By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why did you skip "After Earth", with the greatest Black actor of all time in it, Will Smith.

Samuel L. Jackson > Will Smith

Around the Network

I didn't.

Worst movie I have seen in a while. Horrific performance by Jaden, boring script, generic setting, terrible story and overall catastrophic movie.

Well i like Will Smith and his movies bût this time after watchimng all the Trailers the movie look a Little bit meh to me. Will i watch it. Sure on DVD or Blue Ray some time but didnt feel the Need to watch it in cinemas.

At no point during the trailer did I see Will Smith say "Aww HELL, naw!". Killed any excitement I had for the movie.

I ignored it.. because of the director.. sorry but after Sixth Sense.. none of his movies were that good.. they were all to drawn out.. and the surprise endings just was not worth it.. (The Village, Signs, etc.)

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Around the Network

the best actor is obama by far. lies with a straight face. haha i couldnt resist.

seriously though,
The movie didnt look all that great, and it wasnt will smith keeping people from it, i say its his wanna be actor son that just cant act.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Chris Hu said:

Denzel has played a wider variety of characters then Will Smith especially since he never was in any sequels and probably never will appear in any sequels.  Will Smith will mostly be know for sequels by the time he stops acting.

How much comedy have you seen Denzel in lately? Look at all of his movies back to back, he has one major acting style that hes known for and thats being a no nonsense badass. 

Well he is still a better actor then Will Smith not to mention that most of his movies that he has been in are a lot better then the movies Will Smith has been in.  Also I totally forgot to mention Keith Davis not only is he a better actor then Will Smith he is also a better voice actor and Platoon and The Thing are miles better then any movie Will Smith appeared in.

In short, because M Night hasn't made a good movie in a decade. The Happening was NOT decent. You are literally the first person I've ever heard call it anything but terrible.

Will Smith agreed to be in this, because it was to be a vehicle for his son. it wasn't a 'Will Smith movie".

Oh, and as for child actors, the gold standard was Haley Joel Osment, someone who's acting really helped propel the Sixth Sense, and M Night career

While Will Smith is definitely my favorite black actor as well as one of my favorite actors, ranking him as the best is very opinionated when you have others who is great such as Morgan Freeman, Jaimie Foxx (Eric Bishop), Samuel Jackson, and Denzel Washington.

The best black actor of all time Male: Sidney Poitier, Female Cicely Tyson, Ground breakers in film