By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions revisited - Episode One: Playstation fanbase: The Last of Us will sell BETTER than Halo 4

Tagged games:

Will The Last of Us sell BETTER than Halo 4?

Hellz to the yeah! 30 12.71%

Yes 14 5.93%

Maybe 37 15.68%

No 71 30.08%

Hell no! 53 22.46%

The fuck is going on here 31 13.14%

Total:236

I see what you are trying to do. -_-

Just analysis purposes, can you give a launch aligned comparison?

Around the Network
nnodley said:
No it won't but I do think TLOU could get close to 7 million. Would be a massive accomplishment for Naughty Dog.

thats alot of dem sales you be guestimating there.. i bet it tops about 4.5mil. 

BUT i also said it would sell around 300k first week so tbh i honiestly wouldnt trust me. 

pezus said:
Iveyboi said:
Better than Halo 4.......not a chance!
Halo 4 is going to continue to sell, especially with price drop.

No way TLOU is going to hit 10+ million

Halo is at 8.36m

What do you think about this unreasonable prediction from the PS3 fanbase, then? Overhyping, expectations too high, superiority complex. What is it??

One person giving an unreasonable prediction. This prediction is not indicative of the PS3 Fanbase.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

PlaystaionGamer said:
nnodley said:
No it won't but I do think TLOU could get close to 7 million. Would be a massive accomplishment for Naughty Dog.

thats alot of dem sales you be guestimating there.. i bet it tops about 4.5mil. 

BUT i also said it would sell around 300k first week so tbh i honiestly wouldnt trust me. 

Yeah that's the most optimistic prediction I have for TLOU.  I don't see it being below 5.5 million.

It think it will do very well. But I don't think it will do halo numbers. I think this game deserves to sell like halo tho.

Around the Network

Halo is a huge online game and that's the component that make the game to sell great. TLOU is a single player experience. Even though it has multiplayer and we all know games focus on single player experience don't tend to sell that much excluding GTA 5 of course. So those who make this silly prediction were just trying to get attention or something like that.

pezus said:
Iveyboi said:
pezus said:
Iveyboi said:
Better than Halo 4.......not a chance!
Halo 4 is going to continue to sell, especially with price drop.

No way TLOU is going to hit 10+ million

Halo is at 8.36m

What do you think about this unreasonable prediction from the PS3 fanbase, then? Overhyping, expectations too high, superiority complex. What is it??

One person giving an unreasonable prediction. This prediction is not indicative of the PS3 Fanbase.

One person is enough to get a general idea about the way of thinking of a singular fanbase, I feel.

If you haven't taken a statistics course....I reccomend that you do so

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Just to entertain. Hall 4 did about 5 million in the same period of time. Both should have some good legs but Halo 4 will probably last out. That doesn't mean the Last of Us isn't going to sell really well behind it. It's been a great retail success so far.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Its like demanding who will do better McDonald or the best (5star) restaurant in the town.

Or Spiderman (movie) vs The godfather (movie)

You know wich one is the best but one of them is made to appeal to lower function of your brain Like Mcdonald.

MoiseHnkel said:
Its like demanding who will do better McDonald or the best (5star) restaurant in the town.

Or Spiderman (movie) vs The godfather (movie)

You know wich one is the best but one of them is made to appeal to lower function of your brain Like Mcdonald.

I normally wouldn't bother commenting these kind of things, but with your analogy of MacDonald and the 5 Stars restaurant, I can't help but say that 5 stars restaurants tend to suck hard. I mean, you pay a fuckin' lot of money and they serve you dishes almost empty. McDonald tends to be cheaper and man, aren't you satisfied when you finish eating.

Watch out with those analogies!