By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki - Week 28 ( July 8 - July 14 )

Yokai Watch is somewhat disappointing but it's a new IP and it might catch on gradually. It would be a shame if it did not. I wish it had launched on the Vita, which needs those type of games, instead of the 3DS, which has a ton of titles aimed at the same demographic. Blue ocean, people.

What is New Super Luigi U and why did it bomb? Without knowing anything about it, those are startling numbers for a Mario game.

35k+ combined for Toukiden at this point is nothing to sneeze at for a new IP. Those PSP sales could turn into Vita sales in the future if (when) there are sequels released.

Pikmin 3 numbers seem fine to me. It's a mid-tier release on a console that many people aren't sure they want yet. It's not a major system seller and will thus be constrained by the small installed base. I'd bet that it has pretty good legs over the life-cycle of the Wii U.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
naruball said:
Conegamer said:

23k, a 300% increase WoW. I thought 25k, so that's not too far off the mark.

And Wow Turkish. If a 300% increase for a game that sells less than 100k FW doesn't suggest there's life left in the system, then I don't k ow what to say, really. Having said that, I do wonder how things will hold up in the long run. That is easily the most important thing.

In all fairness, when Monster Hunter Frontier (or whatever it's called) was released on 360, there was like a 700% increase (if not more), but then it dropped back to terrible numbers.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

True, but that is MH, a series which sells in the millions. Pikmin sells in the 200-300k range. It was never going to produce numbers like 500k SW/100k HW. If you take it for a average selling game boosting HW by such an amount, it is promising for the likes of Zelda, Mario, DK etc.

MH, the franchise does pull some amazing numbers, but not on xb360. http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=monster+hunter+frontier&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

That fact that it sells in the millions on psp and 3ds doesn't change the fact that it didn't sell well on 360, yet it gave a major hd boost to 360. To me, it seems quite comparable actually. Percentage-wise it seems a lot, but in reality it isn't that much.

pokoko said:
What is New Super Luigi U and why did it bomb? Without knowing anything about it, those are startling numbers for a Mario game.

It's an expansion pack for New Super Mario Bros U. This is just the retail release. I think the digital version came out like a month ago.

badgenome said:
pokoko said:

It's an expansion pack for New Super Mario Bros U. This is just the retail release. I think the digital version came out like a month ago.

Also the digital version is $10 cheaper (or an equivalent in yen to $10).

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:

when vita had a boost in performance after a game release you said it was proof that Vita was a potential godmine.

this was in September of 2012 where you made some startling predictions of how Vita would truly shine in 2013... how did that play out?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147281

so I'm not sure I trust your judgement.

I said Vita had potential. It was in a period where Vita was selling 5-6k a week, then Hatsune Miku comes out and Vita does 10x better. Both software and hardweare grew.

How is that even comparable to this situation? Minimal hardware boost by a Nintendo franchise which does almost 100k.

Like I said, the rest of your thread means your predictions are untrustworthy... so why would I think your analysis here is any better.

The boost given isn't neccessarily going to have the same shape, its the longer term that actually matters.

For what its worth, I think wiiU will settle above Vita before too long.

Hm. Considering your comments on vita since it came out, I don't see how your analysis is more trustworthy than Turskish's.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Its over Nintendo.

btw I was first :P but yours is better

when vita had a boost in performance after a game release you said it was proof that Vita was a potential godmine.

this was in September of 2012 where you made some startling predictions of how Vita would truly shine in 2013... how did that play out?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147281

so I'm not sure I trust your judgement.

I said Vita had potential. It was in a period where Vita was selling 5-6k a week, then Hatsune Miku comes out and Vita does 10x better. Both software and hardweare grew.

How is that even comparable to this situation? Minimal hardware boost by a Nintendo franchise which does almost 100k.

Like I said, the rest of your thread means your predictions are untrustworthy... so why would I think your analysis here is any better.

The boost given isn't neccessarily going to have the same shape, its the longer term that actually matters.

Go to my big 2013 predictions thread where I predicted big things at the start of this year.

Anyways, when does Nintendo publish quarterly results?

Call me crazy but 100k copies sold on a platform with about a million install base sounds pretty darn good to me.

Signature goes here!

The Last of Us continues to have great legs.

The original Pikmin opened up to ~100k in Japan. Pikmin 2 opened up to ~190k in Japan.

Pikmin 3 is "okay" I guess. Not good, not bad.

It's turkish people, his predictions carry heavy bias, and should not be addressed as serious. Just let him be.

@spurge While that it's good, it needs all the artillery, Nintendo can fire.

naruball said:
kowenicki said:

Hm. Considering your comments on vita since it came out, I don't see how your analysis is more trustworthy than Turskish's.

Well he predicted slow/bad sales for the Vita since it came out... and the Vita saw slow/bad/terrible sales since it came out... I'd say his analysis is pretty good thus far.

Signature goes here!