By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Xenoblade Worth $150???

Looky Here!

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:

Looky Here!

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I really appreciate it, but I don'y really use ebay.  The first time I ever ordered anything on the internet I used ebay and well, lets just say the game didn't come as described.  From then on I only used amazon and I have never had any problems. 

Hmm, it might be worth it. I paid for mine new (and didnt have a Wii) and bought a WiiU just to play it (still havent though).

So ya, I paid >300 bucks for it.

I would say no. No game is worth $150. Try to get your hands on it through craiglist or something. The game, however, is pretty damn good.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

NintendoPie said:
keroncoward said:

I agree and i actually think its worth a whole lot more than $150. I actually had a Gold Zelda cassette back in the day but i was too young to know the value of it at the time. I ended up mistreating it to the point where the sticker was no longer there and traded it for another game. If only i could go back in time and retrieve it i would make a mint on ebay.

So you agree with my point but think Xenoblade is worth more than 150$? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

I agree its price is higher than usual because of its rarity but its cheap for the avaliability price. $150 is nothing compared to the amount it will be worth in a few years since its a AAA title with a cult following.

Around the Network
keroncoward said:
NintendoPie said:
keroncoward said:

I agree and i actually think its worth a whole lot more than $150. I actually had a Gold Zelda cassette back in the day but i was too young to know the value of it at the time. I ended up mistreating it to the point where the sticker was no longer there and traded it for another game. If only i could go back in time and retrieve it i would make a mint on ebay.

So you agree with my point but think Xenoblade is worth more than 150$? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

I agree its price is higher than usual because of its rarity but its cheap for the avaliability price. $150 is nothing compared to the amount it will be worth in a few years since its a AAA title with a cult following.

Or the price could plummet if an HD verion was released on the Wii U or on the eshop.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
keroncoward said:
NintendoPie said:
keroncoward said:

Or the price could plummet if an HD verion was released on the Wii U or on the eshop.

The Wii version price would still be high due to that version being rare. You have to understand there are a lot of game collectors out there that look for rare games. The Gold Zelda cassette is an example i made.

My personal opinion is that YES, the game is THAT good...it also gives you an incredibly lengthy adventure and for me personally, even plenty of replay value. I got 150 INCREDIBLE hours out of Xenoblade, so that would be $1 per hour at that price. For a comparison, my friend took less than 10 hours before beating Uncharted 3 and that cost him $60...so more than $6 per hour. BUT...this is just my opinion and you're going to get a different answer from every single person. For me, spending $150 on ANY game is pretty unlikely, but Xenoblade is my favorite game of all time and is just a really excellent experience, so I'd probably consider it. Obviously up to you though, and you never know if you'll like it as much as somebody else does.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

KylieDog said:
Not even close.

What is wrong with US used prices?

Because 90% of people who are selling it here are overvaluing the game, as with any rare game.

Worth it? Absolutely. The best rpg ever. Or at least the last decade. $150 is about a dollar an hour of gameplay for me, and I haven't played the end game
e quests and monsters. I was too mentally drained after finishing the main story, which is like a full season (or two) of a good TV series.

Should you pay $150? Absolutely not. I bought mine New a few months ago for $59. There are lots of copies out there for good prices.