By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 8th gen sales by Jan 1 2015

haxxiy said:
MDMAlliance said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I don't think Wii U will be that high, I think it will be around 12m.

12m would mean you expect the Wii U to sell as it has been for the next year and a half.

And that's pretty much what happened with the Gamecube ten years ago, even after Nintendo dropped the price to $99, released Mario Kart and Zelda and started the whole "who are you?" advertising.

Not saying it'll happen, but it's not that unreasonable.

I was just saying that if they really believe it will be around 12m, they are expecting the Wii U to not have any significant games to boost sales past its current state.  
So that would mean they wont think Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, 3D Mario, X, possibly Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and more games that are bound to come before Jan 1 2015 will do the trick (plus a price cut).  
The thing is that the Gamecube and Wii U were in different situations, albeit they seem to struggle the same.  
Also, looking at gamecubes World Wide sales doesn't tell the entire story, look at it by region.  Gamecube DID sell in North America.  It did not, however, in Europe and Japan.  From what it looks like, Wii U is doing roughly the same in each region.  

Around the Network

3DS: 45 Million

Vita: 10 Million

Wii U: 6 Million

PS4: 7 Million

Xbox One: 5 Million

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

I can safely bet that the three bolded ones are way off.  Way too low.  I would bet money on it.

MDMAlliance said:
Anfebious said:

I can safely bet that the three bolded ones are way off.  Way too low.  I would bet money on it.

XDD Probably I am really guessing more than giving a prediction . But yeah they are kind of off. Especially the Vita and Wii U one but I am willing to bet... not money tough xDD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
MDMAlliance said:
Anfebious said:

XDD Probably I am really guessing more than giving a prediction . But yeah they are kind of off. Especially the Vita and Wii U one but I am willing to bet... not money tough xDD

Just wondering... you are aware these are total sales by January 1st 2015, a year and a half away from now?
PS Vita is currently over 5m and has picked up some steam recently
Wii U is over 3m with several huge titles coming between now and holiday season 2014
3DS is over 30m right now with a plethora of system sellers between now and holiday season 2014.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:

Just wondering... you are aware these are total sales by January 1st 2015, a year and a half away from now?
Wii U is over 3m with several huge titles coming between now and holiday season 2014
3DS is over 30m right now with a plethora of system sellers between now and holiday season 2014.

OH! Sorry! XDDDD I was wrong, I tought it was for 2014... My bad in that case I retire my guess xDD. 

Anfebious said:
MDMAlliance said:

OH! Sorry! XDDDD I was wrong, I tought it was for 2014... My bad in that case I retire my guess xDD. 

Yeah, I thought that might have been the case.  Those numbers were way too low haha.

Gotta love that Wiiu optimism.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

curtiswolf said:
Yours:
3DS-64 million
Vita-14 million
Wii U-18 million
PS4-12 million
One-8 million

3DS: i think The 3DS on its 5th year isnt gonna be 64 Million maybe 50, but not 64. Simply because after so many are bought or after so much time has went on, Sales drop.

Vita: i think the sales are gonna be lower for the vita, its not even on its second year out, but theres only been 5 million sold. i think 10 - 12 Million

WiiU sounds right at about 15 - 20 Million sold

PS4: i think withthe PS4 being so popular, i think its gonna have a good lifetime. So if you are talking 2015, PS4 should be at 25 Million.

XB1: I think its gonna have a bad first year with only 3-4 Million sold, but 2014 they will make decent numbers. so 2015 should be 10 - 12 Million.

You say the 3DS can't reach that milestone, but you agree with his Wii U numbers?

What has this world come to?

Zero999 said:

by the way "The Wii had around 19.8 Million around this point in time. I'd say 14 Million at most. (This is a comparison at the start of 2008, so the numbers that are used here don't reflect the second year of the Wii. Although my point still stands.)"

No, your point wasn't even close from getting up, let alone stand. you used numbers for when wii was 1 year old vs wii u 2 years old. and predicting a maximun of 14M for a console that will already be at least 9M 1 year before that time point is just nonsense.

My point still stands. I find it funny, though, that you sifted your way through this thread and found my number yet other people are predicting something with Millions lower than mine. Interesting.

Also, do you agree with the OP's Wii U prediction? If so, why?