( July 8 - July 14 )

Those pikmin figures are pretty average

Around the Network
naruball said:

In all fairness, when Monster Hunter Frontier (or whatever it's called) was released on 360, there was like a 700% increase (if not more), but then it dropped back to terrible numbers.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

964% increase

MH: 89k
360: 18k

VGC numbers

Surprisingly similar numbers to the Wii U.  Though the boost was much higher.  The comparison doesn't exactly shine a hopeful light on the Wii U.

A bit less hardware for the Wii U than I expected. I wonder how much will it drop next week.

Vita around 15k, decent. Toukiden still quite strong on both platforms.
And a bit stronger PS3 sales, I guess over 10million in Japan is a given right now.
And TLoU showing amazing legs, that makes me very happy!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

naruball said:
Conegamer said:

23k, a 300% increase WoW. I thought 25k, so that's not too far off the mark.

And Wow Turkish. If a 300% increase for a game that sells less than 100k FW doesn't suggest there's life left in the system, then I don't k ow what to say, really. Having said that, I do wonder how things will hold up in the long run. That is easily the most important thing.

In all fairness, when Monster Hunter Frontier (or whatever it's called) was released on 360, there was like a 700% increase (if not more), but then it dropped back to terrible numbers.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

True, but that is MH, a series which sells in the millions. Pikmin sells in the 200-300k range. It was never going to produce numbers like 500k SW/100k HW. If you take it for a average selling game boosting HW by such an amount, it is promising for the likes of Zelda, Mario, DK etc.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Serious_frusting said:
I guess pikmin isnt going to do as well as what people expected

You should have seen some of the guesses in the Pikmin first week sales thread.  Some guy seriously thought it would only sell 27k.  In fact, 8 people guessed 60k or lower.  One guess was obviously a joke, though.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

True, but that is MH, a series which sells in the millions. Pikmin sells in the 200-300k range. It was never going to produce numbers like 500k SW/100k HW. If you take it for a average selling game boosting HW by such an amount, it is promising for the likes of Zelda, Mario, DK etc.

Pikmin has quite literally never sold in that range.  At least from Famitsu numbers.  Pikmin 1 was 500k, 2 was 470k.  While the Wii remakes were both below your range with 171k and 148k.

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Its over Nintendo.

btw I was first :P but yours is better

when vita had a boost in performance after a game release you said it was proof that Vita was a potential godmine.

this was in September of 2012 where you made some startling predictions of how Vita would truly shine in 2013... how did that play out?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147281

so I'm not sure I trust your judgement.

Just goes to show how people think differently due to names.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Pikmin 3 had 2 days of sales people. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Released on a Saturday remember?

My FW prediction is still 125k

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Is it just me or Yokai Watch is a huge bomba?

Yakuzaice said:
Conegamer said:

Pikmin has quite literally never sold in that range.  At least from Famitsu numbers.  Pikmin 1 was 500k, 2 was 470k.  While the Wii remakes were both below your range with 171k and 148k.

I would say that the 200-300k range was just an estimate on his part.  Either way, the point still stands that Pikmin is a much smaller series than MH.