By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Xenoblade Worth $150???

So I told the owner at this video game store near where I live that if he ever got any used copies of Xenoblade Chronicles to call me, well he got one, but its $150...So do you guys think its worth it?  I don't know how long its gonna be there so I have to act quick, he said he wanted to, but he couldn't put it on hold.  The thing is I don't want to spend all that money, then an HD version gets announced for Wii U...or you get the original free when you pre-order X or something like that.  Need some advice quick, thanks.

Around the Network

From Amazon, it looks like the used price for the game is right at $100
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007RNWUC4/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1373824798&sr=8-1&keywords=xenoblade+chronicles&condition=used

The new copies seem to be crossing $200 even.

Market values aside, from anybody that has played the game... they would probably value it at that level. I mean I wouldn't sell my used copy even for $150 offer.

I'd say $100-150 sounds about right.

Now I feel good I have an unopened copy

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Eh... I dunno, that's a lot for one game. I feel like we'll see a reprinting or HD version at some point.

It's worth whatever people pay for it. That being said, softmod your Wii and import it from Europe Germany (For some reason it is $60 on Amazon Germany vs $74 in GB) . Shipping to the US is only $4, too (not sure if you'll have to pay customs. Assuming 20% you'd end up with $77). $64 ($77?) vs $150 is not too shabby, imo.

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Xenoblade-Chronicles/dp/B0058NLQZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373825411&sr=8-1&keywords=xenoblade+chronicles

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200170100#USA

Around the Network

The $/hour sure is worth it :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

It's a pretty fantastic game, and if you have only had a Wii this generation and feel starved for JRPGs then it's probably worth the 150 bucks. If you aren't feeling really hard up for a JRPG of high quality then it's probably not worth it.

Heavens no. It's a good game, but still.

Since you're buying it used, Nintendo aren't getting your money anyway. Doesn't it run on Dolphin emulator?

You can get used copies for ~80 dollars on ebay

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

KylieDog said:
Not even close.

What is wrong with US used prices?

nothing wrong with US at all, the problem is that Ninty of America was spineless and only released the game through Gamestop and their own website so the game has very limited amount of copies.

OT no, I cant think of many games that are worth that price and this one isnt even that good.