By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 8th gen sales by Jan 1 2015

zorg1000 said:

3DS-64 million

Vita-14 million

Wii U-18 million

PS4-12 million

One-8 million

i think vita and xone numbers are too high. ps4 and 3ds are about right and wii u is too low.

Around the Network

3DS-56 million

Vita-11 million

Wii U-15 million

PS4-13 million

One-10 million

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

NintendoPie said:

3DS - Too high. The DS only had around 64 Million at this point in time. I'd say 60 Million at most.

Wii U - Too high. The Wii had around 19.8 Million around this point in time. I'd say 14 Million at most. (This is a comparison at the start of 2008, so the numbers that are used here don't reflect the second year of the Wii. Although my point still stands.)

PS4/One - Seems alright. Maybe too high for the PS4, and a little too low for the One. All together, alright. (I guess.)

Vita ---

Reminder: These estimates are pretty rough. I just did a quick look and only a little bit of "calculation" (lol) to get these. AKA, I'll probably be wrong on almost all of these. Minus 3DS, possibly.

did you see the "january" 1st 2015 in the title? that's amolst 1 and a half year from now.

3ds is shaping up to easily end 2013 with 40+ million. 64 million one year after means another 20M in 2014 wich is much possible, if not very likely.

vita is way too high considering what we know it's coming for it (not much, if anything). Xone also seems a little too high.

ps4 is alright and wii u is too low since it will pick up in sales with all the 2013 releases and we already have 4 AAA exclusives announced for 2014 (MK8, smash, bayonetta 2, X) + whatever they'll still announce. so it's kinda impossible for wii u to only sell 8-9M in 2014.

by the way "The Wii had around 19.8 Million around this point in time. I'd say 14 Million at most. (This is a comparison at the start of 2008, so the numbers that are used here don't reflect the second year of the Wii. Although my point still stands.)"

No, your point wasn't even close from getting up, let alone stand. you used numbers for when wii was 1 year old vs wii u 2 years old. and predicting a maximun of 14M for a console that will already be at least 9M 1 year before that time point is just nonsense.

tbone51 said:
zorg1000 said:
tbone51 said:
PS4 will have 18mil+ imo

3DS=61mil

WiiU=11mil

X1= 11mil

Vita=13mil

Wow I actually think nintendo consoles will do better than u do!!!!

Also u really think PS4 will sell at a similar rate as Wii?

with X180 mistakes and WiiU drought kind of O.o .... im still hoping for better sales of course

Yeah... The drought that will be history by 2015.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nintendo said wii U would sell 9 mi in march 2013 to march 2014, i guess they can 7.
and march 2014 to december i guess more 7, due mario kart,
so 3+7+7=17 mil, but probably 15~20 mil
Im also pretty confident about ps4, guess 15 mil
x1 start bad, since E3.
3DS 60 mil
vita idn.

So
wii U=17 mil
PS4=15 mil
X1= 8mil
3DS=60mil
Vita=12mil

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
Conegamer said:
DamnTastic said:
WiiU 18 million?
Who are you fooling here?

Out of curiosity, can we see your predictions?

WiiU - 6.00M

XB1  - 8.00M

ps4  -15.00M

3DS  -50.00M

psv  -12.75M

WTH for your Nintendo predictions! Im pretty sure nintendo can sell over 3mil in the next year and a half lol. Also 50mil for 3ds? You do kno that 3ds is now over 32mil and by end of this year it will have at least 44mil-46mil right? pokemon,MH4,and Zelda this holiday vs last years Paper Mario(which got 3ds 14mil in 2012). It'll hit 50mil by In the Summer of next year at this rate !

tbone51 said:
DamnTastic said:
WiiU - 6.00M

XB1  - 8.00M

ps4  -15.00M

3DS  -50.00M

psv  -12.75M

WTH for your Nintendo predictions! Im pretty sure nintendo can sell over 3mil in the next year and a half lol. Also 50mil for 3ds? You do kno that 3ds is now over 32mil and by end of this year it will have at least 44mil-46mil right? pokemon,MH4,and Zelda this holiday vs last years Paper Mario(which got 3ds 14mil in 2012). It'll hit 50mil by In the Summer of next year at this rate !

alright I'll admit my 3DS prediction is a little bit at the low side. I'm sure they will hit 50m and 55M is surely possible.

My wiiU prediction is spot on if nothing changes.

″alright I'll admit my 3DS prediction is a little bit at the low side. I'm sure they will hit 50m and 55M is surely possible.
My wiiU prediction is spot on if nothing changes.″

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Im pretty sure this holiday WiiU will hit 6mil-7mil but hey will see soon enough .
now for 3DS!

★Big Titles+Yearly sales

[2011=13mil]
[2012=14mil] Paper Mario(only holiday title)/ NSMB/Animal Crossing(japan only)
[2013=17mil-20mil]Animal Crossing(US/Euro)/Pokemon/MH4/Zelda
[2014=13mil+]SSB4/Yoshi Island/???/(cheaper price tag maybe or new model?)

The least we will see is 57mil unless games flop. I mean pokemon is the best System seller for portables and in japan MH comes close to that and they both releasing this year O.o!

tbone51 said:

Im pretty sure this holiday WiiU will hit 6mil-7mil but hey will see soon enough .

I hope they prove me wrong on this one, I really do :)

DamnTastic said:
tbone51 said:

I hope they prove me wrong on this one, I really do :)

Oh it will, and it'll be "Damntastic"