By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions revisited - Episode One: Playstation fanbase: The Last of Us will sell BETTER than Halo 4

Tagged games:

Will The Last of Us sell BETTER than Halo 4?

Hellz to the yeah! 30 12.71%

Yes 14 5.93%

Maybe 37 15.68%

No 71 30.08%

Hell no! 53 22.46%

The fuck is going on here 31 13.14%

Total:236

I wish it did, every Halo since Halo 1 has been worse and worse. I don't know why this game got such high reviews, maybe because a bad Halo review would flood your website with forum flaming?

Halo 4 by 343 was the worst Halo I ever played, worse then ODST.

Meanwhile every Naughty Dog game this gen gets better and better.

---

But quality =/= quantity. If it did XenoBlade would sell as well as FFXIII and Call of Duty would probably only sell half as well as it does.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Iveyboi said:
pezus said:

Halo is at 8.36m

What do you think about this unreasonable prediction from the PS3 fanbase, then? Overhyping, expectations too high, superiority complex. What is it??

One person giving an unreasonable prediction. This prediction is not indicative of the PS3 Fanbase.

No, even 7m+ would be a miracle, sadly, though.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.

I think it definitely could outsell Halo 4. 

If a new IP, regardless of who developed it, or how well the game reviewed outsells a well established hardware selling franchise, it means that is the beginning of the end of said franchise.

That said, no; it won't outsell Halo 4. We'll see how a PS4 sequel sells, although I question the ability of any 8th gen games to break any software records in the first year, just based upon limited install bases alone.

Around the Network
Wright said:
MoiseHnkel said:
Its like demanding who will do better McDonald or the best (5star) restaurant in the town.

Or Spiderman (movie) vs The godfather (movie)

You know wich one is the best but one of them is made to appeal to lower function of your brain Like Mcdonald.

I normally wouldn't bother commenting these kind of things, but with your analogy of MacDonald and the 5 Stars restaurant, I can't help but say that 5 stars restaurants tend to suck hard. I mean, you pay a fuckin' lot of money and they serve you dishes almost empty. McDonald tends to be cheaper and man, aren't you satisfied when you finish eating.

Watch out with those analogies!

While I agree the top end posh restaurant stend to give you eff all portion size and a lot of them serve delicacies , your average Middle of the road restaurant will provide way more satisfaction than that fast food garbage . Why would I go out to get burger and chips when I can cook that at home and better? Whereas a nice Grill restaurant I can taste food that I don't have the knowledge or ingredients to cook at home .

No.

Unrealistic and rather silly. Who made this?

EDIT:  Yep, I didnt click the link.  Shame on me. 

Hold on...who exactly made this prediction? Whoever did was crazy. I never heard a single person even indicate a prediction like this.

PS fan(boy)s certainly tend to overhype exclusives (something that, as a PS guy, drives me crazy). Most ppl expected TLoU to sell well. I heard predictions of TLoU vs. U3, but I never heard one vs. Halo 4. Unreasonable expectations, and for a new IP no less.

It's the better game, but no. Halo 4's week one sales are higher than the current The Last of Us sales, even if you include the shipped sales making it 3.4 million.

impossibru

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.